+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fringe on FOX

Re: Fringe on FOX

As I suspected, i cried like a baby. I'm a satisfied fan, but still sad to see it end.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

What a finish. Peter & Walter had such a poignant talk when Peter played the videotape and I was really hoping Walter wouldn't have to leave when September volunteered. It was nice to see the future as it should have been. Will be sad to see the show go.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Walter had to go anyway. I am going to miss this show.

I watched the finale. Too bad I never followed the show.

Can someone help me? In that scene near the end, where the guy who used to play Pacy, picked up his child and walked away, was the mother who was sitting next to him really there or not? Was she there is his mind or in some mystical way? Wasn't she killed in that shootout in a previous scene?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I watched the finale. Too bad I never followed the show.

Can someone help me? In that scene near the end, where the guy who used to play Pacy, picked up his child and walked away, was the mother who was sitting next to him really there or not? Was she there is his mind or in some mystical way? Wasn't she killed in that shootout in a previous scene?
    That's the mom, Olivia, and yes she survived. Time was reset to that moment in the park, so they get their daughter back who died in the future. They can now all live out their lives as intact happy family unit
    Debb70 likes this.

I watched the final five shows marathon style today. In the finale, I had anxiety the first hour and tears in the second. It also made me think back on the whole arc of the show (especially in the first hour) and realize how perfectly the storyline grew with the characters.

I remember a DWTS episode just before the premiere when these strange men in black with hats were seated in the audience and no explanation was given. I remember, in a very early episode, the first sighting of the "boy" as he walked down the street with the Observer who became known as September. And I remember the flash of light as Etta was running into Peter's arms and she was gone. Now I have a completed memory where Etta connects with those arms and the world takes a different path.

I found the series at Netflix, but it is only on disc, not streaming. It will be good to see the beginning again.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I've watched the show from the very first episode to the finale, since it first aired on Fox. I am really going to miss the show. It was a great ending and it tied up the show very well. I love the end where Peter mouthed "I love you Dad". That was the first time he'd referred to Walter like that, so it was very fitting. I am glad they got a second chance at a life with Etta. One of the better series finales I've seen.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I have the DVDs for the first season and just started watching the pilot episode. After the creepy event, it opens with Olivia having a loving tryst with actor Mark Valley - he of the chiseled face and numerous current appearances on other shows. I want to stop at the opening with the light-hearted loving Olivia, but I must press on.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I have the DVDs for the first season and just started watching the pilot episode. After the creepy event, it opens with Olivia having a loving tryst with actor Mark Valley - he of the chiseled face and numerous current appearances on other shows. I want to stop at the opening with the light-hearted loving Olivia, but I must press on.
    Well, and wasn't she married to Mark Valley for a few years?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Well, and wasn't she married to Mark Valley for a few years?
    I thought they got married and divorced all within the first 2 seasons of the show. :p I think they were together before the show started (or maybe met on set), got married while S1 was airing, his character died off and he went on to do Human Target, then they divorced.

I like the first couple seasons because the characters are still feeling each other out and haven't become comfortable trusting each other yet.

I do have a question for anyone who saw all the episodes. I missed several of last season due to too many shows being in the 9pm Friday slot. In the finale, when Olivia went to the other universe and enlisted the help of Fauxlivia to get the boy back, she learns that Fauxlivia and Lincoln are a happy couple with a child. She says to Lincoln that he deserves his happiness. So my question is, is that Lincoln the original Lincoln from the alternate universe or did the Lincoln from Olivia's universe go over there and take the place of alt-Lincoln?
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread