+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Emmy Awards

Re: 2008 Emmy Awards

The show hasn't started on the west coast yet, but I'm checking on the winners list on E! No one I was rooting for has won yet. I love Jeremy Piven, but this was Neil Patrick Harris' Emmy. I love Jean Smart as well, but I really wanted to see Amy Poehler win.

I've got the red carpet show on E! muted now because it's so asinine. Who ARE these people who are interviewing the celebrities? Did anyone check to see if they could actually interview someone before they got hired? It reminds me of "The Chris Farley Show" on SNL: "Remember when you did that thing? Yeah, that was really cool."

I'll probably watch the show anyway, but I'll be really upset if either Michael C. Hall or Jon Hamm OR Dexter or Mad Men don't win. I'm really rooting for Dexter and Michael, but I won't be upset if Mad Men and Jon win. I love both shows, but I just think Dexter is just a tiny bit better. Michael C. Hall blew away the competition this year: his performance, for me, was far and away the best this year. On a side note, Jennifer Carpenter (Deb on Dexter) just hit the red carpet and she looks fab!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I never knew Josh Groban was such a criminal against all that is decent and tasteful.

Aw hell. Actually I did. This just confirms it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

This is probably the only time I will ever type this, but Josh Grobin is probably going to be the best thing about this show.

LOL, Krom, sometimes we are polar opposites.

Yea! Laura Linney!!!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I didn't pick Dianne, Zeljko, or Jean to win.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3202336;
    I never knew Josh Groban was such a criminal against all that is decent and tasteful.

Aw hell. Actually I did. This just confirms it.
    I agree...it was hideous. And I like Josh Groban.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

I seriously wish that they'd mute the applause during the "In Memory" clips.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Bryan Cranston as best actor? Are you kidding me? I don't think I'm going to watch. No one I wanted to win has won. Michael C. Hall (and Jon Hamm, for that matter) was robbed.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Yay for 30 Rock & Mad Men! And I can't ever see enough of Betty White.

I agree with Bryan Cranston winning. For some reason, i always listen to what Tom O'neil predicts will happen at the emmy's. Over on his site, Goldderby, he changed his prediction from James Spader to Bryan. Here's his explanation.

Frame for frame, moment for moment, Cranston delivers the most intense, theatrical performance of all contenders as a science teacher who wigs out and becomes a crystal meth chef upon hearing the news that he's dying of cancer. The episode has a huge "ick" factor. Watching this good father, husband and teacher team up with drug dealers who will sell their poison to innocents is cringe-inducing, especially since he does it sweating, scowling and romping around in his underpants in the desert. But he does it to whip up a quick fortune to leave his family before he croaks, so his motive isn't selfish.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Man, I freaking love Ricky Gervais. "I could do anything, this is live." They should have him host this show.

ETA: Wow, Tommy Smothers looks great! Nice to see he's still speaking his mind
    Last edited by Critical; 09-21-2008 at 11:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast