+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3734577;
    Last night's episode (which involved someone being in witness protection and a "mafia don") was much sharper and crisper than last week's weak effort.

The dialogue was humorous and cutting and Patrick's work was more in line with his special talents and experiences.

Last week's bad episode must have been a fluke that slipped past when the producers weren't looking.

I hope they continue the tradition of good eps like last night's.

I don't want to see this show get pedestrian. Last night's was definitely not that.

Thank goodness!
    I absolutely agree with everything you wrote, Wind Dancer. I had been a little disappointmed with some of this season's episodes, but last night was back to fun, interesting, and up to standard. The scenes between Jayne and the mafioso were fabulous, especially on the golf course. I, too, hope they keep it up.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Sadly, last night was a repeat from last season.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Yeah, CSI was a repeat too - but next week is supposed to be new.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3734591;

Oh no--that is sad!

What a contrast between the two episodes!

If the new episodes continue to be as pedestrian as they have been this season I'll conclude that the original producer is no longer associated with the show. That's the usual culprit in this type of situation.

I so hope that's not true and the series goes back to the way it was last year.

I know this season is not as good as last, but I just can't put my finger on why? Is it the cases? Is it the characters? IDK - but I think the absence of the Red John thread this season is part of it.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3734606;
    I know this season is not as good as last, but I just can't put my finger on why? Is it the cases? Is it the characters? IDK - but I think the absence of the Red John thread this season is part of it.
    I think it's the humor...or lack thereof. It seems much more serious. Not as much joking around and definitely a shortage of the one-liners.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3734591;
    I didn't realize that either....and also thought what a good episode it was... It doesn't always have to be about the star...there have been some good episodes focusing more on the 2 asst. detectives for example, very funny ones, but without getting slapstick the lighthearted tone is what attracts me to the show... and that does fit well with the heroes personna.

FORT Newbie Tetris Champion, backGammon Champion, Broken Words Champion Debbie51495's Avatar

The show seems flat this year. I think the chemistry between Jane and Lisbon is off, her attitude toward him is different this year, she always seems pissed off at him. Jane is also more arrogant and less likeable than last season - IMO

This week's episode was the best of this season's, so far.

Love Cho - this show without Cho would suck big toes.

I wonder if Jane and Lisbon are supposed to have couple chemistry, they don't - move on.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

They can't have chemistry because Jayne will be mourning his wife until he catches Red John...he won't have "closure" until then. So for now Lisbon is just a much a pal/boss with him as with the other guys. IMO, of course! We are all used to there being that sexual tension when you have a male and female lead....and here Jayne is being written and played as kind of neutered. Cute, but not on the make, not motivated by sex the way men usually are.

+ Reply to Thread