+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 90210 - Tuesdays @ 8pm on CW

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: 90210 - Tuesdays @ 8pm on CW

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3188098;

I do like most of the actors, although that "bad girl" the one who plagiarized Annie's paper looks WAY too old to play a teenager. I know some of the actors on the original show were way older too, but she's just more mature looking than any of the other teenagers.
    I had a hard time finding her character believable because she was a very naughty girl named Eden on Nip/Tuck last season. She had some scenes that they probably wouldn't show on 90210.
    Wake up and be awesome

Oh, gawd! I really, really shouldn't be in this thread admitting this publicly, but I was a 90210 watcher back then. Oh, okay, I was sort of addicted. Well, how could I not be when Kelly managed to be stalked, kidnapped and have two boyfriends, all within a space of an episode? The good old days! I did record it and watched it today. I'm not sure about it yet, but it's watchable so far. I liked seeing Brenda again as she was always my favorite in all her bad girl glory. I'll keep watching as long as they keep bringing back the old characters and they get more than a few scenes thrown in as bait.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3188117;
    I had a hard time finding her character believable because she was a very naughty girl named Eden on Nip/Tuck last season. She had some scenes that they probably wouldn't show on 90210.
    The actor playing Dixon was in the Wire on HBO. Totally opposite of the role he is playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3188123;
    I liked seeing Brenda again as she was always my favorite in all her bad girl glory.
    Why am I not surprised????
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I didn't like the first hour much, but plowed through it into the second hour and ended up really liking it. I liked the tension between Brenda and Kelly. Maybe it is Shannen and Jennie tension, but either way, it worked and was true to the original.

I was on cold medicine so may have missed this: do we know who Kelly's baby's father is? I know she was talking to him on the phone but am not sure I heard who it was. If we don't know, I will shamelessly hold out hope for a Dylan/Brandon/Steve cameo...
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Fanatic

^^ It was never said who the daddy is but when Kelly was talking to Brenda it was implied it could be Brandon "I talked to him the other night" "you haven't seen Sammy since he was a baby". So it's possible they'll string it along to look like Brandon's kid then spring another daddy from the closet.

Overall it was okay. Total deja vu though, same soppy mid-western family with huge values dumped into valueless Beverly Hills. Both kids make BFF's and mortal enemies their first day. etc. etc. I did like the nods to the original and how they were put in there for older fans without making new fans feel like they missed something. Also liked how the cast actually look like teenagers (unlike the original).

And the coach/teacher guy -- cute!!

So, are the old characters permanent characters on the new series? Or are they just doing cameos to start the show off?

I heard talk about a 90210 reunion. Is that still happening, or is this show considered the 'reunion' of sorts?

I enjoyed it, and also have the DVR set. My favorites so far are the father/principal, Dixon, the guy who helped Dixon get the pigs & the teacher/coach.. he is great!

And Erin Silver sure was a surprise... too bad I don't like her at all, maybe that will change. And Hannah being the news lady was cool.

And I agree that the actress playing Naomi looks more like a teacher than a 16 year old student. Bad casting with her IMO, but the others all look young enough.

Can't wait to see Jackie Taylor next week, she looks pretty much the same as she did years ago... well, from the scenes anyway.
    And I think that Kelly looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3189161;
    So, are the old characters permanent characters on the new series? Or are they just doing cameos to start the show off?

I heard talk about a 90210 reunion. Is that still happening, or is this show considered the 'reunion' of sorts?
    From what I've heard, only Jennie Garth is a permanent cast member. Shannen will be on for maybe 4 episodes. I think others may be doing cameos, but I haven't heard anything definite, with the exception of Jackie (Kelly's mom) next week. I haven't heard anything about a reunion of the old cast.

There's been speculation that they won't decide who Kelly's baby daddy is until they talk one of the old actors into coming back - could be Brandon, Dylan or even Steve (yuck). Of course, the producers have said this isn't true, but I don't buy it. They're not going to make Brandon the father if Jason Priestly just refuses to come back.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I too read in EW that Shannen is only there for 4 episodes.

I didn't like the whole adopted black kid thing though. It was too much like South of Nowhere in that sense.

I really enjoyed it. Loved all the music and how the kids, Silver, Hannah (for a second) are in it. Great to see Nat too. I do hope they can keep it on the air (Lori L. shows don't seem to do well) and I really hope they can get more cast members on to make cameos.

+ Reply to Thread