+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 216 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Urrrgh! I can't believe they ended the season like that!

Bearcata ......fuming for a while.

OK, I was kinda let down a bit, seriously, they needed to top Godric greeting the sun but that didn't happen. I think killing Eggs off made sense instead of all the people that died in the fire that never was as the final orgy per the book. Really, where was the Eggs and Tara relationship going to go anyway. I liked how they tied up the MaryAnn story line. What I see is a lot of set ups for season 3 but I don't know if I can wait until next May. I did like the Andy and Jason bonding and they are the comedy relief of the series. Hopefully, this starts the change of Andy Bellfleur into the better cop he becomes later in the book series.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3700351;
    Urrrgh! I can't believe they ended the season like that!

Bearcata ......fuming for a while.

OK, I was kinda let down a bit, seriously, they needed to top Godric greeting the sun but that didn't happen. I think killing Eggs off made sense instead of all the people that died in the fire that never was as the final orgy per the book. Really, where was the Eggs and Tara relationship going to go anyway. I liked how they tied up the MaryAnn story line. What I see is a lot of set ups for season 3 but I don't know if I can wait until next May. I did like the Andy and Jason bonding and they are the comedy relief of the series. Hopefully, this starts the change of Andy Bellfleur into the better cop he becomes later in the book series.
    I think Andy's ranks will drop again because he is taking the blame of Eggs' death.

This episode was very predictable tonight; after Maryann's death, the episode became even slower.

But I am happy to see Jessica turn murderous

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3700354;
    I think Andy's ranks will drop again because he is taking the blame of Eggs' death.

This episode was very predictable tonight; after Maryann's death, the episode became even slower.

But I am happy to see Jessica turn murderous
    Since Eggs confessed to all those murders, I think that instead it will settle people's memories and maybe give him a tad of the respect he had before he started his drinking binge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3700370;
    Since Eggs confessed to all those murders, I think that instead it will settle people's memories and maybe give him a tad of the respect he had before he started his drinking binge.
    True. But I also think people may start blaming Maryann though for those murders, too. How did Andy know that Eggs was under Maryann's spell when he committed the murders? If Andy knew that it was because Eggs was under Maryann's spell, wouldn't the rest of Bon Tempes think the same? If that's the case, then I predict Andy will take blame for an unnecessary kill and again lose his badge. I figure Eggs' death will come into play next season in how it affects Andy, Jason and Tara. Jason will have this secret he has to keep while Andy takes blame for something he didn't do.

ETA: Nevermind, actually. I realize Andy wasn't under Maryann's spell for nearly as long as the rest of the town. He saw Eggs under Maryann's spell. The rest of Bon Tempes was under her spell at the same time, so none of them would remember. You're probably right

But I still think Eggs' death will strain his ranks somehow. It has to set up something for Andy, and if it's to set up for Season 3, I doubt it will be anything good.

The best reply is what Lafeyette said while listening to everyone's little theories about what happened and he said he forgot how stupid everyone in Bon Tempes was. Andy killing a serial killer after he confesses to all the crimes and while holding the murder weapon, is the easy way out for everyone and I can see people excepting the story because it is the easiest way out. But regardless of what I think I am sure Alan Bell will put a twist on it that none of us saw coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    What I see is a lot of set ups for season 3 but I don't know if I can wait until next May.
    You'll be waiting until June, actually. The new book comes out in May - season 3 of the show starts in June. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I was happy with some things and not so happy with others. There was a serious lack of Eric in this episode, which is always a bad thing. I kept waiting for him to re-appear as the episode continued, but he didn't. That little bit at the beginning felt unfinished to me.

SO happy MaryAnn and Eggs are both gone. Didn't like either of those characters, even though I've always been a fan of Michelle Forbes. Perfect that Sam and Bill teamed up. Sam earned the right to off her for sure. I kept thinking it had to be him as the bull, but couldn't figure out how he'd regain his strength. Nice plot twist there.

I HATED the ending. Are we meant to think that Eric kidnapped Bill, based on his conversation with Sophie-Anne at the beginning of the episode? Book Bill would never have picked out a dress for Sookie. He's not that thoughtful - that's Eric's domain. Nice touch that Eric is selling vamp blood on Sophie's orders.

I know Alan Ball is a fan of the books, but I don't like the demonizing of Eric....and the making of Bill into some white knight.

Best quotes of the episode for me:

Jason: "I love the smell of nail polish in the morning."

Bud: " You might have your faults Andy, but at least you've got pants on."

Random bar skank about Sam: "I'd wear him like a scrunchie." [I agree! ]

ETA: For me, the emotional climax of the season was "I Will Rise Up," so the rest of the season just felt like a let down. They should have killed off MaryAnn weeks ago and then had the vamp storyline finish the season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree that it was a bit of a let down for a season finale. Godric meeting the sun definitely wasn't topped here. However, I love, love, love Evan Rachel Wood as Sophie Anne. Love Jessica out tramping and killing. Love Jason and Andy together - those two crack me up with the one liners. Love the two chicks in the bar discussing theories of what happened and the comment about wearing Sam like a scrunchie. Love Bill and Sookie dancing. Oh, and Lafayette's "worship him, bitches" had me .

Did anyone catch Charlaine Harris' cameo? She was sitting at the bar saying something about that never thinking that could happen around there.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Since Sam drank a whole lotta Bill's blood...does that mean he'll be sexually attracted to Bill now? I just can't see that happening. Hopefully AB thought this one out.

Premium Member

I wonder if the engagement ring Bill gave Sookie, is the same engagement ring that Anna received from Stephen. That would be cool.. But agh about the cliffhanger, we have wait nearly a whole year.. Hopefully they do more than 12 episodes next season, this just sucks.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After these last 3 episodes, I've come to the conclusion that I am through reading the books. The show is, pretty much, it's own entity that I've come to enjoy. The books are the kinds of things that I would have preferred to have read before this show ever began. Too late now! I got a basis from what little I did read, so I'm good.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread