+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 216 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3927256;
    Pregnant? Who on earth....it can't be Sookie. Tara? Sounds like they're going to start off with a bang. And, yay for number 7 on that list!

The latest minisode with Jason and the black panther - are they going to bring that storyline in this season? They're killing me with all these teases.

Sunday can't get here fast enough!
    If they bring in the Jason/panther storyline, then it could be Crystal who is pregnant.

I want to know who will have the one night stand since it's the last person we'd expect. Sookie maybe? She's about the only one I wouldn't expect.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

maybe Hoyt has the one night stand.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am so, so, so excited about Sunday that I just don't know what to do with myself until then!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Hooray--the wait is finally over!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It is going to be forever until 8:45 p.m.!!! I am still glad that I didn't read most of the books. I'm really enjoying getting my firsthand view from the tv scripts. This show is really well-done.

I read where the actor that plays Lafayette says that only one of his family members (one sister) supports his doing this role, and he comes from a family of about 8 siblings, having been brought up in the foster care system. He said he took his brother to the premiere of this season, and that his brother got uncomfortable, got up, and walked out....just disappeared. I can't imagine the lack of support. I'll be his family, because I think he's great!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-13-2010 at 12:28 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Interesting! I do remember in the recent interview (referred to further up this thread) hearing Michael Ausiello ask a question about the characters they play and which person is most different from their character; someone (maybe Sam T?) mentioned Nelson is very different from the character of Lafayette which he plays.

That is sad prhoshay, he is one of my favorites....... and unlike the book character
    Click to see Spoiler:
    (which died in book 2)
    lives on through the grace of Alan Ball. Nelson Ellis breathed more than life into his role of Lafayette, and I am so glad to watch his performances. I support him too!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3931863;
    Interesting! I do remember in the recent interview (referred to further up this thread) hearing Michael Ausiello ask a question about the characters they play and which person is most different from their character; someone (maybe Sam T?) mentioned Nelson is very different from the character of Lafayette which he plays.
    It was on the Ausiello panel interview for the Ultimate Fan Experience. Nelsan was ill and couldn't be there, but they all agreed he was the least like his character. Lafayette is one of my favorite characters on the show - and I think he's one of the fan faves overall. It's a shame his family can't support him. At least he's got legions of fans who love him!

I just called and got HBO again! For anyone with Comcast, it's only $10.99 for 6 months. I think it's the same for Showtime and Starz. If they've still got the deal going in a few months when TB is over and I cancel HBO, I'll sign up for Showtime for the next season of Dexter!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I watched Season 2 on demand yesterday and I have to say, that I am a convert to the show. The first season, while I enjoyed it, it wasn't anything that I fell overly in love with. I also watched it on demand. However the second season really caught my attention. I cannot wait now for tonight's premiere!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3931847;
    I read where the actor that plays Lafayette says that only one of his family members (one sister) supports his doing this role, and he comes from a family of about 8 siblings, having been brought up in the foster care system. He said he took his brother to the premiere of this season, and that his brother got uncomfortable, got up, and walked out....just disappeared. I can't imagine the lack of support. I'll be his family, because I think he's great!!
    That's awful and so sad. I support Nelson as well and think he's an incredible actor. Lafayette just wouldn't be the same with someone else portraying him. He can be part of my family too and I don't care what kind of role he takes on.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CA - I thought season two was miles better than season one and I loved season one! I'm watching "Timebomb" OnDemand right now! That episode and "I Will Rise Up" are, IMHO, the best two episodes of the show ever. They're going to have to work hard to top those two in season three.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread