+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

FORT Fan

Re: The Mentalist

I plan on watching - it'll be the only tv drama I'm checking out, and that's solely because of Simon Baker. Isn't he Australian? Why isn't he using his real accent? (Oh - probably because I'd be in a dead faint and wouldn't be able to see the commercials.)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930;3203323;
    I plan on watching - it'll be the only tv drama I'm checking out, and that's solely because of Simon Baker. Isn't he Australian? Why isn't he using his real accent? (Oh - probably because I'd be in a dead faint and wouldn't be able to see the commercials.)
    Yep, Tasmania in fact.

I loved him in Devil Wears Prada..
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I'll be watching...

It was solid. Not overly blown away, but interested enough to keep watching.

I liked it. Of course anything new that I like usually doesn't make it. I hope this one does though. Plus, Simon Baker is nice to look at .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fan

I liked it too even though I usually shows avoid shows about murder and dead bodies and serial killers. Will keep watching solely because of Simon Baker because I like the air of cheekiness he brings to the character.

I liked it too. I'd watch Simon Baker in anything, but I thought he was terrific. Just the right amounts of cheeky and serious and, of course, he's adorable. I wish they'd let him use his real accent. Why do they keep making all these Australian/Scottish/English/etc. actors play American? I love the accents!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Simon Baker is just drool worthy! I didn't see the premier but I will catch it online. He has a smile that melts my heart!
    Yup, with donuts!!

No one had any problem with the fact that none of the cops knew his backstory?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It certainly seemed odd...his wife and kid are killed by the famous serial killer and they don't know that? Or don't refer to that?
    I admit I laughed when he dissed the guy who was reconstructing the scene...so often we are "on the side" of the criminalists (or whatever the global term is for this group...Booth's "squints") against the cops..the CSI folks, or Dexter. It felt weird to be on the other side.

+ Reply to Thread