+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 216 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3769356;
    Wow, I think I did this with my mind!

'True Blood' fills Alcide role--The Live Feed | THR

He's pretty Plus, can I just do a over Alfre Woodard!? I LOVE HER! Perfect casting!
    Hmmm, well I guess I see it, although since I also watch One Tree Hill and knew him as Owen the bartender, it's going to take me a bit to get over that. I kind of wish they had cast a total unknown like they did with most of the others but oh well. He has the dark broody look to him and more yummy eye candy!

Okay...casting is pretty much done, now put my show back on the air. And for goodness sakes, can we get Eric and Sookie together for real?

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3769652;
    Hmmm, well I guess I see it, although since I also watch One Tree Hill and knew him as Owen the bartender, it's going to take me a bit to get over that. I kind of wish they had cast a total unknown like they did with most of the others but oh well. He has the dark broody look to him and more yummy eye candy!
    Considering how few people watch OTH, he pretty much IS an unknown! I'm sure he'll "become" Alcide quickly and you'll forget all about Owen.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Joe Manganiello is a hunk, (nice work Critical) makes me want to keep him for myself! I am glad they chose someone good looking for that part, he should be.
    Now Critical - think Debbie Pelt, Debbie Pelt, Debbie Pelt.........
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3770211;
    Now Critical - think Debbie Pelt, Debbie Pelt, Debbie Pelt.........
    I really want them to cast an unknown as Debbie. If AB casts to many "names," it will start to feel like stunt casting. I'm happy with Alfre Woodard, but I don't want the show to become a bunch of Special Guest Appearances. One of thes reason the show works for me is that AB cast mostly unknowns, or at least actors who weren't high profile, with the exception of Anna.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3769326;
    I've seen a lot of fan requests/suggestions on who they would like to see playing Debbie Pelt. Among those named, Sarah Brown (which I kinda feel would be good), and Parker Posey who I've always thought does a great bad girl. I don't care who gets the role, I am just anxious to find out who it will be so that I will have one more thing to look forward too!

What I did hear though, upset me a bit regarding Eric.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Actress-model Natasha Alam (The Bold and the Beautiful) is joining the season 3 cast in the potentially recurring role of Yvetta, Ericís new dancer at Fangtasia. Itís said that Eric engages in a sexual relationship with his newest employee.

Perhaps this is an attempt to get fans to let go of the books storyline, and see AB's storyline as very different. But, I am not sure that I will like it. When I finally let go of "Bill" through reading the books, I don't remember which book 3, or 4...... I completely fell for Eric.

ETA: The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has nominated True Blood as Best Television series and Anna Paquin for Best Actress in a Television series for her role as Sookie Stackhouse in True Blood.
    I would love to see Charisma Carpenter play Debbie. Remember when she was the PITA "it" girl at Sunnydale and could quell everyone with a look?? She recently played a Mord Sith on Legend of the Seeker but she may be too old to play Debbie...

Re: the spoilers --
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I HATE that they're bringing someone in for Eric to have a relationship with. If that's the case, then what's with all the sexual angst with Sookie last season?? Or could this be AB's way to keep Eric's hands clean so to speak in Bill's disappearance so that Sookie doesn't suspect him and can enter a relationship with him without that doubt?? Or maybe this character is going to be to Eric as Alcide will be to Sookie??
    I am loving who they've cast as Alcide. I've never seen him in anything else but I think he fits the bill (and at 6'5", will give Alexander a run for his money!)

All I know is that I've been banking on having the fourth season be about Eric and his growing closer with Sookie ever since I read the book. If they screw me out of that, I'm going to be royally PO'd!! :
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

ďI donít want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my painÖ It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.Ē - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Very true about the actor cast as Alcide being an unknown.

So my next question is if Eric (Alex) is 6'4 and Alcide (Joe) is 6'5, then who in the heck are they going to cast as Quinn down the road???

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3770394;
    Very true about the actor cast as Alcide being an unknown.

So my next question is if Eric (Alex) is 6'4 and Alcide (Joe) is 6'5, then who in the heck are they going to cast as Quinn down the road???
    No kidding! I can't imagine that whoever they cast WON"T be a letdown compared to the Quinn of my very vivid imagination!

Since it seems AB is set on splitting off from the plot of the books, I wonder if we'll even SEE Quinn. After all, it's, what, books 5 and 6 and beyond where he appears.

Nope I bet we see Quinn at some point in time. C'mon, a weretiger?? I don't see AB letting that fun go by. Even if he doesn't end up as a romantic interest of Sookie's, I would think he would show up to referee a were match i.e. the battle between Alcide's dad and the opposer for the leader of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3738794;
    Because from what I've read on here season 2 sufficiently deviated from the books to the point where I had little or not interest. And from what I read on here I wouldn't say that season 2 blew away all fans with the storylines they played to death. I'm not going to invest money in the season 2 dvd's which I was luke warm about knowing it's leading up to those spoilers about season 3. I'd rather just accept I wasted money on season 1 and call it good than beat the dead horse.
    One word...Netflix. Or any other video rental place. That way if you prove yourself right, you're only out a few bucks as opposed to $40. If you end up liking it better than you thought you would...you can buy the set and won't be wasting your money.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread