+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 205 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3680589;
    Don't know, but it doesn't do a thing for me. Guess I'm too hetero - I don't like same sex love scenes of either variety. Actually, not all men like to see two women together. Both my husband and my boss think it's a turn-off. But . . to each his/her own.
    For me it depends on the people in question. Do I want to see John Goodman and Steve Buscemi make out? Hell no! On the other hand, John Barrowman has made out with several different men on Torchwood and I don't mind that one bit. When his Capt. Jack kissed the real Capt. Jack in season 1, it was hot. (<---me, after watching)

If ERW and the person in question have good chemistry, that's more important to me. There are some hetero couples on TV or in movies who have no chemistry and watching love scenes with them is just painful.

I've never been sexually attracted to another woman, but I'm extremely open-minded about other people's sexuality.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3680589;
    Don't know, but it doesn't do a thing for me. Guess I'm too hetero - I don't like same sex love scenes of either variety. Actually, not all men like to see two women together. Both my husband and my boss think it's a turn-off. But . . to each his/her own.
    I've dated men who were absolutely repulsed by my bisexuality. Didn't matter if I was just with them they hated the idea that I was with another woman. So I know for sure not all men like that idea but some do. Some get even more disappointed to find out when I'm with women... I'm not with men.

That being said. I think love scenes of any variety are overdone and hokey honestly. I just pay so little attention to them that it doesn't bother me in the least to see anyone with anyone else.

But at the same time this is a vampire series and lets face it for the vast majority of vampire books, homoeroticism is a theme. While it is a theme in this series it is treated as normal as normal can be which I always appreciated. They never made a big deal about it. It just is what it is and there are other more interesting parts of the story to get hung up. And I for one appreciate my reality being portrayed, at least in the book, as not something to be ashamed of... to hide or to gawk at.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3680696;
    For me it depends on the people in question. Do I want to see John Goodman and Steve Buscemi make out? Hell no! On the other hand, John Barrowman has made out with several different men on Torchwood and I don't mind that one bit. When his Capt. Jack kissed the real Capt. Jack in season 1, it was hot. (<---me, after watching)

If ERW and the person in question have good chemistry, that's more important to me. There are some hetero couples on TV or in movies who have no chemistry and watching love scenes with them is just painful.

I've never been sexually attracted to another woman, but I'm extremely open-minded about other people's sexuality.
    OMG, I saw a bit of that scene and had to turn away it was so intimate.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3680959;
    OMG, I saw a bit of that scene and had to turn away it was so intimate.
    I just watched it again on YouTube and it made me cry (search "Torchwood Jack kiss"). I'm such a softie.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have never seen or even heard of Torchwood but I just looked up that scene and it was SO tender and sweet.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's a common belief/stereotype in American society that straight men like to watch lesbian sex though.... I remember a whole episode of some Seinfeld like comedy in which 2 women tricked a guy into thinking he could watch them have sex and in exchange he did a million errands for them....and other men let him jump lines, etc., when he explained what his reward would be, because they thought the reward was so fantastic. It was one of those "jokes" that make no sense if you don't know what the stereotype is (like jokes about the Scots being stingy), and help teach/support the stereotype.

Well, wandering off topic.... anyway, I agree, it's nice to see bisexuality seen as not even worth discussing. In the books Sookie isn't quite that blase about non-heterosexual sex, at least at the start, but she seems to come to be.

It's nice to have it portrayed as just as normal as a hetero relationship. I'm sick of my kind of relationships being everyone's freak shows. I'm normal just like everyone else. She eventually just gets used to it in the books after being surrounded by it for so long from what I got.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3681012;
    I just watched it again on YouTube and it made me cry (search "Torchwood Jack kiss"). I'm such a softie.
    Beautifully done, and it brought tears to my eyes as well. I never watched Torchwood, but may have to look it up at hulu...... (I watch the Dresden Files there, unfortunately for me was not reading Jim Butcher books when it aired.)

For some TB spoilers:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Nelsan Ellis(Lafayette) tells us that no one character single-handedly takes Maryann out, but rather it's a "group effort" by all of the good guys.

From E online comes this spoiler, hmmmm might answer the question of who ERW will get steamy with:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Evan Rachel Wood, who makes her devilish debut on the show this coming Sunday playing the 1,100-year-old bloodsucker boss lady of Louisiana, says she could end up having sex scenes with any of her costars.

"She's not necessarily a lesbian," Wood, 21, recently explained to me. "Her human partner is a girl, but I'm pretty sure she goes both ways [laughs]. I think vampires are like that in general."

And they also don't mind getting naked! Read on to hear what Ms. Wood has to say about stripping down on the hit HBO series and watching Alexander Skarsgård take a shower.
    I want to know who you are going to have sex with. Are you more Eric or Bill, and what kind of drama is Queen Sophie-Ann starting?
    "I figured that those would be the questions! Who do I have sex with? Well, I don't know if I am having sex with anyone yet, but I certainly have a steamy scene with someone that I don't think you'd really expect. So it will be a little fun."
    So no Eric or Bill? Because I think that is what everyone is assuming.
    "Um, I'm not saying anything. I can't say either way."
    So are you Team Eric or Team Bill?
    "I would say, Team Alex—Eric! Whoops. [Laughs]"
    Have you seen the clip of Alex's shower scene in Hundtricket?
    "I am not going to lie. Yes I have."

Is it Sunday yet?!!!!!!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't like seeing 2 women kiss; I really don't like seeing 2 men kiss. Anymore, I don't even like watching a man and a woman kiss because I can't help but thinking, "Who knows where your mouth has been?"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3682336;
    I don't like seeing 2 women kiss; I really don't like seeing 2 men kiss. Anymore, I don't even like watching a man and a woman kiss because I can't help but thinking, "Who knows where your mouth has been?"
    You are so funny. I understand what you mean, and most of the time I could care less who is kissing who (or is it whom?). I don't really believe these people are anything more then acting; but occasionally, some chemistry between the two performing makes it a little more believable.

I am on "team Eric" and they can show me as much smooching between Sookie and Eric as they want (and I will enjoy it more then watching her kiss Bill); because I know the full story with each of these characters.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread