+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fringe on FOX

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Fringe on FOX

Well, I have to agree that I agree with Peter-- I like Olivia as a redhead with bangs better than as a blonde with her hair pulled straight back all the time. The blonde style gives her a kind of a death's head look.

I also have to say I saw the "switch" of Olivias coming....although not sure how "Altivia" managed to use the grenade that knocked everyone out and allowed the switch. I thought Olivia had those. Maybe I blinked.

If that was Nimoy's last ever acting scene you have to say he went out with a bang!

I agree about Olivia's hair, especially the style. She has a fairly high forehead and the bangs gave her a much softer look.

I will miss Leonary Nimoy whom I always thought was underrated as an actor.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I don't understand how the gateway worked though. I know Bell said that he would be the "doorstop" to keep the gateway open, but I thought it was Olivia's gift to initially open it. How did the gateway open if Altlivia was there and not Olivia? Did I miss something?

On another note, I like that Altlivia is so much happier. She's seems evil, but happier

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;3911257;
    I don't understand how the gateway worked though. I know Bell said that he would be the "doorstop" to keep the gateway open, but I thought it was Olivia's gift to initially open it. How did the gateway open if Altlivia was there and not Olivia? Did I miss something?

On another note, I like that Altlivia is so much happier. She's seems evil, but happier
    Fauxlivia, didn't power it so it didn't matter

Bell said some mumbo jumbo about his "atoms"... so essentially his body was the power source and dissentigrated into nothingness (died, done. wroteoff... exit acting career)

I love Fringe too! I came here 2 weeks ago to see if anyone was talking & they weren't so I figured no one wanted too.
    The last 3 episodes were great! I loved the Martha Plimpton one, it had such an X-files vibe.
    I guess we know what season 3 is going to focus on! I wonder how long it will take everyone to figure out Olivia isn't Olivia.
    This is totally going to be my go-to show next season, since Lost is gone & that was the only show I'd watch live. There was such much on Thurs. that I'd always wait to watch fringe, but since they are moving Survivor to Wed, I'm all clear for Fringe.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3911609;
    I love Fringe too! I came here 2 weeks ago to see if anyone was talking & they weren't so I figured no one wanted too.
    The last 3 episodes were great! I loved the Martha Plimpton one, it had such an X-files vibe.
    I guess we know what season 3 is going to focus on! I wonder how long it will take everyone to figure out Olivia isn't Olivia.
    This is totally going to be my go-to show next season, since Lost is gone & that was the only show I'd watch live. There was such much on Thurs. that I'd always wait to watch fringe, but since they are moving Survivor to Wed, I'm all clear for Fringe.
    My guess is that Elle (her niece) will be the one who first notices something wrong, with Astrid next.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, given that Olivia and Peter had their big breakthrough kiss just before they crossed over I HOPE Peter can tell the difference! Altlivia/Fauxlivia will have no idea where that relationship is....yes, she suspected something was going on, but she won't know whether it has been consumated or not....and how likely is it that it's at the first kiss stage? Would take a wild guess on her part to guess that.

Amy Madigan has been cast as Olivia's mother. She's scheduled to appear in 4 episodes, the first one being the season 3 premiere. I'm a fan of Amy Madigan's work, so I like this casting choice.

Fringe Casts Amy Madigan as Olivia's Mother - omg! news on Yahoo!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I haven't been in here in a while but after seeing the list of Emmy nominations, I have to say that it is an absolute crime that John Noble was not nominated. He is so phenomenal and has brought so many layers and nuances to the Walter character. And then to turn around and create the Walternate character who is different yet sort of the same - just perfection. I can't get past him being overlooked in favor of the same ol same ol you always see.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3969925;
    I haven't been in here in a while but after seeing the list of Emmy nominations, I have to say that it is an absolute crime that John Noble was not nominated. He is so phenomenal and has brought so many layers and nuances to the Walter character. And then to turn around and create the Walternate character who is different yet sort of the same - just perfection. I can't get past him being overlooked in favor of the same ol same ol you always see.
    I completely agree. It's just another example of the ongoing disdain that the entertainment moguls feel for science fiction. I no longer care if I watch the awards shows because so many deserving talents are overlooked for the same old/same old you mention.

+ Reply to Thread