+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 216 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3677229;
    Paraphrasing Animal House (): Thank you sir, may I have another ... and make it a full hour please.
    OWWWW!
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Andy HAS been in Mary Ann's presence when she was controlling people. He walked up into the middle of the orgy when everybody had saucer eyes/bug eyes! I would think that she would have "flipped him" if he were flippable.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3676601;
    Well, as I've often mentioned, I'm often wrong..lol You're probably right.
    I can't help but wonder though if the "love" was actually due to Maryanne's powers over her, because of the back clawing situation? . Hm...
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3677431;
    Andy HAS been in Mary Ann's presence when she was controlling people. He walked up into the middle of the orgy when everybody had saucer eyes/bug eyes! I would think that she would have "flipped him" if he were flippable.
    She had already cast her spell, - wasn't that the time he shot the gun into the air? She had been doing her dancing moves by that time, but she cast her spell first, then shimmy's & dances out of enjoyment. (I think). Anyway, Andy doesn't have any special abilities that I know of, just lucky enough to not be there at the time. He is a descendant of Bill's but that doesn't give him any special super powers. In the book
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Andy, Tara, Sam, and of course Sookie are the only ones saved..... besides Bill and Eric; but then in the book there were only a few people at the party/orgy, not the whole town.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

With all of her power, I can't believe she can't pull somebody in whenever she wants to...but this is AB's story, not mine. About her dances..I think she goes into a trance, praising her god. It's obvious that she goes to another level/place.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a question...

Can't Sam transform himself into a fly whenever he wants? So was he never in any real danger then? I get that he waited for Jason to play God and "smite" him before turning into a fly to get all the townsfolk to leave the bar, but couldn't he have just turned into a fly from the very beginning and head over to his bar and avoid all the chaos that followed? I guess he didn't do that because he wanted to help Arlene (so I just answered my own question)

But even if he were really captured...again, couldn't he have just turned into a fly? All the possessed townspeople are apparently blacked out anyway, so he can still keep his powers a secret when everyone is snapped back to reality (if they are snapped back to reality..)

Also, what does glamouring someone mean in True Blood terms? I've heard that word a couple times this season and have always forgotten to ask.

Overall, it was a fun episode. I was surprised Tara was so happy to see her mother again and was willing to give her a hug. The last time Tara was conscious I thought she hated her mother still. I also thought Tara was blacked out during her spell with Maryann's energy, but she seemed like she knew she did something wrong when she came to.

When someone is glamored, their memory of what they've just seen/been involved in is erased.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3677617;
    When someone is glamored, their memory of what they've just seen/been involved in is erased.
    Ah, gotcha. Thank you, prhoshay.

Glamoring also involves swaying people to your will or getting them to give you information. In the books Charlaine explains it much better. It's one of the ways that vamps who want to feed on people (vs. synthetic blood) can get them to submit. Remember the guy in the airport who tried to kidnap Sookie? Both Bill and then Jessica glamored him to get the information they needed and to alter his memory. In the first or second episode of the series, Bill tries to glamor Sookie and it doesn't work - she just laughs at him.

Mike'sgirl, I actually LOVE the maenad storyline in the books (because it's so short) - what's not to like about Eric in pink and purple spandex?

Did Jessica live out the ultimate mother-in-law fantasy or what? How many women with nightmare mol's wouldn't LOVE to do what she did to Mrs. Fortenberry!?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Finally watched the episode! Jason on the car was SO funny! I was laughing out loud.

I cannot WAIT to see how Jessica/Hoyt/Hoyt's mom turns out. Oh my gosh.
    I hope Jessica and Hoyt's relationship can weather this.
    I want them to stay the one adorable happy thing on the show.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread