+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 216 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129179 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

TrueBloodHBO on Twitter has been posting spoilers for S3 all night. Here are a few(and Critical, I know you'll be happy about the first one)....

Click to see Spoiler:
    Are you ready for this?? Alan Ball: "Alexander Skarsgard appears without most of his clothes in the very first episode of S3."

Where Bill has gone all gets answered in ep1 of S3. And we will see Evan Rachel Wood again (the fans are shouting that she was miscast!).

Alan Ball: "There are a big boatload of new characters in S3. Even the Newlins may appear again."

Alan re: Sookie, "There will be more conjecture about what she is and she will be more driven to discover what she is."

What is the THEME for S3? Alan Ball says.... IDENTITY. Who am I? What am I?

Alan: "Bill will not be marginalized. Bill and Sookie will have troubles. But, Bill and Sookie have a connection that will not die."

Fan in the audience, "Can Eric have amnesia in pink spandex?" Alan, "Don't go there." Ha!

There will be more PAM and more NAN FLANAGAN in S3. Put that in your vault.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3738409;
    How would spoilers for season 3 affect your desire to get season 2 on DVD? Most fans will agree that season 2 left season 1 in the dirt.
    Because from what I've read on here season 2 sufficiently deviated from the books to the point where I had little or not interest. And from what I read on here I wouldn't say that season 2 blew away all fans with the storylines they played to death. I'm not going to invest money in the season 2 dvd's which I was luke warm about knowing it's leading up to those spoilers about season 3. I'd rather just accept I wasted money on season 1 and call it good than beat the dead horse.

Personally I can't wait for S3!! I started the TB craze late, watched S2 first, now watching S1 online and then will spend the winter reading the books... anything to feed this new obsession while awaiting S3!! I'm doing it all backwards but enjoying every minute of it!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3738832;
    Personally I can't wait for S3!! I started the TB craze late, watched S2 first, now watching S1 online and then will spend the winter reading the books... anything to feed this new obsession while awaiting S3!! I'm doing it all backwards but enjoying every minute of it!
    Just remember, read them IN ORDER! You'll probably have to go to a big bookstore or on line to find them all, but don't start until you have them all, all lined up. Once you start if one is missing it is just too tempting to just skip over it and go on, and that means when you do get it it isn't nearly as much fun. Enjoy your winter!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3739035;
    Just remember, read them IN ORDER! You'll probably have to go to a big bookstore or on line to find them all, but don't start until you have them all, all lined up. Once you start if one is missing it is just too tempting to just skip over it and go on, and that means when you do get it it isn't nearly as much fun. Enjoy your winter!
    I actually bought the full set knowing myself too well... it's still all wrapped up and unopened just teasing me everyday waiting for that first really cold and snowy day!!

Well, I have loved TB since the start. I started the book series a couple of years ago, and am not disappointed that they are deviating from the books. It is fresh and yet familiar, and I have managed to keep them separate (so far) . I no longer expect the storylines to coincide, and for me that is OK, because it has become a "what if" storytelling experience now.
    Looking forward to Season three. But I have one question
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when they refer to rednecks and Coot....... they are hinting at the werepanthers, right?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Yess, please! Love James Frain--he played Lord Chancellor Cromwell on the Tudors.

'True Blood' exclusive: 'Tudors' star is Franklin Mott!
    by Michael Ausiello

Something tells me Tara’s going to fly through her five stages of grief when True Blood returns next summer.

Tudors star James Frain has just been cast in the heavily recurring role of Franklin Mott, Tara’s over-protective vampire squeeze, sources confirm to me exclusively.

The English actor, whose TV credits include recurring roles on Invasion (as Eli) and 24 (as Paul Raines), will debut in the second episode of the show’s upcoming third season.

The casting breakdown for the role describes Franklin as a tall, dark, and handsome vampire who seems to have an “immediate and torrid” connection to Tara. In the books, Franklin is essentially Tara’s sugar daddy, but I’m guessing Alan Ball is taking the character in a different direction.
    'True Blood' exclusive: 'Tudors' star is Franklin Mott! | Ausiello | EW.com
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

There have been a couple other casting stories in the last month or so, but I can't remember much about them, aside from this one about Franklin Mott. I think the others may have been AB's creations No word yet on Alcide or Debbie Pelt. The article says that Mott is "heavily recurring." I don't remember the character being heavily recurring....

I'm curious to see who they cast as Mickey, since he was so evil. I'll be bummed if AB doesn't do that story, 'cause I "liked" Mickey. He was a good baddie.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've seen a lot of fan requests/suggestions on who they would like to see playing Debbie Pelt. Among those named, Sarah Brown (which I kinda feel would be good), and Parker Posey who I've always thought does a great bad girl. I don't care who gets the role, I am just anxious to find out who it will be so that I will have one more thing to look forward too!

What I did hear though, upset me a bit regarding Eric.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Actress-model Natasha Alam (The Bold and the Beautiful) is joining the season 3 cast in the potentially recurring role of Yvetta, Eric’s new dancer at Fangtasia. It’s said that Eric engages in a sexual relationship with his newest employee.

Perhaps this is an attempt to get fans to let go of the books storyline, and see AB's storyline as very different. But, I am not sure that I will like it. When I finally let go of "Bill" through reading the books, I don't remember which book 3, or 4...... I completely fell for Eric.

ETA: The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has nominated True Blood as Best Television series and Anna Paquin for Best Actress in a Television series for her role as Sookie Stackhouse in True Blood.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3769307;
    No word yet on Alcide .
    Wow, I think I did this with my mind!
    "True Blood" Fills "Alcide" Role
    December 15, 2009
    By Nelllie Andreeva

And the most buzzed-about new role on HBO's "True Blood" next season goes to ... Joe Manganiello.

118520-manganiello_joe_341x182 The "How You Met Your Mother" hunk has landed the recurring part of Alcide, a hot and sexy alpha male werewolf.

Meanwhile, it's been a parents casting week on Alan Ball's vampire drama.

The latest to join the series for an arc is Cooper Huckabee who will play Sam's (Sam Trammell) dad Joe Lee Mickens.

This follows the Monday castings of J. Smith-Cameron as Sam's estranged mother Melinda Mickens and of Alfre Woodard as Lafayette's (Nelsan Ellis) mom.

Manganiello also had a memorable arc on "One Tree Hill" playing a bartender dating Brooke (Sophia Bush).

The actor, whose credits also include a recurring role on "ER" and a part in "Spider-Man 3," is repped by BRS.

Major new cast additions to "True Blood" for season three include Denis O'Hare, Marshall Allman, Theo Alexander and Grant Bowler.

There has been a slew of bit part casting on the show over the past week, including actors Shannon Wells, C.C. Sheffield ("The and the Beautiful") and Natasha Alam.
    'True Blood' fills Alcide role--The Live Feed | THR

He's pretty Plus, can I just do a over Alfre Woodard!? I LOVE HER! Perfect casting!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread