+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fringe on FOX

Re: Fringe on FOX

I'm definitely planning to rewatch it to pick up what I may have missed. It's not Lost, but nothing ever will be.

It's filled with Abram's usual themes of father issues, corporate and government bad behavior, and delving into the possiblities of what we con't know. Since I agree with his point of view and since I find exploring normal and paranormal possibilities, I think it will be one of my limited must watch shows -- certainly more so than the drivel Grey's has become for me.

I did recognize John Noble, whose sons in LOTR, most certainly had father issues. He's an excellent actor and I think he will contribute a lot to Fringe.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3194019;
    And for those who are LOST fans, like me, the black guy who wanted Olivia to take some other job played Matthew Abbadon in the last 3 episodes of Season 4
    I THOUGHT he looked familiar...lol...I had a hard time following this one but I will give it another look at...but it almost seems like a cross between X-files and LOST...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Okay, I admit it... I'm a Mark Valley freak. And the ending to this pilot REALLY spun me for a loop. Looking forward to future epis. DH is pretty psyched, because I don't usually dig sci-fi, but this one might catch me up in the story line. Finally, something we can watch together.

I loved this show. It's pretty different from the shows I normally watch. I never watched X-Files, but it has that vibe to it. I hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of all the new shows. I'll be watching again for sure.

Who is John Galt?

I LOVED IT!! Of course, I am a sci-fi fan and think JJ Abrams is great. He didn't disappoint me at all. However, I liked the chemistry between Mark Valley and the lead girl and it was too bad they made him a bad guy in the end. Joshua Jackson has never done anything for me and I could never see why anyone would make him a leading man (he is just not that good looking or sexy), but he did a good job in this show and he is showing a maturity and a little big of leading man potential now.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3195931;
    However, I liked the chemistry between Mark Valley and the lead girl and it was too bad they made him a bad guy in the end.
    I'm not convinced that he's a bad guy, yet. I thought so, at first blush.

Mrs. Hein: He tried to kill her!
    Mr. Hein: He only tried to run her off the road.
    Mrs. Hein: Isn't that pretty aggressive?
    Mr. Hein: He only tried to run her off the road, not run her into a bridge abutment... be patient...

Which, of course, I can't.

Mr. Hein is usually right, however. I think there's more to this Mark Valley character than we've seen, so far...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I've only watched the first few minutes of the tape so far... enough to see Mark in a coma and all disfigured... And was thinking, wow, he went from handsome leading man type in Boston Legal to lying in a coma covered with burns...was this a good career move? Glad to know he's out of it later!

I was really disappointed in Fringe, especially after all the hype and build-up. I found it poorly written, directed, and acted. This show made up of a laundry list of weakly disguised clichés put me to sleep, frankly.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I had recorded this on my PVR and attempted to watch it this weekend. I fell asleep 45 minutes in so I decided to delete it and not watch the rest. I wasn't impressed with what I had seen up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3197872;
    I was really disappointed in Fringe, especially after all the hype and build-up. I found it poorly written, directed, and acted. This show made up of a laundry list of weakly disguised clich&#233;s put me to sleep, frankly.
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;3197905;
    I had recorded this on my PVR and attempted to watch it this weekend. I fell asleep 45 minutes in so I decided to delete it and not watch the rest. I wasn't impressed with what I had seen up to that point.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who fell asleep! I did go back and re-watch and found it a little better but I don't think it's something I'd watch regularly.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread