+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fringe on FOX

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Fringe on FOX

I really want to like this show but it just doesn't keep my attention. I'm on the computer and the tv becomes background "noise" for lack of a better word. A few times I'll start concentrating on it but just as quickly I get rather bored. I love LOST and really want to like this show. The sci-fi aspect isn't doing it for me. I do like the relationship between the scientist and his son... when the son was singing "Row, row, row your boat" that just touched me.

I'll continue to watch but I'm just not feeling it so far.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I find that the lead actress doesn't hold my attention as much as the other characters. I even like the "assistant" more.

I must say that I did enjoy this week's show. It was a very cool storyline and I found myself laughing out loud at the humour which is something I don't do very often when watching TV. John Noble is great, I like his son's sarcasm and I like the assistant. I agree with Canadian_angel though that Olivia doesn't quite hold my attention like the others.

I had been debating on this show as a keeper or not while I had time before my 'real' shows came on. This last week when Olivia was in the morgue with the female agent's partner and woodenly said 'I know...what it is like .... to lose someone you work ...closely with' while staring at absolutely nothing, I got up and said I was out. I think I would have liked it more if she wasn't so, I don't know, I just can't connect with her and that makes it hard to get into the rest of the show.
    Wag more, bark less

did anyone watch last tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by shopgirl06;3206190;
    did anyone watch last tuesday?
    Yes, I did and will continue to watch.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3206187;
    I had been debating on this show as a keeper or not while I had time before my 'real' shows came on. This last week when Olivia was in the morgue with the female agent's partner and woodenly said 'I know...what it is like .... to lose someone you work ...closely with' while staring at absolutely nothing, I got up and said I was out. I think I would have liked it more if she wasn't so, I don't know, I just can't connect with her and that makes it hard to get into the rest of the show.
    She reminds me a lot of the "terminator" on Sarah Connor Chronicles. Only she isn't a robot... at least I don't think she's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3206318;
    She reminds me a lot of the "terminator" on Sarah Connor Chronicles. Only she isn't a robot... at least I don't think she's supposed to be.

This show has grown on me. I had all 3 episodes recorded and watched them for the first time back-to-back and they are getting better. JJ Abrams has created a pretty good blend of characters (despite her acting) and the subplots are peaking an interest filled with his (mostly) unpredictable twists, turns, and teasers.

The bad guy previewed in the next episode (the bald one) can actually be seen in the previous episode. When Olivia walks through the train looking for the agent, she walks past this new bad guy standing in the train, and he is watching her. You have to slow motion through the scene to catch it. He is also in the second episode with a cameo in the hospital for a brief moment. Seems like he is going to be a primary character in the show.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Oh wow, I didn't catch that at all muggle! Thank you for those tidbits.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

You have noticed that the hand they show during commerical breaks has 5 fingers and a thumb, haven't you??? And inside the apple, what looks like seeds are actually babies?!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread