+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 205 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Yes, that is a good question. Why is Andy the only one not affected? Maybe he is related to Sookie in some round about way??? Maybe he has powers of his own, so far untapped....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't I remember Sookie saying, once, that "supers" aren't affected like regular people? Can't help but wonder if Andy is a "super" and hasn't discovered it yet. Jason has not been affected either, has he?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQB;3676327;
    I know ya'all are gone tonight, but I just watched tonight's episode and WOW! I was totally blown away! I'm glad Eric is playing a bigger part, too (Holy cow, that opening scene ROCKED MY WORLD!) And ITA that it was way too short too! I have a question, though - it has been awhile since I read the books, but isn't it a little early for the Queen to show up? Just wondering...Again, loved, loved, LOVED! tonight's show and I will be very sad in 2 weeks when this season ends! Btw, so glad FoRT has a True Blood thread - thanks whoever set this up! :-)
    Alan Bell is overlapping book 2 and book 3 here in season 2 like he overlapped book 1 and book 2 in season 1. It looks as if he likes to have a couple of story arcs going to keep thinks interesting.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3676533;
    Don't I remember Sookie saying, once, that "supers" aren't affected like regular people? Can't help but wonder if Andy is a "super" and hasn't discovered it yet. Jason has not been affected either, has he?
    Lafayette, Tara's mom, and Hoyt haven't been affected either (also neither had the sheriff until MaryAnn cornered him at the jail). I think it's going to be that Andy hasn't been in the proximity of MaryAnn when she's cast her evil net.

I could be wrong though, and it sure wouldn't be the first time.

I just remembered Daphne could be held under MaryAnn's control even though she was a shape-shifter. MaryAnn's brutal claw must have unleashed some sort of power control over the "supe". Good thing Sookie got "medical" treatment to rid her of the poison.
    Last edited by Kiz; 08-24-2009 at 11:22 AM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3676550;
    Lafayette, Tara's mom, and Hoyt haven't been affected either (also neither had the sheriff until MaryAnn cornered him at the jail). I think it's going to be that Andy hasn't been in the proximity of MaryAnn when she's cast her evil net.

I could be wrong though, and it sure wouldn't be the first time.

I just remembered Daphne could be held under MaryAnn's control even though she was a shape-shifter. MaryAnn's brutal claw must have unleashed some sort of power control over the "supe". Good thing Sookie got "medical" treatment to rid her of the poison.
    Didn't Daphne say she wasn't under MaryAnne's control, but just did what she wanted "out of love"?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3676565;
    Didn't Daphne say she wasn't under MaryAnne's control, but just did what she wanted "out of love"?
    Well, as I've often mentioned, I'm often wrong..lol You're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3676454;
    Some questions on tonight's episode.. when Sookie touched MaryAnn was that her fey power that knocked Maryann down? Also why is Andy immune to the maenad power?
    I agree with everyone about Sookie
    Click to see Spoiler:
    having fairy blood and her grandfather said it was stronger in her then in Jason, so I think that is why MaryAnn was so affected.
    But, I also noticed that Tara changed when her mother started praying. I wonder if they had continued with that, if that would have helped Tara. I have a feeling that maeneds and fairy's are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Andy, was never present at the start of MaryAnn's chanting, spell casting. He would stumble in afterward. I think anyone not supernatural would be affected, he was just not in right place at right time.... a step behind everyone.

It is early for Hadley to appear I think but not the Queen, since it is the set up for season three. However this is Alan's Ball game (sorry couldn't resist that) so he can introduce anyone/thing he wants. In his world, we find out so much more then what is written from Sookie's perspective in the books.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Isn't book three when Sookie finds out Bill is doing special work for the Queen (his vampire archive and search program).
    However, from the previews it looks like Eric goes to Queen Sophie to find out what to do about MaryAnn, I think.

I loved the part when Andy is telling Sam about the one eyed guy, and Sam is listening/freezing then says "I have no idea what you are talking about"

I laughed many times, especially the part with Jason as God. It is such a good show!! I think it's recorded time was shorter, maybe they thought we wouldn't notice, but we do!!!!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Premium Member

^Definitely shorter I watched online it was only 45 minutes it usually runs around 52-53 minutes an episode. HBO is doing a BB on this episode. Anyone that watches Big Brother will know what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3676622;
    ^Definitely shorter I watched online it was only 45 minutes it usually runs around 52-53 minutes an episode. HBO is doing a BB on this episode. Anyone that watches Big Brother will know what I am talking about.
    Hopefully AB will give us a little extra in the next two episode. Paraphrasing Oliver Twist, please may we have some more.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3676731;
    Hopefully AB will give us a little extra in the next two episode. Paraphrasing Oliver Twist, please may we have some more.
    Paraphrasing Animal House (): Thank you sir, may I have another ... and make it a full hour please.

+ Reply to Thread