+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 205 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3218456;
    Spoiler tags! Spoiler tags! Spoiler tags! Please and Thank You!
    And if you don't know how, please PM a staff member for help
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Premium Member

Click to see Spoiler:
    The killer is Rene Lenier, Arlene's husband (the waitress at the diner with the red hair's hubby).

Must...not...click on...spoilers...

After all the rave reviews for the book series, I'm going to have to read it after the show is over. I absolutely love this show!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3218723;
    Must...not...click on...spoilers...
    Me too, way! I have no willpower, but I really don't want to be spoiled on this one. Does anyone know how long we'll have to wait for the killer to be exposed? If it's not revealed until the season finale, I don't know if I can make it!

I wonder if the murderer will be different in the show. If anyone read The Bone Collector and then saw the movie, you know that they changed the identity of the murderer. It actually made the movie more enjoyable, because I watched the whole thing knowing who the killer was and then they tricked me and changed the ending!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I hope they don't change who the killer is. So far it's more of a fleshed out story but it follows the book pretty close. I still can't watch just live vicariously through everyone's posts and the brief previews on the True Blood website but I did re-read the book on the weekend and it was all good.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I finally get to get caught up tonight!! I can hardly wait!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Spoilers I've given so far have nothing to do with who the killer is - mostly mine relate to character development. While I know the results of the entire series I don't feel comfortable exposing them. I enjoyed reading the books and having the story unfold. Although I do like having the full perspective "now" I appreciated the evolutionary process. There is supplemental info I would share such as how one becomes a vampire
    Click to see Spoiler:
    We saw what happened to Bill but also someone who takes a significant about of V juice runs the risk as well. The more times a human drinks a vampires blood the closer they get to turning. Also, when a human drinks a vampires blood they share a connection with that vamp. A sort of psychic vibe is shared. (that's all for now)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm not particularly comfortable with the character of Sam. Sookie's grandmother didn't particularly care for him either, and didn't seem to try to hide it. Seemed like to me, she was following the lesson of "If you can't say anything nice about someone, say nothing at all."

Love Lafeyette! The guy playing him is doing one heck of a job!

I am finally caught up!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yay shay, now you're ready for tonight!

I agree about Sam, there's something too needy/clingy/creepy about him sometimes. I much prefer Sookie with Bill - after last episode's fireplace scene, I don't see Sam having a chance anyway.

Lafayette is one of my favorites - the actor playing him is terrific.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Sign me up for the Lafayette Fan Club too! That "AIDS Burger" scene a few weeks ago was awesome. I've watched it at least 5 times. The best part is at the end: "Tip your waitress." That and Jason hi-fiving him as he walked back into the kitchen.

I like Sam Trammel as an actor, but I don't like Sam with Sookie at all. Like way said, there's something too needy about him. He's like a jr. stalker or something.

ETA: It's pathetic that I'm already sad about the season ending. We're at the halfway point.

+ Reply to Thread