+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fringe on FOX

Re: Fringe on FOX

I love this show. I like seeing into the other universe, but I miss the "real" Walter and Peter.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ok, so thoughts on why Walternate wants to destroy the other universe? I thought it was revenge for losing his son. But then he wants to use his son - and continues to work on the plan even if it sacrifices his son. So, what gives?

Looks like next week will be good - I just want to see Peter figure it out, since I think he is actually starting to.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;4103957;
    Ok, so thoughts on why Walternate wants to destroy the other universe? I thought it was revenge for losing his son. But then he wants to use his son - and continues to work on the plan even if it sacrifices his son. So, what gives?

Looks like next week will be good - I just want to see Peter figure it out, since I think he is actually starting to.
    My impression is that with the ability out there to cross over, for some reason only one universe can survive. That's only am impression, however, since things can change radically, and I expect they will. It seems clear that Fauxlivia thinks she doing only what she must to save her own universe, but that she occasionally feels bad about it.

I think Peter will continue to observe things that make him uncertain about this Olivia, but I don't think we'll see concrete conclusions until the end of the season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4104118;
    I think Peter will continue to observe things that make him uncertain about this Olivia, but I don't think we'll see concrete conclusions until the end of the season.
    I agree. Or at least until/if there's a fall finale type situation. I actually think someone else might figure it out first.

I'm not totally in like with the Olivia/Fauxlivia plot either but I do like the new side of Peter it's bringing out in both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4105093;
    I agree. Or at least until/if there's a fall finale type situation. I actually think someone else might figure it out first.

I'm not totally in like with the Olivia/Fauxlivia plot either but I do like the new side of Peter it's bringing out in both worlds.
    I agree, and wonder if they're going to play it into some type of triangle. Sort of like the shapeshifter that actually developed feelings for the family he was with, I wonder if Fauxlivia will eventually develop real feelings for Peter which will cause her to question what she is doing. And talk about messing with Peter! First he finds out he is not from this world and now he is going to have to deal with building a relationship with the wrong woman!!??

another good episode, well written

how O/Faux says--does something that gives a little clue to the other person that something just isn't quite right

great cliffhanger type ending (gotta wait 2 weeks to see what Walternate does to O)

i think it's gonna be Broyles that is gonna save O from Walternate

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;4109301;
    another good episode, well written

how O/Faux says--does something that gives a little clue to the other person that something just isn't quite right

great cliffhanger type ending (gotta wait 2 weeks to see what Walternate does to O)

i think it's gonna be Broyles that is gonna save O from Walternate
    Yes, but could be worse - this could be a fall finale and we have to wait until January!!

I was surprised - I really was starting to believe the previews were mis-leading and it was going to take Peter all season to realize Fauxlivia wasn't Olivia. They are calling next week the finale of her journey home - so it seems like she is going to get back next week. But it can't be that simple - so my guess is something like Peter somehow switches with her to save her? I don't know - I just know it isn't as simple as her coming home and them going back to the way they were last season! Something else has to happen with her coming back.

I just read that Fringe will be moving to Friday nights at 9 pm Eastern starting January 28.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4109862;
    I just read that Fringe will be moving to Friday nights at 9 pm Eastern starting January 28.
    I saw that too when FOX unveiled their Winter Lineup. Why do they do this to shows?! And really is it necessary to move American Idol to Wed/Thurs?! Are they that desperate to "own" Thursday night that they'll sacrifice quality?

yall still watching

another excellent eps

shame if they kill the show off

+ Reply to Thread