+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 216 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136186 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3868178;
    Well, if you have read all the books, you may recall there is something about Sookie's, um, background, that makes her especially appealing to vampires. I'm under the impression that hasn't been dealt with in the TV series yet, so maybe that's what they mean. I don't watch, only read the books and read about it here. I mean her
    Click to see Spoiler:
    fairy blood
    . I agree, the assignment from the Queen is a rotten thing to give to anyone.....
    Of course! That would certainly be the most logical interpretation!!!
    I am so use to thinking of her in that way, the obvious slid right past me!

Thank you! Alan does mix it all up and is not afraid to introduce information or situations developed later in the books, early on. I am relieved by your suggestion!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Oh I hope that's it and not the other one!!! I would probably stop watching if it were switched up THAT much. I have no problems with changes, even taking longer to get to a particular storyline, and expanding the other character's stories but to change it so much that the essence of the books is gone is TOO much!! I am already disappointed enough that Eric wasn't in the final showdown with the maenad/Mary Ann.

Anna's "announcement" is on Yahoo's front page today.

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3868279;
    Oh I hope that's it and not the other one!!! I would probably stop watching if it were switched up THAT much. I have no problems with changes, even taking longer to get to a particular storyline, and expanding the other character's stories but to change it so much that the essence of the books is gone is TOO much!! I am already disappointed enough that Eric wasn't in the final showdown with the maenad/Mary Ann.
    Yeah, I know what you mean I was really looking forward to seeing Eric in pink spandex tights.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3868396;
    Yeah, I know what you mean I was really looking forward to seeing Eric in pink spandex tights.
    Don't remind me! I was so hoping to see that but I knew it wasn't going to happen. Didn't AB say something about no pink spandex early on in the season during an interview?

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3868430;
    Don't remind me! I was so hoping to see that but I knew it wasn't going to happen. Didn't AB say something about no pink spandex early on in the season during an interview?
    It was at Comic-Con last year.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thank you! I knew I remembered a specific quote about the pink spandex! Sigh.

Season 3 Premieres Sunday June 13th and they have a great sneak peak at HBO with Sam:
    HBO: True Blood: Homepage

Getting excited now.......
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I love me some Sam Merlotte. I was obsessed with him when I first started watching the show.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Ooooooooo I agree Amy. Let everyone discuss Bill vs. Eric all they want. I'll take Sam over either of them any day

+ Reply to Thread