+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: The Mentalist

FORT Fogey

Re: The Mentalist

MamaC--yes that's it.

I like tonight's show because they got to do something with "heart" instead of just catch a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3332772;
    Here is airs Sunday nights. We get ours on CTV.
    me too CTV Sunday's at 8pm Atlantic, which is a great time slot!!
    ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Season finale tonight!!
    ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

and Red John is back!!!
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

I guess catching RJ is going to go on for at least another season...... I would certainly dread having to wait until a series finale for resolution on that case. I would have been very happy for the finale to have resolved RJ, although they are getting closer it seems. Glad they found the girl alive, and I am glad that Dumar was killed, I doubt that he would have told them anything before Red John managed to kill him as well.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

I get scared of Red John every time he comes up in this show....!

I haven't a clue who this guy is and how he's connected to Jane. Gotta check the closets and lock the doors!
    =^.^=
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I have to laugh because I can only catch this show on occasion and it seems like every time I have caught it in the last year/months it has been the show with the guy found dead in the secret room and the mistress and wife fighting over the daughter/inheritance.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3545290;
    I get scared of Red John every time he comes up in this show....!

I haven't a clue who this guy is and how he's connected to Jane. Gotta check the closets and lock the doors!
    =^.^=
    He killed Jane's wife and daughter, because he thought Jane was arrogant and deserved it. Jane was pretending to be a psychic and was very popular, he based all of his info of course on observation. I can't remember what he said now, but Jane made a statement on television once, and that's all it took for Red John to get his haunches up and target him and kill his family. Now they each want the other dead.

One of the best shows of past season (IMO) was the one were Jane was forced to work with a true psychic (thought he was constantly trying to disprove her) and at the very end of the case they worked on together, she came to him with a message from Jane's wife. The dead wife knew that Jane was tormented by the question of whether their daughter suffered fear of death before RJ killed her, the mother/wife wanted Jane to know that their daughter was asleep and was not afraid. The psychic left Jane to grieve for that moment, and for me as a viewer, watching him show his relief, and gain closure in that knowledge was very poignant. Beautifully portrayed moment.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

FORT Fanatic

I think Jane was on a talk show being interviewed in his capacity as a (fake) psychic, and he was asked about Red John, this serial killer who was in the news. Jane made a demeaning remark about Red John's character, or said something to the effect that he would eventually be caught because he was stupid, something directly attacking Red John . . . and then he went home and found the smiley face on the wall and his wife and daughter dead.

If it was a random act he would still want to "get" Red John because he killed his loved ones. But it's more than that -- he feels guilty because he publicly taunted the killer, resulting in the attacks.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3316170;
    I dropped my mouth when I saw Cho dressed like that - Wow! Funny how the clothes and attitude can make you open your eyes to such a fine looking man!
    I just saw that rerun...yowza, Cho!!! What a difference! I always thought he was cute, but that was something else!
    Felt sorry for the ex girlfriend of the scumbag, who just got used by Cho to lure the killer in.

+ Reply to Thread