+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Mentalist

Maybe he's colorblind? Or always dressed by a stylist?

FORT Fogey

The whole time I was watching I was thinking--his stylist has a lot to answer for.

Those two different plaids made it look as though he'd been dressed out of a clothing donation bin.

On other interviews I've seen that he's done with ET or Access Hollwood etc he's been dressed casually--often in a faded denim shirt with the sleeves rolled up or in a casual sports shirt.

Oh and once they showed him in a wetsuit getting ready to surf (which apparently has been a big passion for much of his life. Australia has some fantastic world-class surfing)

Do I need to tell you how hot he looked in the wet suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3711942;
    British actors, especially the good ones, are generally less interested in style than American actors. They tend to wear what is comfortable unless they are being dressed for an event or appearance. I don't mind. I love their talent and he's got such a great face. And, he might have had some jet lag and they have to get up very early in the morning for those shows.
    FYI....he is not a British actor....he's from Australia! In fact, he and his wife are friends with Nicole Kidman, and she is his third child's godmother.

I do agree that what he wore on the View was a mess.

FORT Fogey

MamaC--apparently he used to be something of a fixture in the Australian surfing community.

ETA--he was on the CBS Early Show last week the same day that Craig Ferguson was on and they interviewed Craig first and then Simon. Craig came back onto the set and gave Simon a big smooch on the cheek saying something about its being for "the handsomest guy" or words to that effect--just clowning around.

Simon seened to take it very well.

I think Simon's been on Craig's show-but I think it was last year when The Mentalist was just getting started. Craig is very familiar with certain Australian cities having lived there for a while. He sometimes talks about the Aussie bars and how he knew he was a drunk when even the Aussie bartenders used to tell him he spent too much time drinking.

Craig made some reference to specific Australian bars that morning but they were not ones that Simon had worked in.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 09-28-2009 at 08:37 AM.

I saw him one something once wearing a really "loud" vest or shirt or something. I remember thinking how interesting and what a refreshing change from the same old stuff men usually wear.

From the few articles I have read about him, he has a happy personality, and likes to kid around a lot on set. He is forever taking snapshots of people/cast and keeps the crew laughing. I think the outrageous style is part of his fun personality. (Maybe he likes to make us all smile)
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

Felt sorry for the boy, I guess the call from the dad's girlfriend was the last straw...... to bad he didn't know she was planning to break up with his dad. Although at that point, maybe nothing would have helped prevent the beating.
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

This show has become very underwhelming.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Anders--hi. It pains me to have to say I agree with you. I noticed that by the end of last week's show there was almost nothing in the entire episode that used or highlighted Patrick's special abilities.

That has been the trend this season and I feel it is turning into just another cop show.
    .IMO they are under-utilizing not only their very attractive star--Simon Baker--but are not using the very strong premise upon which the series was based.

I wonder what happened?

Do they have new writers/producers?

FORT Fogey

Last night's episode (which involved someone being in witness protection and a "mafia don") was much sharper and crisper than last week's weak effort.

The dialogue was humorous and cutting and Patrick's work was more in line with his special talents and experiences.

Last week's bad episode must have been a fluke that slipped past when the producers weren't looking.

I hope they continue the tradition of good eps like last night's.

I don't want to see this show get pedestrian. Last night's was definitely not that.

Thank goodness!

+ Reply to Thread