+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 214 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Nice that they included Charlaine in the series. That was a good touch. I found the episode great until they showed the next day in bon Temps. It should have been the next seasoner opener! I was disappointed that it fell on Sam and Bill's shoulders to save everyone. For some reason I thought that some of the vampires--Eric for sure--would swoop in and help save the night. But Eric spent the evening playing yachtzee! It seemed odd that we saw Sookie's cousin again--must a story for next year in there. We got hints that there is something weird in Sookie's background from Maryanne.
    Fnny that Andy and Jason were working together when they were enemies last season. And poor Hoyt....

Since Eric had a bigger part in the book then even Bill did in getting rid of MaryAnn - I was disappointed that he wasn't even present for MaryAnn's demise. That is the point when I started enjoying Eric's character more in the books.

I like Bill's hair styled much better this way, then before -thank you Alan for listening to viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy
    I wonder if the engagement ring Bill gave Sookie, is the same engagement ring that Anna received from Stephen.
    I was wondering the same thing all through that part. I wondered if Anna wants to be able to wear her ring, and if they worked that engagement in just so that she will have that opportunity.

Critical: I do think that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Lorena kidnapped Bill, or someone she hired. Isn't that part of the setup for next season? At least in the books, Bill disappears, and Sookie get's help from Eric and the werewolves in finding Bill, and rescuing him? Ugh, Debbie Pelt will show up - another character we will love to hate.
    I don't think Alan will try to make Eric look like anything but a bad boy to love. (to many Eric fans would be angered). I do agree that Eric would be the one to think to buy the dress, (not Bill) but it is Alan's world - this could be a very different alternate world for Sookie.

I loved the show, but felt there were slow parts after killing MaryAnn and Eggs off. I did not feel much of a cliffhanger at all. Perhaps because I know one plot premise for season 3, and was expecting Bill to disappear.
    Anyway, I will miss this show - it has made Sunday evenings something to look forward too (I still have Drop Dead Diva though).
    Anyone planning to tune into "Bored To Death"? (same timeslot True Blood is vacating). Slew of guest stars including Parker Posey, Kristen Wiig, Bebe Neuwirth, Patton Oswalt ........
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Last night's show reminded me, a lot, of how series usually conclude...not a season finale.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

It would be too obvious for it to be Eric, nonetheless, I'm not discounting it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Kiz

I wasn't surprised that Bill gave Sam blood to bring him back from the brink of death. I kind of expected that would happen because the previews made it seem that Bill was forcing Sam, and I didn't think they'd give that much away. I just couldn't figure out Bill could save Sam after they pulled out his heart like they did Daphne's. I thought that stab Sam got was kind of cheating (haha). After Bill came staggering up saying Sam needed more blood than he expected, it was funny when Sookie nonchalantly told Bill to bury Maryann's body. Poor Bill could barely stand at that point.

I felt a little sorry for Eggs. I was more than ready to see him go (for one reason, I hated the name), but for him to die with all that guilt on his shoulders was sad since he was overall a pretty nice guy who had turned his life around...that is, except for the serial murders. Man, am I ever glad that Maryann storyline is finally played out.

I hope Jason, Andy and Sam team up together more next season. They have great comedic chemistry together.

Poor Hoyt, he is such a nice guy and just can't seem to win, although I loved seeing Jessica go on the attack.

I just hope next season they don't get muddled down with some lame (in my opinion) drawn out story like they did with Maryann. It's vampires, werewolves, witches and other creatures that go bump in the night that I relate to...maenads...not so much. I think Ms. Harris was smart to make that a small story in her books. It's an interesting side story, but it was boring to me to see it stretch out the entire season.

I'm sad it's over for this year, but I started re-watching season 2 on On Demand. What a trip it's been!
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3701116;
    It would be too obvious for it to be Eric, nonetheless, I'm not discounting it.
    Eric is the sheriff of the region, and that would be unethical for him to do that; when all he would have to do is say - Bill report to me now, and it would have to be done. For that region, Queen Sophie-Anne has the highest authority, followed by her sheriff, Eric. They rule, and the vamps follow/obey. If Eric wanted Sookie, he has the power to take her (as Bill mentioned in season one. But, that is not Eric's way. Besides right now, he isn't even sure why he is attracted to her. (All he needs is a taste of her blood though )

If you are familiar with Book 3, the "Club Dead" storyline should make it obvious who is behind kidnapping Bill. His disappearance is the main focus of the book. As for the motive, or even how it is resolved, that would be Alan's imagination and creativity. Since he resolved the maenad's disappearance in a different manner then the book..... as you say, anything is possible.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Not enough Eric for me in the last couple of episodes but the finale was okay. I really liked that Sophie Anne finally showed the ruthlessness that made her Queen instead of a bored socialite like in the last episode. Very nice to see Charlaine eating at Merlotte's. I'm glad that Mary Ann & Eggs were both killed off. Cleans the slate for the new characters that are coming. It's too bad that Jason was the one to kill Eggs I hope it doesn't torment him. I like dumb, easygoing, sexy Jason better than tormented Jason.

I see two new main plot lines being setup for next season, Bill's kidnapping / the search for him and Sam's search for his biological parents. I think Bill's kidnapper will turn out to be the same as the one in the book because that will bring Alicide / Debbie into the story. I really don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read the books but come on read the books already. You don't know what you are missing especially Book 4 my fav. I like how Alan Ball does his cliffhangers for the season finales, they seem to lead directly into the storyline from the next book and make it so I can't wait for the next season to start. Last year it was the dead body found in the parking lot and this year the Bill kidnapping. Very well done. Hurry up May (for the new book) and June (for True Blood)!!
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Another interview with Alan Ball, this one with Michael Ausiello at EW.com: Exclusive: 'True Blood' finale postmortem with Alan Ball! | Ausiello | EW.com

He talks about season 2 and what's coming for season 3, including the casting of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the King of Mississippi! It sounds like at least some of book 3 will happen and definitely more than I thought AB would do! He also talks about things that could happen with Lafayette, Tara and Jason. Really good interview for fans of the books

This part made me laugh:
    Is there anything Iím forgetting to ask you?
    BALL: Iím surprised you didnít ask who took Bill.

Who took Bill?
    BALL: It was Hoytís mother.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3701326;
    Another interview with Alan Ball, this one with Michael Ausiello at EW.com: Exclusive: 'True Blood' finale postmortem with Alan Ball! | Ausiello | EW.com

He talks about season 2 and what's coming for season 3, including the casting of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the King of Mississippi! It sounds like at least some of book 3 will happen and definitely more than I thought AB would do! He also talks about things that could happen with Lafayette, Tara and Jason. Really good interview for fans of the books

This part made me laugh:
    Thanks for the link Critical the interview was great.

Did anyone else find it interesting that MaryAnn could control Jason but not Sookie? I thought that was a nice subtle touch. It's little moments like that that make up a really well done series.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thanks Critical!

I can't believe this part:
    Speaking of which, are you surprised at how passionate the Sookie/Eric fans are?
    BALL: Yes. I try not to get involved in that because it just sort of — it’s too confusing. I don’t want it to influence what the show is. Personally, I’m like, yes, Eric’s hot, but beyond that he’s dangerous, and I don’t know if he’d love anybody besides himself. What’s the appeal there? The bad boy? The danger?

Honestly, you don't understand that we are in love with book Eric more then book Bill? !!!!! Did you really read all nine books as you say you did!!!!!!

Eric is 10 times more thoughtful, and romantic then (book) Bill has ever been! Book Bill thinks only about himself, his assignment, what he wants; he may have fallen for Sookie......... but he is not as romantic or caring of a person as Eric. Maybe in Alan's head none of the Bill story will happen as it does in the books Which would be a shame, as that is a very important part of Sookie maturing, growing into the woman we see in later books.
    Fan's love book Eric because he has power, but he knows his priorities; if that's bad boy image then OK - but he has constantly shown sensitivity, compassion and genuine caring for Sookie; as opposed to book Bill, who very often puts himself first.

Why fans are crazy about Eric, because they see book Eric - who may look tough on the outside, but has become more human through his devotion to Sookie then Bill.
    If you make Eric something different - then GRRRRRH!
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread