+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 209 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

It's not a straight guy going gay if it's Eric (and we don't have confirmation of that yet or I'd put it in spoiler tags) - he's always been a bit pansexual. In the books, he had a sexual relationship with his maker, who was not Godric, btw. It wasn't necessarily always consensual, but it happened for many many years.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I think Mike's Girl's guess makes the most sense. I'm sure they'll change some things up, but I bet it'll be Eric. So...then the question becomes who's the other guy??? It's hard to make a guess b/c it could be any of the remaining 3-- Sam or Jason if they're helping Eric & Sookie or it could be Bill if Eric's in Russell's mansion already. All I gotta say is I can't wait to hear/see DH's reaction since he has no idea where the story is headed. (He freaked out when he saw the wolf commercial b/c he didn't know they were entering the story.)

After checking out all of the new cast photos, I'm really, really excited for the season to start!!! Soooo much new eye candy; I'm going to feel like a kid on Christmas. Now I just have to figure out how to watch the show w/o drooling and getting myself in trouble with DH.

Oh yeah -- and I can't believe they chose Isabelle from Robin Hood to be Claudine. I really disliked her character on that show but I'm hoping I'll be able to turn it around. Claudine's 1 of my favorite characters in the books...and they went and chose someone I dislike to be her...nevermind somebody who doesn't look anything like how I'd pictured her in my head. Alan Ball, you better deliver this season--I've got high hopes!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3906281;
    I think Mike's Girl's guess makes the most sense. I'm sure they'll change some things up, but I bet it'll be Eric. So...then the question becomes who's the other guy??? It's hard to make a guess b/c it could be any of the remaining 3-- Sam or Jason if they're helping Eric & Sookie or it could be Bill if Eric's in Russell's mansion already. All I gotta say is I can't wait to hear/see DH's reaction since he has no idea where the story is headed. (He freaked out when he saw the wolf commercial b/c he didn't know they were entering the story.)
    The other guy is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Talbot, Russell's lover
    . You meant the other guy in the twosome, right?

Only a few of the actors AB has cast look at all like Charlaine described them OR as I imagined them, but he's done a great job so far. I'm going to try to trust him on Claudine. Emphasis on TRY. I think Charlaine said Pam on the show is closest to how she imagined the character and I agree with her - Kristin Bauer is just how I imagined Pam. Still, even though the actors may not necessarily resemble their characters on the page, I can't imagine anyone else as Sookie or Tara or any of the other characters (except maybe the Queen....).
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3906346;
    The other guy is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Talbot, Russell's lover
    . You meant the other guy in the twosome, right?

Only a few of the actors AB has cast look at all like Charlaine described them OR as I imagined them, but he's done a great job so far. I'm going to try to trust him on Claudine. Emphasis on TRY. I think Charlaine said Pam on the show is closest to how she imagined the character and I agree with her - Kristin Bauer is just how I imagined Pam. Still, even though the actors may not necessarily resemble their characters on the page, I can't imagine anyone else as Sookie or Tara or any of the other characters (except maybe the Queen....).
    Ahhh, thank you -- he's yummy!! He's the newest character I'm most looking forward to seeing this season.

My biggest issue with the Claudine casting is it's someone I don't care for based on her previous character on Robin Hood. She just wasn't very good. So hearing she's been cast for one of my fav. characters bums me out. All that being said, I couldn't stand Sarah Michelle Gellar prior to her being cast as Buffy (she was a young Kendall on AMC) and she turned out to be one of my fav. TV actresses/characters of all time. So, I'm trying to keep an open mind re: Lara Pulver...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3904212;
    New (almost 2 minute) season 3 trailer: YouTube - True Blood Season 3 Trailer - TrueBlood-Online.com

Lots of spoilers and glimpses of the season including Russell Edgington, Franklin Mott and Alcide. My favorite part: "Santa?" "Jason, focus." I can't wait to see what the deal is with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Eric on the bed and Sookie whipping off her robe - I hope it's not another dream sequence!

The season premiere is a only a month away! I can't wait!
    Tease! Tease! Tease! THAT WAS GREAT! Thank you!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

ok so i am slightly late to this party.. as i just powered thru 2 seasons in 3 days.. and i have to agree.. Eric is sex on a stick! I thought to myself as i watched season one, why am i watching this?! I wasnt a fan of Sookie at all. Jason was annoying and acting left a lot to be desired.. but then Eric sigh. I loved his exchange with Sookie in the church "hes your maker isnt he" "Do not use words you don't understand" "You love him" "Do not use word I dont understand" that clinched it for me. I love Eric and hate to say (i know what happens in the books, but have not read them) i do not want him and Sookie together hes too good for her lol.

Love Pam too The whole exchange about her pumps.. priceless.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Glad to see another Eric fan, FireWoman!

Has anyone watched the latest minisode with Bill, where he's ring shopping? That was...odd.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3910499;
    Eric is sex on a stick!
    Heck, yeah! I can't wait for the season to start, just to see him, preferably shirtless.

I'm putting this in spoilers b/c it's from the books but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what are the chances of us ever seeing him having the calendar photo taken?? Or I should say the picture he sent to Sookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3906226;
    It's not a straight guy going gay if it's Eric (and we don't have confirmation of that yet or I'd put it in spoiler tags) - he's always been a bit pansexual.
    I saw a screencap on another forum that showed
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Bill and Sam about to kiss
    ! Dream sequence? Who knows. I never thought it would be those two...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3917731;
    I saw a screencap on another forum that showed
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Bill and Sam about to kiss
    ! Dream sequence? Who knows. I never thought it would be those two...
    Well, that certainly seems unlikely, especially the latter. Maybe they are pretending for some reason....

+ Reply to Thread