+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 216 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

Oh, Alcide. No freaking idea who they are going to cast. They need someone a little scruffy/hairy who can clean up for the "businessman" part.

I wonder if we will ever meet Quinn. Knowing that Charlaine pictured Vin Diesel when she wrote the description of Quinn, no one will sit right with me for that role.

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3666283;
    Oh, Alcide. No freaking idea who they are going to cast. They need someone a little scruffy/hairy who can clean up for the "businessman" part.

I wonder if we will ever meet Quinn. Knowing that Charlaine pictured Vin Diesel when she wrote the description of Quinn, no one will sit right with me for that role.
    Vin Diesel? Not at all who I imagined and, if that's who Charlaine pictured, it certainly isn't who she wrote. The only similarity is the bald head. Quinn is 6'5", feline and beautiful. Vin Diesel is not.

For Alcide, I pictured someone not unlike the actor who played Stan only with a little extra something. Although most of the cast doesn't resemble their character as written in the book (for me, Pam is the big exception - she looks exactly as I imagined her. Jason is pretty close too), I'll be disappointed if Alcide and Quinn aren't tall and HOT.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

He's got the beautiful part down.
    I just have to say that i loved Lafayette Kicking a$$ and taking Tara last night. Brilliant! Don't let the lipstick full you.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Premium Member

I for one loved how they made Jason and Sookie bond more in the show than in the book. The scene where they were talking about their parents and grandmother was touching. I like that the show makes Jason more likable.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Oh my goodness Sookie & Eric in bed. So many wonderful scenes in the last episode. Even the way Eric's hair was tousled was just freaking awesome and when she says he's a big faker and has love in his heart and he replies only for Sookie. Yummy. Thank you Alan Ball for that lovely scene.

The stuff with Godric was fantastic too. I could totally feel Eric's loss when he was begging Godric not to leave him. Even when Godric met the sun and died it was beautiful. Sookie's tears and the blue fire the erupted out of him was exactly how I pictured it would be. Alex should get nominated for an Emmy for that scene.

I can't wait to watch it again.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Sorry to change the topic here, but does anyone remember roughly the time between season 1's ending and season 2's premier? I just want to know how long I have to wait until season 3 starts

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3666429;
    Sorry to change the topic here, but does anyone remember roughly the time between season 1's ending and season 2's premier? I just want to know how long I have to wait until season 3 starts
    Season 3 premieres next summer

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3666419;
    Oh my goodness Sookie & Eric in bed. So many wonderful scenes in the last episode. Even the way Eric's hair was tousled was just freaking awesome and when she says he's a big faker and has love in his heart and he replies only for Sookie. Yummy. Thank you Alan Ball for that lovely scene.
    My favorite part was when he said "This is the beginning." Woot! That whole scene made me swoon: his hair, the little smile, him kissing her hand...all of it. I've watched it an embarrassing number of times on OnDemand. You know the worst part? Anna got paid to do that. My job sucks.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3666436;
    Season 3 premieres next summer
    Holy crap, that's too cruel. I just got into this show.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3666438;
    Holy crap, that's too cruel. I just got into this show.
    Buy the books! That will tide you over for at least a week. As a friend of mine said, they're the kind of books that you sit down in a chair to read and you don't get up until you finish! I read the first 8 books in 5 days.

Not only does the next season not start until summer 2010 (and I'm hoping that means May and not August), but Charlaine Harris's next Sookie book doesn't come out until May. I'm going to be watching my season 1 DVD obsessively, since they probably won't release season 2 until next year some time close to the season 3 premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3666453;
    Buy the books! That will tide you over for at least a week. As a friend of mine said, they're the kind of books that you sit down in a chair to read and you don't get up until you finish! I read the first 8 books in 5 days.

Not only does the next season not start until summer 2010 (and I'm hoping that means May and not August), but Charlaine Harris's next Sookie book doesn't come out until May. I'm going to be watching my season 1 DVD obsessively, since they probably won't release season 2 until next year some time close to the season 3 premiere.
    An article on the True Blood website says it will premiere June 2010 , so while it's not May, it's not August either.

Reading 8 books in 5 days? Impressive. I'm currently working toward an engineering degree, so unfortunately I don't think I can find much time to read since my brain is constantly crunching numbers. I can usually only read a couple of pages before I start dozing. Hopefully the books are exciting enough to keep me awake

+ Reply to Thread