+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fringe on FOX

Re: Fringe on FOX

Quote Originally Posted by gant77;3711393;
    There is a Fringe fan Wikipedia type site, that has the glyphs all decoded. they even have a print out chart.
    Thanks, gant77; I'll check it out. I've been an avid puzzle solver all my life, so I do tend to get into stuff like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Another solid episode. My only complaint was there wasn't enough Walter. Also, does anyone else think there's something up with Charlie (other than being a bad guy). He almost looked, pained/uncomfortable, etc when he was contacting the guy behind the mirror in the typewriter room. Or was that just me?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3712627;
    Another solid episode. My only complaint was there wasn't enough Walter. Also, does anyone else think there's something up with Charlie (other than being a bad guy). He almost looked, pained/uncomfortable, etc when he was contacting the guy behind the mirror in the typewriter room. Or was that just me?
    Maybe it's an attempt to make Charlie seem more "alien" now that he's one of "them?"

Gotta tell ya, having grown up typing on those old IBM Selectrics, and the big round mirror like an old-fashioned computer monitor, it creeps me out watching the typing sequences...

Tonight's episode was soooo good! I loved the look on Olivia's face when she realized she was walking without the cane. It's going to be so interesting to see how Sam "fixes" her.

There just needs to be more Walter/Peter/Astrid in every single episode! There can never be enough!

In all seriousness, there truly wasn't enough of Walter. But I love this show...except for the fact that I have to PVR it because I can't watch it at night. I live alone and it gives me the willies

Another military project gone awry. At least it wasn't aliens (which is how it looked in the beginning) but I think they are coming. I think Olivia's therapy is coming along just fine. The correct emotion was evoked to let her see she could live without her crutch (cane.) Her brain synapses are starting to work and she will remember (previews show that starting to happen next episode.) It also said the shape shifters come back into the picture. I hope they are destroyed before Olivia can lay out what she saw in the parallel universe.

There will be aliens...they showed a flash of albino boy...lest they be forgotten.

We just finished rewatching the first season on DVD. My son, who did not watch the program originally, but now really likes it, came up with a theory that I completely discounted at first. On further consideration, he has me wondering.

He thinks that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Walter Bishop and William Bell are the same person. Their initials are the same and we knw the J.J. likes to play with names, the characters appear to be the same age, and did the same work. Using different actors could be reasonably explained and they are not extremely different in appearance. That could be one of the things that Walter does not remember. Perhaps their early experiments caused a dissociative incident in Walter and William was developed to carry on where Walter couldn't.

Just thought I'd put it out there for pondering. If someone else posed this possibilty here earlier and I missed it, my apologies.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3717113;
    We just finished rewatching the first season on DVD. My son, who did not watch the program originally, but now really likes it, came up with a theory that I completely discounted at first. On further consideration, he has me wondering.

He thinks that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Walter Bishop and William Bell are the same person. Their initials are the same and we knw the J.J. likes to play with names, the characters appear to be the same age, and did the same work. Using different actors could be reasonably explained and they are not extremely different in appearance. That could be one of the things that Walter does not remember. Perhaps their early experiments caused a dissociative incident in Walter and William was developed to carry on where Walter couldn't.

Just thought I'd put it out there for pondering. If someone else posed this possibilty here earlier and I missed it, my apologies.
    Very interesting idea! Creative kid you've got there! And as long as he doesn't have an in with the script writers but is just theorizing you don't have to "spoil" it---a show like this, or LOST, gets a lot of theories suggested. As long as we are just guessing we aren't doing anything illegal to just put it out there!
    So, to test the theory, are there any people around who've seen them both at once?

Much like Walter grabbed his other reality son back into this reality to replace his dead boy, William Bell could have seen his imminent demise in this reality, fled to the other and killed his alter self there and replaced him. That is how he knew Olivia had "crossed over" and why he needed to meet with her and why she is now being chased and targeted in this reality. A Theory. I think we will find out more this coming week when her memory starts to return.

this upcoming episode should resume i believe to the W Bell meeting (then we'll get back to filler )

regarding the last episode, i was kinda confused because i thought the Observer was supposed to be on the "good" side (hasn't he been trying to help Walter)

the Colonel that was running the human-bomb campaign mentioned something about the briefcases were data-gathering, so he essentially was destroying the info before it got to the people on the "bad" side; yet they showed the Observer receiving one of those briefcases

he knew about the pending war

+ Reply to Thread