+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 216 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127177 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Premium Member

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Dang, I am going to have to find that clip, do you know where I can watch it?

It's on YouTube. Just search for "Torchwood kiss john jack" and you'll find it. It's from the episode called "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang." Not as hot as the kiss between John Barrowman as Capt. Jack and the real Capt Jack, but it was still good

Onto TB news. Did anyone see the stories about Evan Rachel Wood and Alex Skarsgard dating? I'm totally jealous, but I can't blame her. I'd jump him if I had the chance!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Premium Member

Really Evan and Alex are dating, she definitely is lucky. Certainly better taste than her last boyfriend Marilyn Manson.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3709971;
    Really Evan and Alex are dating, she definitely is lucky. Certainly better taste than her last boyfriend Marilyn Manson.
    definitely better than MM...by a mile...or a thousand miles! I thought she was "dating" (i.e. hooking up with) Shane West who, rather creepily, played her brother on Once and Again. I think she's a good actress, but I saw nude photos of her online and she's built like a 12-year old boy. If Alex is into that, then that's disappointing. He's so hot right now that he could have any girl he wanted.

Hey, has anyone else found that they haven't watched the finale again? I watched "Timebomb" and "I Will Rise Up" over and over, but I only watched the finale once. I hope AB gets back to the core characters of the Sookieverse in season 3. Yes, the maenad was in book 2, but it was a very minor storyline. He turned it into one of the main 2 plot lines of the season. This show is at its best when it's focusing on the Supes, the vamps in particular.

I guess I have nine whole months to stew over this!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Premium Member

I only watched the finale once myself, although I did watch the scene with Bill and Sookie dancing in the restaurant more than once. It was so sweet. .

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3709966;
    Onto TB news. Did anyone see the stories about Evan Rachel Wood and Alex Skarsgard dating? I'm totally jealous, but I can't blame her. I'd jump him if I had the chance!
    I haven't seen anything recently, but what I saw a couple of weeks ago was much ado 'bout nothing. They had a picture of them walking side by side (no body contact whatsoever) in New Orleans(?) with a caption that they were dating.

Regarding watching the last episode: I re-watched it, but then I went back an re-watched most of the season, happily fast forwarding on all the maenad scenes. I absolutely adored Tara the first season, but I thought her character really suffered with this story line. I loved the sarcastic, tough as nails Tara, and I hope they bring her back next season.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3709981;
    definitely better than MM...by a mile...or a thousand miles! I thought she was "dating" (i.e. hooking up with) Shane West who, rather creepily, played her brother on Once and Again. I think she's a good actress, but I saw nude photos of her online and she's built like a 12-year old boy. If Alex is into that, then that's disappointing. He's so hot right now that he could have any girl he wanted.

Hey, has anyone else found that they haven't watched the finale again? I watched "Timebomb" and "I Will Rise Up" over and over, but I only watched the finale once. I hope AB gets back to the core characters of the Sookieverse in season 3. Yes, the maenad was in book 2, but it was a very minor storyline. He turned it into one of the main 2 plot lines of the season. This show is at its best when it's focusing on the Supes, the vamps in particular.

I guess I have nine whole months to stew over this!
    ERW Eric .............. Somehow, I don't see that as lasting a very long time. It is not the same as Stephen and Anna, what are he odds?

Last episode not my favorite of the season, but I understand why Alan made a mountain of the mole hill. He wanted to keep the season fresh, and yet still follow the story plots of book two. I am not at all sure we will have many more seasons of that though. I think he will start steering away from the books, but maybe I am wrong. I would like the series to follow the book plots, but continuing with other characters points of view as he has been doing.

I got the impression (and could be way off on this) that he was adhering to the books only in the beginning, and then planned to throw more of his own creativity into the plot development, until the books and series were very independent.... by season four.
    Gradual distancing process.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I am new to the TB craze!!! I just discovered it on HBO, On Demand and can't get through each episode quick enough. I can't believe we have to wait until June to have new ones.

For those of you who have read the books... do you recommend them as well as the series? Maybe it will keep me busy until June!

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3713096;
    I am new to the TB craze!!! I just discovered it on HBO, On Demand and can't get through each episode quick enough. I can't believe we have to wait until June to have new ones.

For those of you who have read the books... do you recommend them as well as the series? Maybe it will keep me busy until June!
    Definitely read the books. In order. They're great.

I get showtime, not HBO. I've been watching clips wherever I can find them but I cannot wait for it to come out on DVD. Anyone know when that might be?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3713111;
    Definitely read the books. In order. They're great.

I get showtime, not HBO. I've been watching clips wherever I can find them but I cannot wait for it to come out on DVD. Anyone know when that might be?
    Cannot emphasize that last bit, IN ORDER, enough! I read one out of order and it messed me up--took all the surprises out of the books I'd skipped as there were refs. to the highlights in the one I'd read.

+ Reply to Thread