+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fringe on FOX

Re: Fringe on FOX

I think i love this premiere. Though I hope that the new agent isn't here for long. I was surprised that Olivia could not remember who she met even though she remembers everything else. She was jonesing over Bell, but doesn't remember that?

i felt the premiere was a bit weak

but i am not surprised because they are doing the out-of-sequence episode thing

the next episode will probably go back to the William Bell story where we left off and let us know how we got to that point last nite

i guess the new agent is just a redshirt; that or they have decided to partner up Olivia.. she already has partners Peter, Walter, Charlie

@ Charlie... i seen it coming (very Heroesish...)

FORT Regular

I loved the nod to The X-Files in the beginning of the show, playing on TV.

I liked the premiere and am eagerly looking forward to the story developments and seeing more of William Bell. Lance Reddick is just wonderful, as he is in Lost. I find fringe science a fascinating subject since I believe there is so much more to learn than. Even Einstein was aware that there was much he hadn't discovered.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3705324;
    @ Charlie... i seen it coming (very Heroesish...)
    I never watched Heroes, so I have to say that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    my jaw dropped at the end when Bad-Charlie dumped Good-Charlie into the incinerator.

It was an okay season premiere. There were some really strong parts, some weak parts, and some parts that seemed disjointed. However, I love Walter and Peter and Astrid!

The whole Charlie-body snatcher thing was very predictable, but I'll still watch every single episode!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3706378;
    It was an okay season premiere. There were some really strong parts, some weak parts, and some parts that seemed disjointed. However, I love Walter and Peter and Astrid!

The whole Charlie-body snatcher thing was very predictable, but I'll still watch every single episode!
    I agree the Charlie thing was predictable. I kept waiting for that reveal. Didn't care, I love the show anyway.

Also agree with your choice of favorite characters and would add Lance Reddick as Broyles. John Noble plays off-kilter so well. Who was nuttier than Denethor in LOTR?

I'm also eager to see more of another favorite, Leonard Nimoy.

This is one of several shows I usually record even if I am watching it so I can burn it and rewatch at will.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Has anyone solved the 'Fringe Code' yet? I know, from what the producers said on the DVD, that it is an alphabetic substitution cipher based on the images and position of the yellow lights, but I haven't come up with a handle on the key. In other words, each image based on the picture, its orientation (regular or reversed) and the position of the yellow dot combine to indicate one letter. Put them together in each episode and it comes up with a word that says something about that epsidoe.

For anyone who might not know what I'm referring to -- at the end of each scene, before commerical, an image appears with a yellow light flashing somewhere in it. So far I've seen a hand, an apple, a butterfly, a seahorse, a frog, a face concealed in smoke, a leaf, a daisy, and a hand. I think that's all, but I might have missed something.

That's not the only game embedded into Fringe, much like Lost and its games, but it's the most baffling one for me. I guess I'll start exploring the net for answers.

There is a Fringe fan Wikipedia type site, that has the glyphs all decoded. they even have a print out chart.

I'm a casual viewer who loves the show and wondered at the images placed before commercial breaks. Thanks for the information, but I'm not fascinated enough to follow up. I really like the new agent and I hope once Olivia's partner has his breakdown or she kills him, that they partner up...she is much more open to the impossible than Charlie was.

+ Reply to Thread