+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 216 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I enjoy the books and I enjoy the show. I do like how Alan B. tells us the story from the other characters viewpoints. I just don't see the point of totally changing the story so it is unrecognizable. Somehow I think Alan B. is a smart enough storyteller not to do that. That is one reason why I don't think Eric will be excluded from a Sookie and Eric story arc despite the overly sensitive feelings of Anna Pacquin and Stephan Moyer.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I like the other characters view points on the season I watched. What I don't like is the changing of story lines. That doesn't interest me at all.

Haven't read any of the books, so however Ball wants to tell the story is fine by me. Also, I agree that actors should be, or usually are, used to their loved one having steamy scenes with other people. Just don't be on set that day, (and don't watch that scene) if you are the jealous type, would be my advice.

Alex did an interview and photo shoot recently for the LA Times Magazine: Millennium Man - LA Times Magazine There also a short video, which shows how cool and down-to-earth he really is. Plus, the photo shoot =

Only 3 months until the season 3 premiere!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Anyone seen any teasers about the new season? The TV guide online implied that these teasers are being aired.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3853993;
    Alex did an interview and photo shoot recently for the LA Times Magazine: Millennium Man - LA Times Magazine There also a short video, which shows how cool and down-to-earth he really is. Plus, the photo shoot =

Only 3 months until the season 3 premiere!
    Thanks for posting that link, Critical. He's so down to earth, I love it! And yowza!

Can't wait for the new season!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3867220;
    Anyone seen any teasers about the new season? The TV guide online implied that these teasers are being aired.
    They're very short. I know HBO is airing them, but they're also on YouTube and I think on the official site.

cantstopwatchin - that's why I love Alex! He is so normal and down-to-earth. Everything I've read from fans who've met him confirms that. He poses for pics, signs autographs, all of it, happily. I hope he never loses that!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The most recent TV Guide issue (April 5-11, 2010) has a little blurb about Sookie and Eric....... Alan Ball said
    "Sookie is sexually drawn to him because she's had his blood,"
    Click to see Spoiler:
    "But there is another reason he's drawn to her, one that will be revealed this season."

I hope AB doesn't swap storylines, and make Eric the one given the assignment from the Queen..... oh, please know! I am sorry that I even thought of that, I would hate for him to go there, and destroy the essence of the romance between Sookie/Eric. I would drop the show in a heartbeat if that were the case, and stick with the books. Please forgive me for even suggesting it!!!
    Anyone have ideas on what Alan means?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Kiz

I love keeping up with the TB news. Makes the wait for the new season seem to go a little faster....
    Anna Paquin's participation in a PSA for We Give a Damn -- a charity focused on raising awareness for various causes -- has turned out to be her coming out, of sorts, as the 'True Blood' starlet boldly admits in the video: "I'm bisexual."

According to RadarOnline, Paquin surprised everyone involved in the PSA's filming by dropping the bombshell during her time on camera, as nobody had prior knowledge that she was going to admit her bisexuality in the shoot. Watch the video at Radar!

The video was shot in late January, and the cast and crew kept their lips sealed about the admission. The 'Give A Damn' campaign also features stars like Whoopi Goldberg, Elton John and Jason Mraz.

Paquin is currently engaged to her 'True Blood' co-star Stephen Moyer, though the two have not yet announced a wedding date.

'Damn' is part of the True Colors Fund, which was co-founded by Cyndi Lauper. According to the site, "The 'Give a Damn' campaign is for everybody who cares about gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality. But, it's especially for all you straight people out there!"
    Anna Paquin's Bisexual? That's What She Said | PopEater.com
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3867419;
    The most recent TV Guide issue (April 5-11, 2010) has a little blurb about Sookie and Eric....... Alan Ball said
    "Sookie is sexually drawn to him because she's had his blood,"
    Click to see Spoiler:
    "But there is another reason he's drawn to her, one that will be revealed this season."

I hope AB doesn't swap storylines, and make Eric the one given the assignment from the Queen..... oh, please know! I am sorry that I even thought of that, I would hate for him to go there, and destroy the essence of the romance between Sookie/Eric. I would drop the show in a heartbeat if that were the case, and stick with the books. Please forgive me for even suggesting it!!!
    Anyone have ideas on what Alan means?
    Well, if you have read all the books, you may recall there is something about Sookie's, um, background, that makes her especially appealing to vampires. I'm under the impression that hasn't been dealt with in the TV series yet, so maybe that's what they mean. I don't watch, only read the books and read about it here. I mean her
    Click to see Spoiler:
    fairy blood
    . I agree, the assignment from the Queen is a rotten thing to give to anyone.....

+ Reply to Thread