+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raising The Bar - TNT

Raising The Bar - TNT

Did anyone else watch the season premier last night? My mom & I watched, and we didn't care for it. It just didn't live up to our expectations.

Just wondering what others here thought about it.

TNT - Raising the Bar - from Emmy® winning producer Steven Bochco

Re: Raising The Bar - TNT

Truthfully, I was caught up in tennis and forgot it was one. However, from what I read it's sort of Grey's Anatomy for lawyers, and I can't say I'm eager to watch another nighttime soap. The only one I'm really looking forward to is the return of Dirty Money and, to a lesser extent, Ugly Betty and Brothers and Sisters (minus the Saul Is Gay espisodes).
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Regular

Grey's for lawyers? Not even close. More like that short lived Law and Order Conviction on speed. Not the best show out there, but also not the worse. Tonight's second episode was slighty better than the pilot. It a Saved By the Bell reunion of sorts with Mark Paul Gosselaar from the original and college years and Natalia Cigluiti from the new class. I'll give it a few more epsiodes.

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3186302;
    Did anyone else watch the season premier last night? My mom & I watched, and we didn't care for it. It just didn't live up to our expectations.

Just wondering what others here thought about it.

TNT - Raising the Bar - from Emmy® winning producer Steven Bochco
    I did not watch it yet. I am not a big Bochco fan at this point. All he ever does is try and push the envelope and it gets a little tiring. He seems to think, at least IMO, that he's way better than he is. So, I don't know that I am all that keen to see it. What was it about the show that did not live up to your expectations?

FORT Regular

I guess I'm the only one still watching. Not a great show by any means, but its slowly growing on me.

I caught it last night for the first time. I liked it. Since it's on TNT it probably won't need a huge audience to survive.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I tivo'd it, so right now I have 5 episodes! So I'll eventually watch it.

I tape it too and I haven't quite caught up with all the episodes but I do like the show. I think it will be a good show once they've had a chance to flesh out the characters a bit.

Is anyone still watching this show? I just watched the last episode that I had recorded and I thought it was good. I felt so bad for the man who took the deal and then found out that he wouldn't have had to because the only witness had died. That little blond prosecutor is sure a win at all costs kind of lawyer isn't she? That may be a good thing in a lawyer, but it doesn't seem very ethical. I'm interested in the budding relationship between Jerry and Bobbi too. Now that her husband is going to rehab, that will throw some conflict in there too. All in all, I think the show is getting pretty interesting and I plan to keep watching.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Regular

Yup, still watching and like it more and more each week. The Jerry and Bobbi relationship is intriguing indeed. I can't stand the blond lawyer either, or the main judge. They had a little Cosby Show reunion last night - Vanessa (the middle daughter) was married to one of Theo's college friends.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast