+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Privileged

Privileged

Did anyoneone happen to catch the premier last night? I was pleasantly surprised. There were some laugh out loud lines, a nice ensemble cast, and it seems like it has potential for some good story. I really enjoyed it
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Re: Privileged

I watched it and enjoyed it a lot! I never paid attention to the commercials for it but caught the "extended" preview during 90210 and thought I'd give it a try. So far, I like Megan and her 'quirkiness'.
    "Shout out to Uncle Ben... Spiderman's uncle, not my uncle"

I thought it was cute. I definitely have to tape these one hour shows though so that I can speed through the commercials when I watch.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I love Joanna Garcia.. so I watched... now i want to read the book.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

It's a surprisingly good show.

Then again, maybe not. They advertise it like its going to be like the awful 90210 and Gossip Girl, but its apparently being written and produced by one of the better Gilmore Girls and Everwood writers. If they'd been advertising it that way instead of like it was going to be "The Hills meets Gossip Girl" then maybe the expectations wouldn't have been so low.

I absolutely loathed the yuck-yuck level of the laughs on "Reba" the few times I've seen it, but Joanna Garcia seems like she must have been far too talented for that show. She's taken a role on this show which could have been totally Mary-Sueish and irritating and thanks to both good writing and a barrel full of charm has hit a home run with it, I think.
    Last edited by Krom; 09-19-2008 at 07:31 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3201697;
    I absolutely loathed the yuck-yuck level of the laughs on "Reba" the few times I've seen it, but Joanna Garcia seems like she must have been far too talented for that show. She's taken a role on this show which could have been totally Mary-Sueish and irritating and thanks to both good writing and a barrel full of charm has hit a home run with it, I think.
    Was she the older daughter, Cheyenne? I knew she looked familiar but the hair color must have thrown me off. I didn't watch too much of Reba but remember the characters. She's much more likable in this new role.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Regular

I was pleasantly surprised by this show. Didn't have high expectations due to the adverts, but the show is shaping up to be something special. Let's hope it gets more and better advertising to draw people in.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3201725;
    Was she the older daughter, Cheyenne? I knew she looked familiar but the hair color must have thrown me off. I didn't watch too much of Reba but remember the characters. She's much more likable in this new role.
    Yes Joanna was Cheyenne.. and was Blonde on there. I liked her there as well, but I like seeing her as more of the star like here.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

This is a great show that, in my opinion, is going to waste over at The CW. It's very underrated and deserves more viewers.

The writing is fresh and witty and I get a big Gilmore Girls-esque vibe from the show in general. I really hope The Cw make more of an effort to pull in viewers as I can see this getting cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbuncle;3217251;
    This is a great show that, in my opinion, is going to waste over at The CW. It's very underrated and deserves more viewers.

The writing is fresh and witty and I get a big Gilmore Girls-esque vibe from the show in general. I really hope The Cw make more of an effort to pull in viewers as I can see this getting cancelled.

Carbuncle I definitely agree with you! There is an excellent cast of side characters with Lily and Charlie and Marco (he is too funny!) and Will and the current boyfriend whose name I can't remember...There's a good balance of story so it isn't all Rose and Sage. The writing is good and I too hope they give this a chance to catch on.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast