+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 216 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131181 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3772845;
    One word...Netflix. Or any other video rental place. That way if you prove yourself right, you're only out a few bucks as opposed to $40. If you end up liking it better than you thought you would...you can buy the set and won't be wasting your money.
    It's still a waste of money for me to netflix it. I'd still be expending money on something that isn't what I expected it to be. I'd much rather spend that money on buying the next book and call it even. I've divorced myself from the TV show reading the spoilers on here at this point.

How about downloading an episode or two from iTunes? It costs $1.99 per download. That way you are not out that much money.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3773003;
    How about downloading an episode or two from iTunes? It costs $1.99 per download. That way you are not out that much money.
    It's still a waste of money for me. I read the spoilers on here. I like the books. It's fairly obvious he's not going to stick with them. I'm not going to waste any further money on this show. $1.99 is a lot of money to waste on something in this economy.

Oh, is it on itunes? That's good to know. We canceled our HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3773784;
    Oh, is it on itunes? That's good to know. We canceled our HBO.
    season 1 and season 2.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh. When does each season go up?

I read they were going to run them on HBO again in about 3 weeks, but the paper did not say when they might start a new season. When is the next sweeps month?

My favorite thing about that series was Sookie's brother. That actor was awesome.

They have cast Crystal,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jason's wife/ex-wife, wonder if she is going to be a were-panther? Oh and from the description I saw she and Jason have something in common. Does that mean Jason is going to become the half-panther this season? It was because Crystal was seeing Jason and the relative of hers got upset and locked him up in his shed out at Hotshot and tried to turn him. If this happens in any sort of way, then yay to more similar storylines

Interview with Alan Ball about the upcoming season. HBO is so pleased with the show that they have signed for 2 more seasons.
    Alan Ball Interview, Creator of HBO's True Blood Series | buzzymultimedia.com Blog

The following could be good or it could be bad. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
    We’re starting to work on Season Three and we actually are really, really sticking to the books, at the beginning at least.”

Anything Ball can tell us about where Season Three is going? “Season Three is a big Eric [the vampire played by Alexander Skarsgard] season and Season Four is really big for Eric’s character, according to the books.”
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks Critical! It's that at the beginning at least part that concerns me though......

I want to see Eric with Sookie, but I don't think that Anna and Stephen want that, and I am wondering if Alan will just change it up. Excited for season three nevertheless!!!!!!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread