+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 205 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128178 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3713152;
    Cannot emphasize that last bit, IN ORDER, enough! I read one out of order and it messed me up--took all the surprises out of the books I'd skipped as there were refs. to the highlights in the one I'd read.
    Oh yes! (sorry for you PWS)
    I have to admit that most series are best when read in order, but for this series especially, it is very important to follow chronologically. The first book was not my favorite in the series but my interest was peaked enough to order the next couple in the series, and after, that I really became addicted to the book series.

There are differences between TB and the book series. The book is entirely from Sookie's perspective, and the TB show is from multiple perspectives. Some storylines have an alternate ending on the show, and there is no telling how far off course Alan Ball will end up taking the show eventually. But, I enjoy both equally. Just don't expect one to be a carbon copy of the other, think of the show as an expanded, stretched version of the books. (maybe).
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Premium Member

True Blood Spoilers for Season 3, Can't Wait.

Extremely juicy 'True Blood' spoilers below! | Ausiello | EW.com

Click to see Spoiler:
    For a backwater burg with only a single watering hole, Bon Temps sure does have a lot of colorful characters passing in and out (well, those that end up making it out). Case in point: Check out the motley crew Alan Ball and Co. are introducing in season 3 (premiering next summer). While Ball teased some of these arrivals in my recent Q&A, there’s nothing like sinking your teeth into the actual casting notices.
    * Tommy Mickens is a grungy but handsome man in his early ‘20s who just so happens to be Sam Merlotte’s long-lost younger brother. Apparently, at some point he’ll be showing his unadorned backside, which, with Sam’s similar feral tendency towards the “full moon,” proves that they really must be related after all.
    *After his mysterious abduction, Bill finds himself with the latest addition to the True Blood Gallery of Impossibly Attractive Male Vampires (or the TBGIAMV). Talbot, a bitingly (har har) sarcastic vampire with a model’s looks, will appear starting in the second episode as a guide of sorts for the kidnapped vamp.
    * More news on the PYT front is the appearance of Jesus Velasquez, an unordinary orderly with a heart to match his good looks.
    * In a friendly bit of one-upmanship, Tara gets her very own over-protective vampire buddy. And a “sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy” one at that. That’s right, four sexys. Eat that, Sookie. The neckbiter, Franklin Mott, is also clearly in the running for TBGIAMV status.
    * We’ve had vampires, shape-shifters, and demi-gods, and now the next supernatural spook to waltz through Louisiana is…rednecks?! Well, maybe they aren’t so unearthly, but they can sure pack a punch and we can expect a group of them, led by a guy named Coot (of course), to unleash their mobile home magic on some of our dear characters.
    * Jason Stackhouse will find that his notoriously limitless libido has taken a hit, when two NYU girls, Jen and Missy, ménage à try to get him into the sack to little avail.
    * Yvetta, Fangtasia’s new Czechoslovakian dancer, is tremendously hot and comfortable being in the buff. Oh, and she makes lots of sexy time with Eric. (Don’t shoot the messenger!)
    * Tara’s ever-distraught mom turns to the church for comfort (and maybe a little more) in the form of the honorable Reverend Daniels.
    Last edited by Critical; 10-28-2009 at 12:52 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags

PWS
    FORT Fogey

PYT??
    Definitely departing from the books now!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3737982;
    PYT??
    Definitely departing from the books now!
    Shoot I won't be buying season 2 now knowing that's what's coming season 3. I'll be happy with the books.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3737980;
    True Blood Spoilers for Season 3, Can't Wait.

Extremely juicy 'True Blood' spoilers below! | Ausiello | EW.com
    Yep...sounds very juicy. I can't wait either!
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Those spoilers actually make me less excited about season 3
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3738357;
    Sorry guys, I feel bad I forgot the spoilers tags. I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3738357;
    My thought is that seeing that now just saved me the money I would have spent buying season 2 on DVD and for sure saved me the money I would have spent on season 3. It was nice to have the spoiler to solidify that decision in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3738392;
    My thought is that seeing that now just saved me the money I would have spent buying season 2 on DVD and for sure saved me the money I would have spent on season 3. It was nice to have the spoiler to solidify that decision in my head.
    I have to say I agree. I am not thrilled at all with these spoilers. And as of now, no word on Alcide being cast. Supposedly they are casting for Debbie Pelt, they would have to cast Alcide otherwise it's going to change the storyline WAY too much. But I guess that's what he intends to do.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3738392;
    How would spoilers for season 3 affect your desire to get season 2 on DVD? Most fans will agree that season 2 left season 1 in the dirt.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread