+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fringe on FOX

Re: Fringe on FOX

Not happy about this current change of events. However, I loved the reunion with Broyles.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I agree. I am a bit surprised that they killed off Emma so quickly. I don't really see how she could ever come back either, as the building was pretty much annihilated. Seeing Broyles again was a nice treat. Really enjoying this season, too bad it's the last one.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I missed the Broyles episode, but what has Peter done to himself in his zeal? Nothing good can come from trying to be in the mind of an Observer.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

So lets break down what we have just learned -
    1) The observers have the tech to open a wormhole across space-time
    2) The observers have some kind of tech implant (a la Borg) to help them function at a higher level and use their advanced tech. Also may include superior strength (as noted in the previews for next week)
    3) Peter now has this implant. Peter already has a higher IQ than most humans (180-ish I think was revealed in S1).

Summation of finale: Peter will use this to destroy the observers but also pay the ultimate sacrifice by opening a wormhole to go back in time to save Emma. His sacrifice will be okay because the implant will be killing him anyway or he wouldn't be able to remove it without dying.

On a side note: I can't imagine how horrible it would be to try to deal with your grief and see photos of your deceased child everywhere as the image of the resistance. Olivia was breaking my heart this week.
    Arielflies likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

I agree about the Olivia summation. She was breaking my heart as well.

Peter! I can only begin to imagine what that implant is going to do with him. I keep hoping that somehow Etta is still alive (maybe the Observer's pulled her out of the building before it was destroyed). With everything these characters have gone through, I sure would like to see them all standing together at the of the series. Especially Peter, Olivia and Etta.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

The only thing I can imagine about Etta being alive is if they are able to reverse all that the Observers did and are able to return to their own time and raise Etta together. I love happy endings and that would be a great choice for me, but I have my doubts as to whether they'll do it that way.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Next week is the two-hour series finale. This week's episode was a great setup, and I'm anticipating quite a finish. I'll miss this show very much, but I appreciate the five years it's been on.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Well my predictions aren't going too well! I can't believe the child observer gave himself up. To what end? And will Walter really need to sacrifice himself? Woudl it matter? If they reset time, then he would still be there. As would Etta, like Peter said. It was enjoyable seeing Donald/September as human and also intriguing to get the glimpse of the future and how Observer's procreate. I'd be curious to hear why there aren't any female Observers. did they totally eradicate the female part of the species?

I too, felt quite sad and somewhat nostalgic when thinking that next week's show is the end. I will miss this band of haphazard misfits.

PS - I wonder if we'll see any more of Broyles? They set him up as The Dove but we never heard more thatn that?
    Women are Angels.

Tonight is the Series Finale!!!!
    Women are Angels.

Yes, and from what Joshua Jackson said,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the first hour will be devoted to Olivia's journey through the show. The second hour will wrap up everyone's story.
    I don't really think that's a spoiler, but just in case.

He also said that he thinks the show might continue in some venue at some point in the future; i.e., mavbe movie, maybe online. He didn't state it as a certainty, but it was good to hear as a possibility.

+ Reply to Thread