+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

Re: The Mentalist

Premiere next week, 9/24! Can't wait. DH and I started watching this the night of the season ender in May. We've tried to catch all the re-runs, which have been running everywhere, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays. Was hard to keep up with. Thank goodness the DVR followed "all episodes" for us.

Still have never seen the pilot episode, and the ABC website doesn't have that one in full length. There are a bunch of clips, but I don't want to watch it that way. We'll probably get the DVD series. I'm spoiled on watching my favorites shows on DVD.

I haven't seen it mentioned thus far, but, did anyone recognize Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby character) was Cromartie on the first episode of Season One Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles?

I did a search, and if I missed a prior post, I apologize.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Season Premiere Tonight!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I love Jane. He's just a great, intriguing guy. Of course it helps that Simon Baker's hot and his accent is to die for (in real life). The first case back in the store had me cracking up. Especially when the cops started chasing the bad guy and wound up breaking so much glass.

FORT Fogey

The writing on this show is a great blend of character work, humor and who-dun-it tension.

The first episode of the new season was no exceptiopn. I love how the tension has been cranked up by having the squad taken off the Red John investigation.

And I hope that other Simon Baker fans were also able to catch him on ther various daytime talk shows this past week as he publicized the start of the new season.

Add me to the list of those who love this show. Simon Baker is outstanding in the role and reminds me of a young Cary Grant. Robin Tunney is a perfect match for him. It has an excellent supporting cast as well.

I did see him on a couple of daytime shows, Wind Dancer. I don't watch many of them, but I do look to see who the guests are. That's generally my decision maker about which of them to watch.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Hein;3706021;
    I haven't seen it mentioned thus far, but, did anyone recognize Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby character) was Cromartie on the first episode of Season One Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles?

I did a search, and if I missed a prior post, I apologize.
    I think you are the first to spot it!

Really love this show....loved the way the guys on the team looked stricken when Jane said he was leaving. Love that Cho is the more wild and crazy of the 2.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3711776;
    Add me to the list of those who love this show. Simon Baker is outstanding in the role and reminds me of a young Cary Grant. Robin Tunney is a perfect match for him. It has an excellent supporting cast as well.

I did see him on a couple of daytime shows, Wind Dancer. I don't watch many of them, but I do look to see who the guests are. That's generally my decision maker about which of them to watch.
    Flroimel--hi. Did you by any chance see him on The View? I think he is so handsome and yet I have to say--his outfit was hideous!

His sports coat looked very cheesy--was one kind of plaid and his shirt also looked cheesy--another kind of plaid in totally different colors.

I couldn't bear to look at him....very tragic indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3711914;
    Flroimel--hi. Did you by any chance see him on The View? I think he is so handsome and yet I have to say--his outfit was hideous!

His sports coat looked very cheesy--was one kind of plaid and his shirt also looked cheesy--another kind of plaid in totally different colors.

Hi Wind Dancer. Sorry to say, I did not see him on The View. I generally flip between it and Regis/Kelly at that time, and must have missed him there.

British actors, especially the good ones, are generally less interested in style than American actors. They tend to wear what is comfortable unless they are being dressed for an event or appearance. I don't mind. I love their talent and he's got such a great face. And, he might have had some jet lag and they have to get up very early in the morning for those shows.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3711914;

I just watched him on youtube (search: The View/Simon Baker)
    and I have to admit, my eyes popped out. I have never seen anyone where a plaid shirt with a plaid jacket before, but who knows - maybe that is common in his country. But, he is yummy to watch no matter what he wears.

ETA: from my monitor, the colors did seem to co-ordinate
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 09-27-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread