+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 90210 - Tuesdays @ 8pm on CW

Re: 90210 - Tuesdays @ 8pm on CW

I'm actually really enjoying this season so far. Last year I watched in fits and spurts, but this one is really holding my interest (for a whopping 3 epi's so far ). Ace, I'm wondering if what the ex even told Dixon is true. The Aussie guy was in the car watching Dixon when he left with her, and he seemed mighty pleased that Dixon was going to talk to her. With all the other scheming he's been doing to break them up, I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind the whole thing.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fogey

I hate the Teddy thing. I despise when they have a character turn gay with no signs whatsoever of it.

I have to say the rest is going well. I am into it, and cannot wait until the next episode. I do think that Dixon is being setup though, and the girl was most likely paid off to say these things.

I like Annie's mother and Naomi's sister. I hate how they try and make the teens seem like they are on their own, and I like the involvement of the family.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I was actually annoyed with Monday's episode. Silver realized that Naomi was telling the truth and finds Naomi passed out on the couch and they just leave it at that?? Really?? I understand having a breast cancer awareness episode but to just drop Naomi's storyline when it was actually going somewhere was just, for lack of a better word, dumb. That was the most anticlimatic buildup/letdown.

Dixon's girlfriend was predictable. It might be interesting if she were being paid but I thought the Aussie was only trying to ruin the mother's life and not Ivy's?

I hadn't heard the rumors, so I was REALLY surprised to see the direction they're taking Teddy. I hope they handle it well...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;4077090;
    I was really letdown by tonight's big twist involving Dixon. For one thing, I figured out what she needed to tell him midway through the episode. I wasn't expecting it to be as serious as it was, but it was too coincidental that she showed up JUST in time before Ivy and Dixon slept together. Secondly, this seems a little redundant as they had Adrianna go through the almost exact same situation in season 1.

I'm enjoying the Teddy coming to terms with his sexuality storyline. I'm interested to see how Silver reacts when she finds out. I also enjoyed the scene with te girls coming together to support Naomi and even the cheesy fireman dance was entertainig! I enjoyed this episode alot! Was bummed to see that the preview focused only on Annie's mom and Naomi's sister, neither are very interesting characters to me.
    ITA. I also find it a bit interesting that the characters who are having HIV scares are the stereotypes--first the drug user then the minority/African American. It would be much more believable and interesting if they didn't throw the storyline off on a typical scapegoat each season. I suppose Teddy will be next given the pattern

I'm completely cool with Teddy being Bi but I wish they had given us some sort of indication of this slight change. The guy was banging every girl he came into contact with and out of the blue kicks it with a male character we have never even seen. To me that is so contrived it reeks of laziness--gay characters aren't just guys who sleep with another dude, it would be nice to see some complexity and development.

DITTO on Annie's Mom and the older sis--we are watching this fresh version of 90210 because it focuses on high school kids and I think the majority of viewers don't really care about the more mature characters (probably because they could get that storyline on a daytime soap).

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4079906;
    I'm completely cool with Teddy being Bi but I wish they had given us some sort of indication of this slight change. The guy was banging every girl he came into contact with and out of the blue kicks it with a male character we have never even seen. To me that is so contrived it reeks of laziness--gay characters aren't just guys who sleep with another dude, it would be nice to see some complexity and development.
    I don't know, I think this actually makes sense in a way. Teddy is obviously beyond uncomfortable with his feelings towards other guys, and isn't close to coming to terms with his sexuality. It wouldn't be that odd for him to overcompensate and "prove" his heterosexuality - to himself as well as whoever else might be watching and actually cares - by hooking up with as many females as he can. A classic case of "me thinks he doth protest too much"? As for his hook up with the dude, Teddy's self-identity is based on his ladies man/jock image. Somewhere inside he knows the "ladies man" is a lie, and his jock status is shot because of his knee. He's going through a huge upheaval with his injury and he was obviously pretty wasted when they hooked up. His inhibitions were lowered enough that he was able to express his true feelings. Heck, if you want to go deeper than 90210 probably had any intention of going , you could look at it as Teddy was not looking for sex per se, but comfort and solace from where he deep down can best find it...with another guy.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

i don't think those are stereotypes, they're reality. as far as i know, infection rates remain high among iv drug users and african americans.

also, the teddy thing makes complete sense to me. i am sure he has struggled w his attraction to men for quite some time and overcompensated by sleeping w every female he could.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4079906;
    ITA. I also find it a bit interesting that the characters who are having HIV scares are the stereotypes--first the drug user then the minority/African American. It would be much more believable and interesting if they didn't throw the storyline off on a typical scapegoat each season. I suppose Teddy will be next given the pattern

Absolutely HIV infection rates remain high for those who use/share needles--but the largest growing population happens to be among females (and they are seeing startling numbers emerge from the non-minority population--some studies say this is the fastest growing group and the infections are coming from vaginal intercourse). It always seems like the scare stories focus on somebody in the stereotypical group and that baffles me.

I thought the last episode was very eventful! Loved how they finally tied in that one teacher's drunk driving episode from last year's finale. I always wondered why they never mentioned it after the finale and figured the writers had decided to just scrap that storyline and forget it ever happened. to the writers for taking their time and tying that all in so effortlessly! I also was glad that they tied up the Dixon/Ivy/Oscar storyline and hope Oscar is gone for good as I did not enjoy his presence on the show at all. But what surprised me the most was Jen!!! I have despised her since season 1 but the way she got defensive of Naomi kind of made me like her just a little bit. I'm sure she'll go right back to being the stone cold villain she's been portrayed as but it was nice to see another side to the character, and more importantly the actress who plays Jen did a great job and pulled it off big time!

FORT Fogey

I think some siblings have such competition or jealousy their whole lives that it takes awhile to get to that moment where wow I love this person, and I want them to be ok. I think that was great writing. I think whomever writes for this show is very good at tying things together, and keeping all the characters interesting. I wish All My Children's writers would take a cue from it.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4078079;
    I hate the Teddy thing. I despise when they have a character turn gay with no signs whatsoever of it.
    My BFF is gay and was 'straight' all through high school. There were no 'signs' of him being gay when he came out. Also, people don't typically turn gay.

I like the Teddy thing. It happens so why not have a character on the show be gay. Teddy, IMO, was a good pick.

+ Reply to Thread