+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 212 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3684603;
    I went to the official site today to order some True Blood, so that, like the ultimate TB geek, I could have some to drink during the finale. They're not shipping until 9/28. I think they probably sold out and are making more, but I'm still annoyed.
    Now that's a fangirl! I was actually looking at some of the t-shirts they had, the Merlotte's shirt was cute. I wonder if we can get the TruBlood anywhere else?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3684619;
    Now that's a fangirl! I was actually looking at some of the t-shirts they had, the Merlotte's shirt was cute. I wonder if we can get the TruBlood anywhere else?
    I wanted a Fangtasia t-shirt, but they don't have the same catchphrase as in the books. I think it's "The Bar With Bite" in the books and the HBO ones says something like "Life Begins at Night."

I wish they sold True Blood somewhere else, but I think it's just online now. I'm sure for a nominal fee, we could find it on ebay!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kiz

Funny that almost every episode title is the title of the song that runs over the credits.

I went to the official site today to order some True Blood, so that, like the ultimate TB geek, I could have some to drink during the finale. They're not shipping until 9/28. I think they probably sold out and are making more, but I'm still annoyed.

I never noticed that the title of the episode is almost always the same as the song!

I drink Boost Protein shakes occasionally, and they come in red plastic bottles. Every time my husband sees me drinking one, he says it reminds him of True Blood. I told him I was going to dye a strawberry flavor deep red for the season finale..maybe you could substitute..haha
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

There is blood orange soda lots of places, even target! It just would have to be served creatively as it is not in a "True Blood" bottle. I bought both the Merlotte's waitress t and the red fangtasia one. I ordered the fangtasia one XL even though I am a size 4 because I'm gonna wear it just like Sookie did, with nothing under it! I also go the Merlotte's coffee mug and it is sooo authentic, one of those really heavy, old-fashioned coffee shop mugs. Love it!

After it was announced at Comic-con, the first shipping date was Sept 8, but as more and more people started ordering it the ship date has changed. I have no idea if it is do to the limited quantity as you suggest or if they did not expect such a huge response and the ability to fulfill orders is the reason for the delay. I am tempted to order some myself.

I am so ready for MaryAnn to die - and am disappointed that it has not happened already!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I don't think she is going to die since she didn't die in the books and technically I am not sure she can.

Yay for seeing Eric able to fly!

Was the man in the kitchen sink pulling out his own intestines? I couldn't tell what was going on there! Poor Lafayette!

"Yahtzee!!!
    That was classic!

Another great episode made greater by the presence of, not only Eric (in that yummy suit ), but PAM!....in blood red leather, no less. I love that her beef with Maryann is a ruined pair of shoes.

"Goodbye tiny humans." Eric and the kids was hilarious.

I HATE the Maryann storyline. I'm excited for season 3 because she will be gone! Every scene in the house just made me feel sick. The thing with the fingers I know they won't kill Sookie, but almost everyone else is up for grabs now that we know AB isn't sticking to the books. I'm hoping Eggs will get sacrificed and everyone will be saved.

So did Bill know who Hadley is before she told him? It was hard to tell from his reaction to her. That whole Daisy Mae stuff isn't cutting it. Maybe she's just like that until
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sophie-Ann turns her

I love that they're giving Jason some more depth and giving (hopefully) Andy a way to redeem himself. After all, aside from the drinking, he's been pretty dead on about what's going on in town.

Poor Jessica I hope she and Hoyt can work things out.

Of course, Lafayette is having sex dreams about Eric too. While I think Nelsan and Alex have great chemistry, I'd rather watch the Sookie and Eric sex dreams 'cause you KNOW Lafayette is a freak!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I missed the episode. Can someone please spoil me about what happened with Hoyt/Jessica

Edit: Never mind... It's a trending topic on twitter now Man I am bummed.
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 08-30-2009 at 11:52 PM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I just watched the season finale preview again and to me it looks like
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Eggs is the one stabbing/sacraficing someone with that big knife. Since you guys have mentioned Lafayette dying in the books (wasn't it by Maryann or someone who works for Maryann?), then wouldn't it be possible that it's Lafayette who Eggs sacrafices for Maryann?

+ Reply to Thread