+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 216 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3787060;
    Thanks Critical! It's that at the beginning at least part that concerns me though......

I want to see Eric with Sookie, but I don't think that Anna and Stephen want that, and I am wondering if Alan will just change it up. Excited for season three nevertheless!!!!!!
    That's the part that concerns me too.

While Stephen and Anna may have great chemistry off screen, I'm not that impressed with their chemistry on screen. Add to that the fact that Alex would have great chemistry with a mailbox (a compliment I usually reserve only for John Barrowman! ) and I think AB would be crazy not to pursue the Eric/Sookie relationship.

I haven't been gung ho about all of the changes AB made to the plot of the books, but I've been okay because he stuck with the spirit of the books. If he veers away from the books so much that he changes the entire trajectory of the story, then I'll be disappointed. I'd be okay if he made the move to Eric/Sookie take a little longer - to be honest, I thought the Bill/Sookie break-up was a bit abrupt in the books - but if he throws out that whole storyline, I don't know how I'd be able to enjoy the show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree Critical!
    I know that Alan is very creative, and he always seems to do what "feels" right for the show he is developing. I've trusted him in the past, and had very few disappointments. He surprises me sometimes, and I enjoy that. I really hate to be inflexible about a story that is only fiction, but I do enjoy Eric in the books so much, and am anxious to see that onscreen; a deviation from Harris Book plots this early in the TV series might alienate me.
    I also find Alex Skarsgard very sexy (every bit as sexy as Barrowman ) and I think that may be part of the reason that I want to see Sookie with Eric. I have nothing against prolonging the Sookie/Bill relationship; but I enjoyed the fact that in the books, Sookie (so inexperienced in dating) had the opportunity to get to know more men then just Bill.

While reading the books, I "hung" onto the Sookie/Bill relationship for awhile. Always gave Bill the benefit of the doubt, forgiving him easily; but then I realized there really are other worthy supes out there, and maybe Sookie should get to know them. There have been times reading the books, when I wished/hoped Bill would die...... but then a little finger wiggles, and angst continues.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Alcide is cast:

True Blood Casts Werewolf Alcide Herveaux - PEOPLE TV Watch

There’s a hot new werewolf on the scene!

Taylor Lautner may be PEOPLE’s most wanted star in 2010, but True Blood fans will have something to growl about now that the show has cast Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux, who will appear in season 3 as a love interest for Sookie Stackhouse.

In the books by Charlaine Harris that HBO’s hit is based on, the werewolf Alcide helps Sookie (played by Anna Paquin on the show) search for her missing vampire beau Bill Compton (played by Stephen Moyer).

According to EW.com, which first reported the casting news, producers were looking for a “good-looking, rough-around-the-edges, articulate, heroic, and decent” man for the role.

They found their guy in Manganiello, who is best known for playing bartender Owen on One Tree Hill and his recurring role as Brad on How I Met Your Mother.

In another bit of casting news, Emmy-winner Alfre Woodard will guest star on True Blood, according to The Hollywood Reporter, as the mother of Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis), Merlotte’s short-order cook who illegally sold vampire blood.

Tell us: Does Joe Manganiello make a good Alcide? What do you hope for season 3 of True Blood?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thanks Bearcata!

I think casting Joe is a very good match..... I am even more excited now! (if that's possible )
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3787060;
    Thanks Critical! It's that at the beginning at least part that concerns me though......

I want to see Eric with Sookie, but I don't think that Anna and Stephen want that, and I am wondering if Alan will just change it up. Excited for season three nevertheless!!!!!!
    I hope they wouldn't hold that much sway over the storyline...they're not writers...and, for me, I find their 'love story' onscreen more than a little flat and bo-ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3787389;
    I haven't been gung ho about all of the changes AB made to the plot of the books, but I've been okay because he stuck with the spirit of the books. If he veers away from the books so much that he changes the entire trajectory of the story, then I'll be disappointed. I'd be okay if he made the move to Eric/Sookie take a little longer - to be honest, I thought the Bill/Sookie break-up was a bit abrupt in the books - but if he throws out that whole storyline, I don't know how I'd be able to enjoy the show.
    I admit, the possibility of an Eric/Sookie pairup was the reason I ran and bought/read all of the books after Godric's demise on TB. I HAD to know if they ended up together...so I think AB is doing a great job of hinting towards something more between them.

IF he strings us along and then gives us nothing, I'll be and my poor DH will be hearing about it for the remaining episodes.

IF he's only stringing their story along for a little longer, then I can deal with that. Just as long as there's lots of Alex on my screen. Essentially, that's all I care about.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I am a little confused by the recent article in Ausiello's column (Jan 8th).
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Though Alcide isn’t introduced as a potential suitor for Sookie — “As in the book, he’s helping her find [her kidnapped boyfriend] Bill,” Ball notes, “and he has a business reason for owing Eric a favor” — one (bad) thing leads to an (incredibly sexy) other. “He’s there with her during a very painful time in her life — and his life, actually. And they’re thrown into some pretty intense situations together.

I can't tell if Alan is planning to stick with the (book) story, or change that part up.......... is it still a love triangle, or a square? I think I need to reread the book before season 3 comes out.
    Christopher Reeve

Kiz

'True Blood' cast is happy to get naked - CNN.com ... And I, for one, am happy to watch...lol

"True Blood" fans with a taste for male eye-candy can breathe easy: stars Ryan Kwanten and Sam Trammell promise they'll spend very little time in wardrobe for the show's upcoming third season.

"We joke about it -- and who has the record for the most disrobes," says Trammell, who plays the shape-shifting Sam Merlot. "I think Ryan does. But I'm close behind him at this point because I've already disrobed like four or five times this year and I don't think he has at all. I've got to fight that out with him. Ryan is definitely ready to show up and flaunt it, because he's got the bod to back it up. He's probably the least bashful." .. {snip}
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Thanks for the link, Kiz I'm happy to hear about the lack of clothing on our male stars! Frankly, Jason just wore way too much clothing last season, what with all that Fellowship of the Sun nonsense. Sam bare-a$$ naked in that apron last season was one of my favorite moments!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

"He's probably the least bashful."
    and thank goodness for that! The only guy I am not much interested in seeing naked is "Bill"...... sorry Anna/Sookie, he just doesn't do anything for me.
    But Eric, Sam, Jason, and that new guy coming up
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Alcide
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey

Note to Eric: Please join the 'least bashful' group.

+ Reply to Thread