+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 216 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Eggs was in the books, too? I'm not sure what his fate in the books is, but I just can't see the writers of the show doing anything with his character after his season. I get the inkling that Maryann has to have her sacrafice in order to leave, and it ends up being Eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3678421;
    Eggs was in the books, too? I'm not sure what his fate in the books is, but I just can't see the writers of the show doing anything with his character after his season. I get the inkling that Maryann has to have her sacrafice in order to leave, and it ends up being Eggs.
    The only thing about Eggs that's the same in the books is his name. He's just another in a line of Tara's boyfriends. Really, we don't see much of Tara for the first few books and she's completely different from the character in the show.

It's a good theory about his fate too. I wouldn't be too sad if he got offed. I liked Tara with Sam.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm not impressed with his character, nor his name. I think he could leave and no one would miss him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3678438;
    The only thing about Eggs that's the same in the books is his name. He's just another in a line of Tara's boyfriends. Really, we don't see much of Tara for the first few books and she's completely different from the character in the show.

It's a good theory about his fate too. I wouldn't be too sad if he got offed. I liked Tara with Sam.
    Thanks for clearing that up about the books. It's obvious Maryann won't get ahold of Sam for her sacrafice, and I'm pretty sure she can't die, so the only reasonable explanation I can think of her leaving is if she gets her sacrafice. The only problem is, I can't see how or why Eggs would be a satisfying sacrafice for her. I'd think she'd want to sacrafice something more powerful, like Sam.

But isn't sacraficing Sam almost the same as sacraficing Daphne, since they were both shape-shifters?

I'm not impressed with his character, nor his name. I think he could leave and no one would miss him.
    I do agree that he seems pretty bland, and I'm not too impressed with his acting skills.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The only good thing about Eggs are his abs. Believe it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3678092;
    But to answer your question, Eric seems to prefer women.

He does talk about his sexual relationship with his maker - who is NOT Godric (or Godrey in the book) - in book 9, although it's not something he was enthusiastic about. I think he basically says he learned to deal with it and, heck, knowing Eric, he probably got to like it.

On another note: Happy 33rd Birthday to Alex Skarsgard!!!

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    The only good thing about Eggs are his abs. Believe it!
    WORD
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Who is John Galt?

I DO NOT want to see Eric in pink spandex w/wo a boa and I DO NOT want him to be bi-sexual!!! He is much much hotter and sexier as a hetero vamp. Layfayette is terrific and does the masc/fem thing very well, but he is enough. Eric as a manly, sexy vamp who will bite anyone regardless of gender, but only will have sex with females can be my fantasy. However, if he is bi - there goes any fantasy I have or desire to see him with Sookie. I don't want Bill to be bi either (guess I won't be reading the books).

I think in the 2nd book, Tara and Eggs were engaged. From what I recall, Eggs was the one into the orgy thing, and she was just a go-a-longer. In the books,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Tara was rescued by Sookie and Eric, she was pulled out of the party before MaryAnn started killing everyone. I remember Sam being there, and Andy along with Bill and Eric. The vamps set the place on fire to "cleanup the mess" and provide a reason as to why all those people died.

Have no idea how Alan will rid us of MaryAnn, I just hope that he does!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3678456;
    I do agree that he seems pretty bland, and I'm not too impressed with his acting skills.

A few seasons ago on Desperate Housewives, he played the neighbor with the mentally disturbed brother they kept locked in the basement. The one that dated Danielle, Bree's daughter. I didn't like him then, either.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3678497;
    I DO NOT want to see Eric in pink spandex w/wo a boa and I DO NOT want him to be bi-sexual!!! He is much much hotter and sexier as a hetero vamp. Layfayette is terrific and does the masc/fem thing very well, but he is enough. Eric as a manly, sexy vamp who will bite anyone regardless of gender, but only will have sex with females can be my fantasy. However, if he is bi - there goes any fantasy I have or desire to see him with Sookie. I don't want Bill to be bi either (guess I won't be reading the books).
    Their sexuality is not an over riding theme in the book other than with characters like Pam. It's mentioned in passing for the most part. I don't know I'm indifferent to their sexual preferences. Figured, like I believe was mentioned in the book, that he's been around so long that you tend to experiment at some point. But then again bisexuality is normal for me.

+ Reply to Thread