+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 214 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3682363;
    You are so funny. I understand what you mean, and most of the time I could care less who is kissing who (or is it whom?). I don't really believe these people are anything more then acting; but occasionally, some chemistry between the two performing makes it a little more believable.

I am on "team Eric" and they can show me as much smooching between Sookie and Eric as they want (and I will enjoy it more then watching her kiss Bill); because I know the full story with each of these characters.
    I'm the same way - don't really care to see people kissing just to see them kissing but, sometimes (like the Sookie and Eric dream sequences), the chemistry is so good, I'm all on board!

You should definitely check out Torchwood, It would never fly on American TV, which is probably why I like it so much.

LOVE the quote from ERW about having watched Alex in that nude shower scene! Why lie, I've seen it too and it's HOT!

ETA: In case anyone's interested, Entertainment Weekly named the cast of True Blood Entertainer of the Month for August! The biggest picture is the one of Alex
    Last edited by Critical; 08-28-2009 at 10:16 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3682616;
    I'm the same way - don't really care to see people kissing just to see them kissing but, sometimes (like the Sookie and Eric dream sequences), the chemistry is so good, I'm all on board!

You should definitely check out Torchwood, It would never fly on American TV, which is probably why I like it so much.

LOVE the quote from ERW about having watched Alex in that nude shower scene! Why lie, I've seen it too and it's HOT!

ETA: In case anyone's interested, Entertainment Weekly named the cast of True Blood Entertainer of the Month for August! The biggest picture is the one of Alex
    As soon as I saw the link embedded in the article - I clicked it.
    Why lie, it was fantastic!!!!

I found all three seasons of Torchwood online, and look forward to viewing them. Thanks for mentioning it!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3682659;

I found all three seasons of Torchwood online, and look forward to viewing them. Thanks for mentioning it!
    Where??? PM me if you can't post it. Please.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3682659;
    Same here...even though the captions kept getting in the way.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

In case there are some Alex Skarsgard fans who aren't fans of "Eric Northman" on Facebook, here's a link to some really great pics of Alex:
    Alexander Skarsgård by Chris Maluszynski - Images | MOMENT ARCHIVE

Is it hot in here?

Less than six hours until a new episode!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3682616;
    It's (sort of) already on American TV. Cable.

BBC America channel.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3684517;
    It's (sort of) already on American TV. Cable.

BBC America channel.
    But it's not MADE by an TV American network and that was my point

Thanks for the link, Critical - I saved a few for future avatars.

Less than two and a half hours! There aren't many shows I anticipate like this one. And hopefully they won't gyp us out of those last ten minutes like they did last week.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Kiz

I just told my husband that I usually dread Sunday night because it's the end of the weekend, but now I can't wait for it to get here.

In addition to the great dialog and story lines, I've really enjoyed the music this season. I've always liked the opening, but it seems they've been more creative with the music they run during the ending credits.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3684589;
    I just told my husband that I usually dread Sunday night because it's the end of the weekend, but now I can't wait for it to get here.

In addition to the great dialog and story lines, I've really enjoyed the music this season. I've always liked the opening, but it seems they've been more creative with the music they run during the ending credits.
    Me too! Funny that almost every episode title is the title of the song that runs over the credits. I hardly EVER actually watch the credits for any other show, but I always sit through the ones for TB! I was so disappointed when the song that ran during the credits of "Shake and Fingerpop" wasn't available on iTunes! Apparently, the band is going to be releasing a CD soon, but I wanted that instant gratification.

ITA - Sunday is the best night of TV! First True Blood, then (sorry, it's fluffy, but I love it!) Drop Dead Diva, then Mad Men and in a month, Dexter is coming back!

Way - ITA, this episode had BETTER be longer than 45 minutes! Last week, when the credits ran, I was like "WTF?"

I went to the official site today to order some True Blood, so that, like the ultimate TB geek, I could have some to drink during the finale. They're not shipping until 9/28. I think they probably sold out and are making more, but I'm still annoyed.

+ Reply to Thread