+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 216 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3931940;
    CA - I thought season two was miles better than season one and I loved season one! I'm watching "Timebomb" OnDemand right now! That episode and "I Will Rise Up" are, IMHO, the best two episodes of the show ever. They're going to have to work hard to top those two in season three.
    Absolutely--DH is annoyed b/c I've adopted and taken over "his" show. I told him he could "have" season 1, that I was only interested in season 2 and on.

"Timebomb" and "I Will Rise Up" are my favorite epi's as well. Godric & Eric... I had to change my avatar a couple of days ago in anticipation of tonight...and the wolf doesn't get replaced lightly.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I almost didn't recognize you without the wolf av, cantstop!

Crit, please tell me that's 10.99 a month for HBO, or I'm going to choke somebody at Time Warner for screwing us over. And that's a shame about Nelson's family, the show wouldn't be the same without him. Ignorance.

I watched the last half of season two today in a marathon. Still laughing over Jason pretending to be the Horned God with Andy holding up a stick and a spotlight. Got my fiance hooked now, though I have to keep the drooling over Eric to a minimum. Less than two hours til showtime....
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Also learned that the actor's name is spelled "Nelsan" and seems to be pronounced "Nel-SAHN".

I swear, for every person in the world, there seems to be a different spelling and pronunciation. That's kind of annoying.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3932224;

Crit, please tell me that's 10.99 a month for HBO, or I'm going to choke somebody at Time Warner for screwing us over. And that's a shame about Nelson's family, the show wouldn't be the same without him. Ignorance.
    Oops! Yes, I meant $10.99 a month. You can choke someone at Time Warner for some other reason! I WISH it was only $10.99 for 6 months!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3931847;
    I read where the actor that plays Lafayette says that only one of his family members (one sister) supports his doing this role, and he comes from a family of about 8 siblings, having been brought up in the foster care system. He said he took his brother to the premiere of this season, and that his brother got uncomfortable, got up, and walked out....just disappeared. I can't imagine the lack of support. I'll be his family, because I think he's great!!
    I cannot believe that! That is horrible. It saddens me when things like this happen for anyone, not just famous people. Support is SO important.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3931940;
    CA - I thought season two was miles better than season one and I loved season one! I'm watching "Timebomb" OnDemand right now! That episode and "I Will Rise Up" are, IMHO, the best two episodes of the show ever. They're going to have to work hard to top those two in season three.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3932224;

I watched the last half of season two today in a marathon. Still laughing over Jason pretending to be the Horned God with Andy holding up a stick and a spotlight. Got my fiance hooked now, though I have to keep the drooling over Eric to a minimum. Less than two hours til showtime....
    I loved that part! Especially the adding of horns! The interspersed bits of humour really add to the show.

Can I just say that the so-called "pre-show" was LAAAAME. It was nothing more than a bunch of commercials. There was very little that I hadn't already seen online.

I'm going to watch the episode again before I comment on it, but I will say that it felt like they dealt with too many story lines in the episode.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Wow! So.many.stories!

Guess I'll put in spoilers to keep from ruining anything but can't get over all the various storylines--
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm glad they picked it up where it left off. The Bill & Sam scene --wow! Eric with the dancer--holy cow! (Didn't realize the snippets they showed over the last few weeks were actually to fill in gaps prior to the season beginning!) And then poor Bill with the werewolves...but I thought vampire blood was supposed to be poison to them--well in the books at least?? That confused me. When Sophie-Anne went after Eric, I jumped! I'm still annoyed at her, though, for putting Eric in danger with the selling of V.
    I certainly think they're off to a fast-paced start this season. Can't wait to see next week!!

My SIL mentioned at dinner tonight that there's supposed to be something that'll be a water cooler topic in the upcoming weeks -- and this is coming from someone who doesn't watch the show. I promised her I'd tell her what it was...but I thought it was interesting that even nonviewers are hearing/speculating about it.

Waywyrd, IKWYM about keeping the drooling over Eric to a minimum. So, so hard!!

And tonight's "postmortem" scenes with the wolves & Stephen -- loved them!! DH actually told me, "No, we're not getting ourselves a wolf after this." LOL! I guess I'll just have to content myself with bringing my avatar back again.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I was a bit disappointed in tonight's episode. Why, you ask. Because I have been waiting sooooo long that I wanted a 3 or 4 hour episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I know, that hour went by way too fast! I read somewhere that this first episode was cluttered with so many new storylines, but by the second and third episodes, the pace gets back to what we're used to. I'm glad the regulars got good airtime...the only one I could do without is Tara's mom. Bleah.

And...poor Jason. Boy's got issues now.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I thought the season opener was awesome. I wish I had watched the reruns of Season 2 because I had forgotten some things; so I was confused about some stuff in the continuing storylines. And I can't remember what happened thats' making Jason and the police guy so nervous. (any help?) There certainly are more characters to keep track of now. Poor Jessica!

+ Reply to Thread