+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 216 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Hurry Thursday!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We're all caught up now!!

Ooooo this show is goood
    It's rare I find myself smiling at the TV, but I was doing it many times through those 3 episodes
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Ohhhhh, I LOVE this show! Does anybody know what's up with the dog they show periodically? I'm wondering if it's some kind of protector for Sookie. Maybe the dog is really Bill's "other"??
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by SheltieMom;3206350;
    Ohhhhh, I LOVE this show! Does anybody know what's up with the dog they show periodically? I'm wondering if it's some kind of protector for Sookie. Maybe the dog is really Bill's "other"??
    Don't read if you don't want to know about the dog.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The dog is Sookie's boss he is a shifter.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3206359;
    Don't read if you don't want to know about the dog.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The dog is Sookie's boss he is a shifter.
    Except that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    in the last show we saw the dog appear with Sam - so I am not sure why they made it a point to show them together..... unless to show how fond Sam is of dogs and his preference toward them as an animal/shifter. From the books we know Sam prefers to shift into a dog, but it was confusing of them to show the Collie running over to Sam because I thought the dog was Sam keeping an eye on Sookie. Maybe the dog just reports back to Sam???

Sam is my favorite choice for Sookie and her best chance to have a normal life (IMO); although at the time I read the first book, Bill was my favorite.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3206403;
    Except that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    in the last show we saw the dog appear with Sam - so I am not sure why they made it a point to show them together..... unless to show how fond Sam is of dogs and his preference toward them as an animal/shifter. From the books we know Sam prefers to shift into a dog, but it was confusing of them to show the Collie running over to Sam because I thought the dog was Sam keeping an eye on Sookie. Maybe the dog just reports back to Sam???

Sam is my favorite choice for Sookie and her best chance to have a normal life (IMO); although at the time I read the first book, Bill was my favorite.
    Good point. But maybe
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he does shift into a dog that looks just ike that one so that when he's around Sookie she will think it's the dog she knows but it's really Sam? He would have to know though when the other dog is not around so that there wouldn't be two of them looking alike running around at the same time, or maybe he puts him in the house when he shifts?
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Wow! Thanks for the info on the dog--I may have to read the book--don't know if I can wait for the series to unfold!
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3206420;
    Good point. But maybe
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he does shift into a dog that looks just ike that one so that when he's around Sookie she will think it's the dog she knows but it's really Sam? He would have to know though when the other dog is not around so that there wouldn't be two of them looking alike running around at the same time, or maybe he puts him in the house when he shifts?
    Well that could be. There was an explanation in one of the first books regarding Sam's preference
    Click to see Spoiler:
    of the dog being his favorite shift animal. It made sense to me at the time but I don't remember the reason given.

It's possible that Sam's friendly dog may have been explained in the first book but it's been so long since I read the series, and my niece has the books now......
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I relish the fact that I have read/enjoyed the 8 books in the series, against the fact that I know what is going to happen/ending of the story. It is a little like re-reading a book. The fact that the casting nicely fits with my imagination and many of the characters are great in emoting their character enhances my enjoyment. (Jason is so Jason)!

I like the way that A. Ball has added/slightly changed little side stories (that provides a fresh quality to each show for me); while at same time upholds the books storyline. This is a great adaptation of a book IMO.
    Christopher Reeve

Any Gilmore Girls fans out there watching True Blood? It took me about an hour to figure out who the bearded guy who hugged Bill in the church was. It was ZACH! from GG I was so excited when I figured it out I ran and slid into the livingroom in my sockfeet to tell Mr Nerd
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread