+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 216 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by princessKIM;3868968;
    Ooooooooo I agree Amy. Let everyone discuss Bill vs. Eric all they want. I'll take Sam over either of them any day

Uh, in a...totally detached, cerebral way. Sam is uh, a much more balanced individual, and more stable.

In between shape shifts?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3868982;

Uh, in a...totally detached, cerebral way. Sam is uh, a much more balanced individual, and more stable.

In between shape shifts?
    And, as I think I've said in the book threads, they can have kids, and he'll age and die (barring "accidents") at the same time she does. She wants a normal life... he can give her that, ok, maybe not normal, but closer than either vampire can. Plus I think their attraction is not based on "blood" issues, but more on personality (and looks), the "normal" human stuff.
    Go, Sam! But not until our heroine has had some romantic adventures to make up for what she missed in high school due to her mindreading.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3869503;
    And, as I think I've said in the book threads, they can have kids, and he'll age and die (barring "accidents") at the same time she does. She wants a normal life... he can give her that, ok, maybe not normal, but closer than either vampire can. Plus I think their attraction is not based on "blood" issues, but more on personality (and looks), the "normal" human stuff.
    Go, Sam! But not until our heroine has had some romantic adventures to make up for what she missed in high school due to her mindreading.
    Plus, he can to some extent "block her" from the telepathy; or allow her. Which can sometimes be useful. I am hopeful that in the books...... that will be her choice. He certainly has not stopped caring for Sookie, that I can remember.

I enjoyed seeing him in that sneak peak of season three....... have no clue who that was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    holding the gun on Sam in the car, "which is it, don't move or get out of the car"
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3869700;
    I enjoyed seeing him in that sneak peak of season three....... have no clue who that was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    holding the gun on Sam in the car, "which is it, don't move or get out of the car"
    Based on the casting info I've read, I think it might be
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sam's brother

I think Sam Trammel is cute, but I'll stick with Alex, thankyouverymuch
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3869716;
    Based on the casting info I've read, I think it might be
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sam's brother

I think Sam Trammel is cute, but I'll stick with Alex, thankyouverymuch
    Eric wins me for shear hunk-ness but growing old with a young looking vamp turns me off. If I were Sookie, I would enjoy Eric now for a bit, but settle down to live my life with Sam.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Well, I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed for eating crackers
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Definitely Eric if I were Sookie's age, I hate to admit. But, I offer as an excuse the fact that Lestat was part of my growing up years. I read Ann Rice's first book at a very young age. The way Lestat was described, sounds a lot like Eric from True Blood. I had a crush on Lestat after that, so in all likelihood faced with her choices, I'd go before Eric even before Bill.

In my 30s and beyond though - definitely Sam. That's when I started to notice the quieter guys and realize it didn't mean they weren't interested if they didn't speak up. Maybe Sookie will, too. Although Sam did turn out to have his dark side! That whole bit with the maenad...He can blame his messed up childhood, though, I'm sure.

I forgot how to do spoiler tags But yeah, on the spoiler, that makes sense.

Oh, yeah. Eric all the way.

And: I'm loving Manganiello as Alcide! Just how I pictured him. June seems so far away....

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I think it's interesting that the qualities we look for in men change as we get older.In my 20 I dated a quite a few Erics and even a couple of Jasons.I was fortunate enough to meet my husband at 29 when a was ready to settle down with a Sam

Quote Originally Posted by princessKIM;3870204;
    I think it's interesting that the qualities we look for in men change as we get older.In my 20 I dated a quite a few Erics and even a couple of Jasons.I was fortunate enough to meet my husband at 29 when a was ready to settle down with a Sam
    Very nicely expressed and my feelings exactly.

There was an interesting blip I read on another forum that discussed a recent lecture appearance of Charlaine Harris. It was mentioned that she did not give away any season 3 TB spoilers, but she did say that she has concerns regarding her 10 book in the Sookie series. She said that the book is quite a departure in tone from the others, and she hopes it is well received by her audience.

I thought this part was cute, the person in the audience commented that
    Ms Harris also mentioned that she has been working hard as a writer for over 20 years, but is now considered an "overnight success," (which made everyone laugh). She said that this is primarily due to the success of the TV series. "How many paperbacks did I sell last year? Let's just say, a whole bunch." and everyone applauded.

ETA: Forgot to mention what I thought was the best part.
    She explained that she loved the casting choices for True Blood, and that there is no way you can cast every character to look exactly like she's always pictured in her head. However, she said that TV Pam comes the closest to book Pam. Since book Pam is one of my favorites, I was pleased that she made this comment because that is how I feel about the actress playing Pam in the series.
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 04-05-2010 at 08:34 PM.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread