+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 90210 - Tuesdays @ 8pm on CW

90210 - Tuesdays @ 8pm on CW

I can't believe the original ran for 10 years!

I think I'm going to give the premiere a try and see if I like it. Anyone else watching?

Re: 90210 - Tuesdays @ 8pm on CW

Probably not. I enjoyed, but didn't love the original series. I'll watch for reviews and it if seems promising, I'll most likely rent the DVD set at the end of the season. That's assuming it lasts a full season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Hmmm... not too sure how I felt about the premiere. The show wasn't outstanding - it had some cute moments but I don't think I can take a full season. oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;3187188;
    Hmmm... not too sure how I felt about the premiere. The show wasn't outstanding - it had some cute moments but I don't think I can take a full season. oh well....
    I agree. As a fan of the old show I dont know if I'll watch this one every week. I think it's great that they hold on to some of the memories of the old shows and would like to see Brandon and Dylan or Steve come back.
    Thought they went over the line on some of the sex stuff. Id like to see what the ratings were. I watched only because of the old show. This is the first time I actually watched a show on the CW .

Well I loved it and set up my DVR to record the whole series. Pleasantly surprised that I found it as enjoyable as the original series, which I was addicted to.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I loved it too Jluvs My DVR is also set.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I DVRed it last night and got the chance to watch it tonight. I'm hooked already. I loved it. I felt so terrible at the end when Ethan showed up with the "Pentapus" and she was on the step with Ty. I hope this is going to be my new "Dawson's Creek".
    Wake up and be awesome

I watched most of it last night and liked most of the characters... all except for that one black haired girl (don't know the names of most yet... but the girl with the headphones on in class.. the lead in the play). Bad actress, unappealing character.

Annie was adorable. I have always me some Rob Estes since Silk Stalkings days. I would watch it for him alone, but thank goodness I don't have to. I enjoyed it.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I enjoyed it too. It wasn't great, but neither was the original show and I was a fan.

I liked the little nods to the original, especially Andrea's daughter on the school TV station. So quick, I almost missed it.

I was never a Shannen Doherty/Brenda Walsh fan, so I hope we don't see too much of her. I hope she doesn't try to mess things up with Kelly and that cutie pie teacher. She just had a little gleam in her eye when Kelly went inside for a minute.

I always thought of Nate as a pretty smart guy, Why'd he suddenly turn into a dope who can't figure out a cappuccino/espresso machine? Is that what happens when you hit 50 in TV land?

I do like most of the actors, although that "bad girl" the one who plagiarized Annie's paper looks WAY too old to play a teenager. I know some of the actors on the original show were way older too, but she's just more mature looking than any of the other teenagers.

I didn't think the sex was over the top: unfortunately, it's probably not even close to the truth

I'll keep watching...for now.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I really like it as well. I also loved that some of the old characters were on the show as well. I didn't realize that a some of the students were actually on the original show as kids (Erin Silver, Andrea's daughter). I really hope some more of the originals come back to the show.

I easily see this becoming my new addiction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast