+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fringe on FOX

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Fringe on FOX

At the end when "Pacey" (sorry, still forget his name on this show) showed up at Olivia's door with a drunken grin on his face I thought maybe we were finally going to get started on the romance side of the show (despite Olivia's not quite dead ex)...or is the sister going to try to weasel in? Anyway, no luck. But it might humanize Olivia. She really is SO deadpan most of the time; I'm sure that must be part of the role as she loosens up with her "niece" and even sister, so I guess she's doing a good job, but I wish they'd write her to show a bit more of the lighthearted side increasingly now.

Anna Torv (Olivia) and Mark Valley (Agent John Scott) got married very quietly over the holidays. Rumor has it that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    [he's leaving the series, so they felt comfortable about announcing it now

Fringe Stars Anna Torv and Mark Valley Marry - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3299081;
    On the Fringe front, I'm still not feeling Olivia. But there are moments where she is starting to grow on me.
    I actually like her. Something about her demeanor gives the show the feel of a '70s European thriller - The American Friend, perhaps.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3303484;
    I actually like her. Something about her demeanor gives the show the feel of a '70s European thriller - The American Friend, perhaps.
    You mean her frozen face?

Interesting that they are getting married. FLorimel, do you know if they met on the show?

Am I the only one who just didn't really feel the episode last night? Not one of the best episodes they've done.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

It was okay.. I liked it because it showed Peter in more of a take charge protective role. I love me some Josh Jackson!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3303879;
    Interesting that they are getting married. FLorimel, do you know if they met on the show?
    Honestly, I haven't seen anything about that, but I suspect that they did meet on the show. If not, I think we would have heard something by now stating they knew each other before. Just a guess, though.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

interesting episode last nite

did anyone even think about the observer till the end when he showed up

that lil boy looked like his son

I wonder if they are alien? Also the scientist (wish I could remember names) said the boy was probably older than he looked, so he could also be an adult. The gov't guy posing as a social worker sure wanted to get his hands on the boy...he said, "we've got one," like they already know about them, but don't have one in the lab yet. Because the gov't guy is a known character actor and the last scene featured a connection between the boy and the man, I think this will be an ongoing story line. It sure looks interesting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3409455;
    he said, "we've got one," like they already know about them,
    what he said was "it looks like we've got another one" so it is something that they are aware of but not willing to share. IMO it's just crazy how the different branches of law enforcement are such territorial, secretive, seperate entities - it seems counter-productive.

I like that Olivia likes kids, the stereotypical agent shown on tv is usually hardended and views children as a piriah. Aussiello wrote that things are about to get very interesting for Olivia - I can't wait.
    I've never seen another JJ Abrahms show so this one is a pleasant surprise.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread