+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 216 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3685029;
    I just watched the season finale preview again and to me it looks like
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Eggs is the one stabbing/sacraficing someone with that big knife. Since you guys have mentioned Lafayette dying in the books (wasn't it by Maryann or someone who works for Maryann?), then wouldn't it be possible that it's Lafayette who Eggs sacrafices for Maryann?
    In the books, the maenad's name is Callisto and she's around for a few days. Lafayette is killed really early on in the book and it's someone local who does it, although I can't remember who it is at the moment (good grief, my memory is shot). It's not anyone who's a regular on the TV show and it doesn't have anything to do with the maenad. I didn't put that in spoiler tags because we all talked about Lafayette's fate in the books vs. the show upthread. I doubt AB would kill off Lafayette - he's one of the most popular characters.

One of the jokes in the series is that Merlotte's can't keep a cook and Fangtasia can't keep a bartender. In the case of the latter especially, they keep getting killed, often when Sookie's around.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I HATE the Maryann storyline. I'm excited for season 3 because she will be gone! Every scene in the house just made me feel sick.
    Oh, me too. What they've done to Sookie's poor house...nasty. If it is possible to kill MaryAnn, I hope they figure out how to do it. I wanted to smack Tara's mom - what a dumbass, letting her go off to get repossessed by MaryAnn. And now she's got Lafayette, too. Grr.

Eric did look rather delicious in that suit, didn't he? Pam's sneering at the children cracked me up: "I'll be smelling them for days!" as Eric laughed.

And at Lafayette's furry handcuffs.

I can't blame Jessica for what she did, that woman would have driven me nuts too. I hope she and Hoyt can get past it.

Andy's reaction to Jason talking about Sam changing into a chicken and laying an egg, then eating it later, cracked me up. The whole conversation in the truck was great, really.

Do we really have to wait two weeks for the finale? Sigh.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3685034;
    In the books, the maenad's name is Callisto and she's around for a few days. Lafayette is killed really early on in the book and it's someone local who does it, although I can't remember who it is at the moment (good grief, my memory is shot). It's not anyone who's a regular on the TV show and it doesn't have anything to do with the maenad. I didn't put that in spoiler tags because we all talked about Lafayette's fate in the books vs. the show upthread. I doubt AB would kill off Lafayette - he's one of the most popular characters.

One of the jokes in the series is that Merlotte's can't keep a cook and Fangtasia can't keep a bartender. In the case of the latter especially, they keep getting killed, often when Sookie's around.
    Well I hope you are right. Eggs just seems like a character that is so expendible to me; I will be surprised if he doesn't die somehow before the season ends. But If you look at the previews you can clearly see Eggs holding up something with his arms and then bringing it down in a stabbing motion, followed by a bloody knife in what appears to be a dark-skinned hand. I'm assuming Eggs has been doing a lot of Maryann's sacraficial work for her. So if it's not Eggs who is sacraficed (and it's obviously not going to be Sam), then who could it possibly be?

Even though Lafayette is a great character, I can't really see his story going anywhere anymore and I'm sure if AB feels the same way, he will kill him off. Jessica's story I think is also coming to an end...perhaps she offers herself as a sacrafice (her vampire life seems to be going downhill fast. She went from utter excitement to being a vampire to constantly discovering more and more problems). But as Queen Sophie-Ann mentioned, maenads aren't into the whole non-beating heart thing.

Ah well, I bet we won't find out who dies until season 3 starts. Didn't AB say we're ending on another cliffhanger? I bet that's the cliffhanger!

Kiz

I don't see the sacrifice being Lafayette because he's not a supe and because Bill threatened Eric about the V he has Lafayette selling. I think that will become a storyline in the next season. I wondered if Eric is just making some extra money on the side with the V or if there's an ulterior motive.

Is that a coincidence that Eggs (Benedict) and Tara are watching over a humongo egg..hmm? I always thought was a really silly nickname, but maybe it's going to be incorporated into the script. I also think this is going to be a cliffhanger, but don't believe one of the supes will actually die, but we're going to be left with that possibility. I also think Eggs will meet his demise, but I think Tara will survive.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3685034;

Lafayette (in the books) was killed off by some of the people at the sex party/orgy, and I think that was the only reason Sookie went to the party; so that she could read minds and find out what they knew. She actually solved the crime, but it didn't matter as the maened killed the murderers. That was also when Sookie renewed her old friendship with Tara.

Since Alan does not have to follow the books - I think Lafayette will be around for a long time. He is a "much loved by viewers" character, and I think I read somewhere - one of AB favorites. The actor is doing a great job!

I loved the "Goodbye tiny humans." part also Critical, and loved Pam rolling her eyes when Eric asked for "Sookie" as his return favor from Sam. Eric just won't give up!

Queen SA made it seem like MaryAnn could be killed even though the book maened killed off most of the party goers (only a few handful of people in the book) and then went on her merry way. Since Alan has the right to write any storyline he wants for the TB series, anything is possible. I would be as happy to see MaryAnn killed off on screen, as I was to find Lafayette alive at beginning of this season. I loved him in the book (he was always kind to Sookie), and was genuinely sorry that he was killed off.

MisterSSS
    - I suspect that Eggs will also die on TB, but as to the victim in next weeks show....... perhaps he stabs Tara? That would help her get over him, if he does die?

waywyrd I loved the male bonding in the truck between Andy and Jason and that part "Andy's reaction to Jason talking about Sam changing into a chicken and laying an egg, then eating it later, cracked me up." "rofl
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Ok I'm waiting for the season to come out on DVD but Sam changing into a chicken and laying an egg.... is it possible for him to change gender while changing form? I assumed you stayed the same gender and just changed form.... Roosters don't lay eggs.

I'm not sure if I'm as into Sam changing into a bunch of different stuff. I prefer him just being a dog and being him.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3685459;
    Lafayette (in the books) was killed off by some of the people at the sex party/orgy, and I think that was the only reason Sookie went to the party; so that she could read minds and find out what they knew. She actually solved the crime, but it didn't matter as the maened killed the murderers. That was also when Sookie renewed her old friendship with Tara.

Since Alan does not have to follow the books - I think Lafayette will be around for a long time. He is a "much loved by viewers" character, and I think I read somewhere - one of AB favorites. The actor is doing a great job!

I loved the "Goodbye tiny humans." part also Critical, and loved Pam rolling her eyes when Eric asked for "Sookie" as his return favor from Sam. Eric just won't give up!

Queen SA made it seem like MaryAnn could be killed even though the book maened killed off most of the party goers (only a few handful of people in the book) and then went on her merry way. Since Alan has the right to write any storyline he wants for the TB series, anything is possible. I would be as happy to see MaryAnn killed off on screen, as I was to find Lafayette alive at beginning of this season. I loved him in the book (he was always kind to Sookie), and was genuinely sorry that he was killed off.

MisterSSS
    - I suspect that Eggs will also die on TB, but as to the victim in next weeks show....... perhaps he stabs Tara? That would help her get over him, if he does die?

waywyrd I loved the male bonding in the truck between Andy and Jason and that part "Andy's reaction to Jason talking about Sam changing into a chicken and laying an egg, then eating it later, cracked me up." "rofl
    That is, in the book he was killed well before the party--but Sookie et al. suspected the killer would be at the party when they found out about L's love life, and went to it so Sookie could listen for a killer's thoughts.

Which was the Eric/pink spandex scene in the book wasn't it? He changed kind of that whole story line in the show from the sounds of it.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3685782;
    Which was the Eric/pink spandex scene in the book wasn't it? He changed kind of that whole story line in the show from the sounds of it.
    Yup the pink spandex scene was the orgy scene.

I made the mistake of watching MTV's Dance Crew and True Blood at the same time last. That was not a good idea and it really seemed as this was a really bad episode of True Blood, filler for the finale. I watched the repeat tonight and was impressed. I had the impression from Sunday night that they was a lot of Tara, Mrs. Thornton and MaryAnn and I just didn't want to deal with too much of that. I liked how AB get switching back and forth between Andy & Jason, Bill and the Queen, Sookie and Lafayette and Sam interacting with Arlene's children, Andy and Jason and Eric. There were quite a few precious moments and great one liners. The scenes between Sookie and Lafayette talking about the sex dreams they were having featuring Eric were priceless as was the interaction of Andy and Jason bonding in the truck and preparing to go to war. The confrontation between Eric and Bill was also outstanding. Ugh, I wish this season had more episodes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread