+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Emmy Awards

Re: 2008 Emmy Awards

I thought the Josh Groban bit was hilarious. He totally had Cartman down.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3202425;
    I thought the Josh Groban bit was hilarious. He totally had Cartman down.
    I agree. I love Josh Groban, but he's usually so serious. It was really fun to see him do that silly medley.

As far as the 5 hosts go - I thought Tom Bergeron and Heidi Klum stole the show...they really did well. The other 3 were just kind of there.
    Love lives forever <3

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Ryan is always lame.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3202319;
    Macy's commercial is genius!

Using clips with their name. Awesome!
    I just finally saw the commercial. I agree: it's terrific! I hate Macy's and never shop there (their customer service sucks) but that's a very clever commercial.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I always try to pay attention to these award shows, but I got bored early on. But there were a couple of things I did enjoy. My highlight was Don Rickles and Kathy Griffin. I thought Kathy was going to go off-script, since you know, she's known to say whatever she wants. But no, it was Don. I thought they were funny together.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3202443;
    I always try to pay attention to these award shows, but I got bored early on. But there were a couple of things I did enjoy. My highlight was Don Rickles and Kathy Griffin. I thought Kathy was going to go off-script, since you know, she's known to say whatever she wants. But no, it was Don. I thought they were funny together.
    I enjoyed that part too. Kathy was clearly tickled to be there with him.

I could do with a lot more Betty White. I just adore her.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3202444;
    I enjoyed that part too. Kathy was clearly tickled to be there with him.

I could do with a lot more Betty White. I just adore her.
    Clearly. She was also very honored to be with him also. I loved it when she said, "STAND UP!" to the audience when she and Don entered the stage.

And I love Betty also! Such a sweet, lovable lady.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I also liked the second Macy's commercial that ran at least twice (the one about the woman making over herself in preparation to go "speed dating")...it wasn't so much the commercial itself that I liked, because it was pretty ordinary, but what made it stand out for me was the mention of Michael Kors when she went into the purse department ("Oooh, Michael Kors")....it was quick, and immediately shifted to the shoes department, but it was there.

I'd always wondered what it was that he designed since he's always introduced on PR as "top American designer" (or words to that effect).
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker;3202512;
    I also liked the second Macy's commercial that ran at least twice (the one about the woman making over herself in preparation to go "speed dating")...it wasn't so much the commercial itself that I liked, because it was pretty ordinary, but what made it stand out for me was the mention of Michael Kors when she went into the purse department ("Oooh, Michael Kors")....it was quick, and immediately shifted to the shoes department, but it was there.

I'd always wondered what it was that he designed since he's always introduced on PR as "top American designer" (or words to that effect).
    Michael Kors is best known for his beautiful dresses. They are classy, and made for every body shape. Very simple, feminine lines. The accessories are additional.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

I can't stand Kathy Griffin and thought that she looked ridiculous with all of that fake hair piled on her head.

No amount of plastic surgery has helped her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast