+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Emmy Awards

Re: 2008 Emmy Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3202410;
    Bryan Cranston as best actor? Are you kidding me? I don't think I'm going to watch. No one I wanted to win has won. Michael C. Hall (and Jon Hamm, for that matter) was robbed.
    I fell asleep before Hall & Dexter's award nominations were announced, so I guess I didn't miss anything. (Except a glimpse of Michael C. Hall. ) I'm disappointed as well.

The Ricky Gervais/Steve Carell bit was priceless. I also loved Don Rickles & Kathy Griffin, particularly her yelling at the audience to get up for Rickles.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I was pretty disappointed in the show. Too much time was spent on silly banter, especially with the reality hosts. Why were there so many sexist jokes and takeoffs? The bit with Brooke Shields and Colin Ferguson was embarassing and Heidi Klum's "unveiling" was just over the top sexist. I actually enjoyed Josh Groban. Sad that he's being panned in many articles on the Internet. He's certainly a great singer and he seemed to lend credibility to an otherwise ludicrous show.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Without a doubt, Josh Groban was, at least for me anyway, the highlight of an otherwise tremendously lackluster show. It was nice to see Josh performing in non-serious manner for a change.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3202410;
    Bryan Cranston as best actor? Are you kidding me? I don't think I'm going to watch. No one I wanted to win has won. Michael C. Hall (and Jon Hamm, for that matter) was robbed.
    I would have been happy with Michael or Jon winning but am so happy that Bryan finally won an award. He's been doing this for years and always turns in great performances. I love him.

Highlights for me were: Tina Fey, Laura Linney, Macy's Commercial, Laugh-In for reminding me of good times, Groban (part of it was nostalgia at all those old shows I loved) and Ricky Gervais, I wish he had done more.

The show overall was either painfully unscripted (Hello Reality TV Hosts) or painfully scripted. You could tell the presenters who had to do their scripts were pretty disgusted and the ones who didn't get to do their bits were upset as well. Would have loved to see more of NPH and Kristen Cheowith!

Several of the awards went to shows I don't watch and actors I have never heard of. This apparently was the least watched Emmy show in history and they only have themselves to blame.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

It bugs how they were all rushed off the stage.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

For the first award of the night, I love Neil Patrick Harris and Rainn Wilson on their respective shows, but I think that Kevin Dillon should have won. I loved Jeremy Piven as Ari on Entourage, but he had already won 2 years in a row, and it was time to appreciate what an amazing job Dillon does on that show. I am always amused and impressed by his performance.

~ Ricky Gervais had me laughing so hard that tears were squirting out of my eyes. ~

Julia Louis Dreyfus' expressions were great during Tina Fey's acceptance speech.

Don Rickles' joke about his wife's jewelry signaling ships on the beach in Malibu was really good.

Thought Bryan Cranston was the right person to win his category. Anyone who hasn't seen Breaking Bad should start watching.

The reality show segment and Heidi's dress in the line up were great. Wonder who did that one, or did she have the same designer all night?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'm like others on here...I liked Josh Groban's medley!

Ricky Gervais was funny and Steve Carrell and his faces crack me up anyway

I wanted Michael Emerson (Ben from Lost) to win best supporting actor!

And I never did understand why Howie Mandel was nominated in the Reality hosts category??? Amazing Race wins all the time...why wasn't Phil nominated? Probst and his dimples were still quite adorable!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

i did not get to watch it. How was it??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by shopgirl06;3204187;
    i did not get to watch it. How was it??????????????
    No worries, you didn't miss much. Highlights for me:

-Jiffy winning the Emmy (I've had my complaints about him, but since he hosts my favorite show, I'm happy)
    -Josh Groban's medley of opening songs of popular shows
    -Don Rickles and Kathy Griffin going off-script
    -Tina Fey's domination

That's pretty much everything I remember.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast