+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 216 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Huh, tonight's episode was way too short. Aggrh!

Still I loved Jason pretending to be the God and drunk Sheriff Andy holding up the horns. That was funny.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3676154;
    Okay, that episode was WAY too short and there wasn't nearly enough Eric in it, although that first scene was HOT!

I loved all the stuff with Sam, Andy and Jason. Jason as "God" on top of the car was hilarious! Of course he doesn't know what "smite" means. Andy giving Jason "horns" after Terry questions whether it's really God....

Second sexiest character on True Blood: Jason's arms Good Lord, I've missed seeing him with less clothing on! That was another reason to hate the FoTS storyline!

Well, based on the previews, it looks like I was right and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sam does team up with Eric! LOVED the red jumpsuit Pam is wearing. I saw a still of that scene and was looking forward to some more Pam - love her.

I was looking at some stills on imdb and the third vamp who fed on Lafayette in Eric's office early this season was supposed to be Chow Talk about ignoring the description in the book. I was looking forward to seeing who AB would cast - I didn't realize he'd already done it. Total missed opportunity to get a really hot Asian guy in the bar. On another casting note, does anyone know if they've cast Andre yet? Since Sophie-Ann is already here, he shouldn't be too far behind!

ETA (so I don't post FOUR times in a row = ) I found a casting spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Not only with Sophie-Ann be in the last 2 episodes, so will Sookie's cousin Hadley! They've cast Lindsey Haun to play Hadley and the post I read had stuff from her MySpace. She said she worked with Stephen, Alex and Evan Rachel Wood and loved it. I thought that was good casting - she and Anna share a resemblance.

Oh and WAH! Only 2 more episodes
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I also read somewhere that there will be a skinny frenzied tattoo'ed guy appearing in 1 or 2 episodes. Oops, better add some spoiler tags.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I know ya'all are gone tonight, but I just watched tonight's episode and WOW! I was totally blown away! I'm glad Eric is playing a bigger part, too (Holy cow, that opening scene ROCKED MY WORLD!) And ITA that it was way too short too! I have a question, though - it has been awhile since I read the books, but isn't it a little early for the Queen to show up? Just wondering...Again, loved, loved, LOVED! tonight's show and I will be very sad in 2 weeks when this season ends! Btw, so glad FoRT has a True Blood thread - thanks whoever set this up! :-)

Premium Member

Some questions on tonight's episode.. when Sookie touched MaryAnn was that her fey power that knocked Maryann down? Also why is Andy immune to the maenad power?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3676236;
    Huh, tonight's episode was way too short. Aggrh!

Still I loved Jason pretending to be the God and drunk Sheriff Andy holding up the horns. That was funny.
    Jason as the god: "It is me.... the god who comes......I have come and now I am here......You will have great weather and good crops!"

It's been about a month since I re-read the books, but I think we see Sophie-Ann in the third book, although it's book 6 when we really get to know her when
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hadley dies and Sookie goes to New Orleans to deal with her effects and then gets pulled into the drama with the Queen.
    . It's hard to remember which thing happens in which book when you read them all back-to-back.

I forgot to mention Sam cleaning up in the parking lot wearing just an apron! This show certainly isn't at a loss for hot men!

Looking forward to next week and MORE ERIC!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Jason as the god: "It is me.... the god who comes......I have come and now I am here......You will have great weather and good crops!"
    That had me rolling! And when he went all Rambo in the bar, with a chainsaw and a nail gun...hilarious. Lafayette had some good one liners, "Jesus and I decided to see other people" was my fave.

Old Andy, he's such a trainwreck. And I've had about enough of Hoyt's mom. AND MaryAnn, I'll be glad when she gets gone, however it happens. I'm tired of her messing with poor, sweet Sam. You're right, Crit, Sam does an apron good.

Paridy, I have no idea what that thing Sookie did was about. I'm not through the whole book series, but the only power I know her to have is telepathy. Anybody know what the heck was going on there?
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Book spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I do think what Sookie did to Maryann was in reference to her fae heritage. In later books, we find out that Claudine is actually a cousin to Sookie. Sookie's grandparents were unable to have children and one of the fairie princes saw Gran when she was younger and had to have her. He seduced her and she had Sookie's father and aunt (Hadley's mom.) All these years, Sookie's "real" grandfather forbid her great-grandfather, the faerie prince Niall, from contacting any of them. Sookie's grandfather died and Niall was finally able to contact Sookie. We do find out later that Niall's enemies caused Sookie's parents' death. Now I can't remember 100% but I am pretty sure that Sookie's fae heritage did not provide her with powers or anything, so this is way out of left field. But if it is her fae powers, I would love it. I have been wanting to see Claudine on the show for quite some time.

Last night's episode was great. Way too short. LOVED the emotional scene with Tara, although it was so hard to watch, it showed the bonds between the ensemble cast. Yay for more Eric.

Jason, lol, as the "God," that whole scene was hilarious. And then to cap it off Sam shifting back and wearing just the apron. Whoever said the show definitely does not lack hot men is very very right. Woo.

Hopefully bye bye Maryann. No matter how good the FOTS storyline turned out to be and how sick I was getting of it, this Maryann storyline has got to be finished soon. It just keeps getting weirder and weirder and more out there. And what the heck is up with Sookie's house?? I don't know about her but I wouldn't want to live there after all the crazy crap that has been happening there.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3676458;
    Lafayette had some good one liners, "Jesus and I decided to see other people" was my fave.
    I loved that line and the one about what a crappy intervention it was. He continues to be one of my favorite characters. So glad AB decided not to kill him off.

Paridy, I have no idea what that thing Sookie did was about. I'm not through the whole book series, but the only power I know her to have is telepathy. Anybody know what the heck was going on there?
    I think it has to do with the fact that Sookie is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    part fae (i.e. fairy). Fairies have a particular effect on vamps (they're like an aphrodisiac), so maybe she has powers that affect MaryAnn The dazed look on MaryAnn's face when she said "What are you?" makes me think that's what it is.

I like the idea that Eric is controlling these dreams of Sookie's, so it's not just her subconscious - it's him showing her how it could be. Plus, you know, anything that gets Alex out of his clothes is okay by me!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Premium Member

Does anyone know why Andy isn't affected by Maryann, did I miss something?

Kiz

I'll echo others...The episode was too short!!! (grrr)

I also loved all the scenes already mentioned. It was a great show!

A few standouts for me:

Bill! What a hottie he was tonight. Sometimes he looks a little drab side, but last night, he was smoldering. Well, except when he was barfing after his MaryAnn's encounter...yuck.

I loved the Jason's line when Hoyt was describing the crazy stuff that had been happening in Bon Temps while Jason, Sookie and Bill had been away. Hoyt mentioned Daphne had scars on her back, and Sookie was shocked and asked, "The new waitress at Merlotte's?" Jason's ears perked up, and he asked in his - there's a new woman in town? - way, "There's a new waitress at Merlotte's?" Jason plays the perfect hound dog.

Also, when Hoyt asked Jessica if he should leave to help Bill and Sookie, which would have left Jessica alone with his crazy mother, and Jessica (the vampire) said, "And leave me home alone with her? No, &*^% way."

It was silly as heck, but my husband and I were laughing out loud at during the Jason as god scene. I was howling at Jason's and Andy's reaction after Jason "smitted" Sam. The peek at Sam's butt where his apron didn't meet was perfect.

I'm not sure why Andy isn't affected by MaryAnn, except that possibly he hasn't been around at the right time when MaryAnn is possessing everyone.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread