+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3830672;
    I finally got to watch this episode. Tim Kang was so hot--I have fallen in love. I told my husband that if Tim Kang showed up and wanted to ravage me, that would be my free one. I wish I had seen that TV Guide--I would have snapped that up. It is very interesting how different he is--he is so well at being stoic. I haven't let anyone erase the DVR--I will probably watch this when I need my fix in the future.

He is yummy. And smart.

The Mentalist: Tim Kang Teases New Episodes - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I forget the rules, and maybe I already posted this, but: check out Youtube and search for Tim Kang Anonymous Korean Assassin. It's classic Cho-ic stoic.

I tried to find the great pic of Tim Kang that was in TV Guide February 8 - 14, 2010 but couldn't.......
    But, I did find this one - What do you think?

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

what I think???? HUBBA HUBBA.................
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Count me among those who were delighted to see an episode focus on Kang's character. Yes, he is drool worthy, but he is also a very good actor who always draws you in.

I just rented "Not Forgotten" from Netflix; it starred Simon Baker in a very, very different kind of role. This is not the type of film I would normally like very much, but I thought his performance was excellent and I found myself quite enjoying the movie.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I saw Simon Baker in Love and Sex 101 and it was quite...ummm...well....funny to see him as a "cad"/playboy kind of character. I know I'm going to get yelled at for saying this because they need a show that focuses on cases and not romantic hookups but I'm soooooooo waiting for the day when Lisbon wakes up and admits that she's hot for Jane. LOL
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I don't want Lisbon/Jane to ever hook up. IMO, he's still grieving for his wife and child. He's never going to be ready to move on until RJ is not of this world anymore.

Also, every time they allow the leads to get romantic, the show jumps the shark either then or soon after. I don't mind the redhead and Burt - still laugh about that one!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree... if they have warning the show is going to end they'll catch Red John and then Jayne and Lisbon will hook up. Not before if they have any sense.
    Among other reasons, even if Patrick is tempted he'll remember what RJ did to the last people he overtly loved....
    PS And of course they have to solve her mom's case first as well.... which I seem to recall has loose ends hanging. Clear out all the baggage.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-21-2010 at 03:18 PM.

I just don't see a Jane/Lisbon hookup - they have zero chemistry. Hook Jane up with someone outside the dept. - if they have to, I don't think they have to. I do find it strange that they're not even talking about Red John since Terry Kinney died. I wonder if they're trying to be like Monk and him finding Trudy's killer?? It worked for Monk, but for some reason The Mentalist isn't as good this season and I dont know why.

What happened to Lisbons Mom?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3835132;
    I just don't see a Jane/Lisbon hookup - they have zero chemistry. Hook Jane up with someone outside the dept. - if they have to, I don't think they have to. I do find it strange that they're not even talking about Red John since Terry Kinney died. I wonder if they're trying to be like Monk and him finding Trudy's killer?? It worked for Monk, but for some reason The Mentalist isn't as good this season and I dont know why.

What happened to Lisbons Mom?
    Terry Kinney died (in real life?) or Sam Bosco? I think/hope you mean the character he played, but yes, that whole Red John thing over and over was tiring, especially since they probably don't plan to solve it until the end of the series. So, as an act of kindness, maybe they have given us a RJ break.

I agree there is no chemistry between Jane/Lisbon, I thought there was first season though, and now can only say "what was I thinking!!!!!"

The only time I remember Lisbon talking about her mother was in that episode with the alcoholic father that neglected his kids because he was still grieving over the death of his wife. I think I "assumed" that was a similar story with Lisbon..... that her mother had died, the father started drinking, etc. Maybe, I missed something along the way; but I got the feeling that Lisbon was a survivor, that her dad never came to terms over the loss of his wife.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread