+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 216 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3895381;
    Is there a schedule so I can figure out when to watch?
    I found it under the "On Demand" HBO section of my cable listings. It was a freebee along with the season summaries of True Blood. It was the only minisode available so I will continue checking that section for anything new.

Found it last night. It was precious especially all the male dancers. Ah...Jockstrap and Gold Speedos almost burned out my eye sockets. Liked the reference to FlashDance. Pam and Eric have great chemistry and it is great to see them play off each other with just one word sentences.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Synopses of the first three episodes are up on true-blood.net: True Blood season 3 first three episodes description | True-Blood.net - True Blood season 3 news, spoilers, & photos!

I'm getting excited!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I am getting confused!!!!! Just started reading "Dead in the Family", and am jumbling True Blood storylines from past seasons (Eric's maker) with the books version now. I need an outline for each marking the differences so I can keep them straight.
    I am excited to watch the new season, but really want the books to wind up so that I can better distinguish the two.
    Really, watching the show would be less confusing if the books had wrapped and I could let my imagination run free. I understand why some people are choosing one or the other now.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3897758;
    I am getting confused!!!!! Just started reading "Dead in the Family", and am jumbling True Blood storylines from past seasons (Eric's maker) with the books version now. I need an outline for each marking the differences so I can keep them straight.
    I am excited to watch the new season, but really want the books to wind up so that I can better distinguish the two.
    Really, watching the show would be less confusing if the books had wrapped and I could let my imagination run free. I understand why some people are choosing one or the other now.
    I know what you mean. I'm on the third book now but didn't start reading until after watching the first 2 seasons. I almost consider them totally separate entertainment venues at this point. The HBO version gives me great visuals for the characters and settings when I read but otherwise the storylines are fairly different. I'm enjoying both and not trying to reconsile one to the other.

Michael Ausiello is reporting that they have cast Claudine. The actress is only 5'4" Her name is Lara Pulver. She doesn't look a thing like Claudine and is way too short. I actually pictured a young Michelle Forbes when I read the books but, obviously, the chances of that happening died in season two! Normally, I'm pretty happy with AB's casting choices, but I'm questioning this one.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

No, no, no. She doesn't look a thing like Claudine. And way too short. Claudine should have been tall and exotic looking...meh.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

It's funny, because someone else mentioned Michelle Forbes in the comments section of the article I read about it. Too bad they already used her. Tall, beautiful, exotic, she would have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3899402;
    Michael Ausiello is reporting that they have cast Claudine. The actress is only 5'4" Her name is Lara Pulver. She doesn't look a thing like Claudine and is way too short. I actually pictured a young Michelle Forbes when I read the books but, obviously, the chances of that happening died in season two! Normally, I'm pretty happy with AB's casting choices, but I'm questioning this one.
    So who will they cast as Claude? They were twins if I recall?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Claude is her twin. I have no idea who (or if) they are casting as Claude, but another board I read offered Rudy Reyes as a suggestion. Google him, I think he would make a great Claude.

And - spoilage!:

Click to see Spoiler:
    True Blood’s sexy, new gay Greek vampire, Talbot (Theo Alexander, debuting in the HBO hit’s June 20 episode), will cheat on his 3,000-year-old sugar-daddy boyfriend of 700 years, King of Mississippi Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare), with one of these four straight Bon Temps studs: Bill (Stephen Moyer), Eric (Alexander Skarsgård), Jason (Ryan Kwanten) or Sam (Sam Trammell)!

Though he’s keeping his mouth shut about his secret lover’s identity (yes, it’s the one most of you are hoping for), Theo tells me, “Talbot loves Russell immensely because he’s [his] maker, but like any marriage, it has its ups and downs. One thing we have a huge fight over is that I always have to stay home. Sometimes I have to straighten him out and take drastic measures to save the marriage.”

Theo, currently back home in Greece, where he’s worrying that his mother’s “miles of spanakopita” will make him appear fatter in shirtless love scenes he has yet to shoot, also can’t reveal how Theo and Russell get hooked up with the Louisiana denizens, offering only that, as royalty, “we have ties to all the kingdoms.” And here’s a big gay bonus: A scene early in the season will reveal two of the four straight characters making out—with each other!

the link

Loved the latest minisode with Tara, Sookie and Lafayette. "Hello Kitty's claws are out!"
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread