+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: True Blood (HBO)

Re: True Blood (HBO)

I totally cried at the end of the episode. Of course, I also cry when my sports team wins sometimes, so I am not a good judge, lol!

I am a little more cool with Eric but still I guess I am a Bill fan. I dunno...After this episode, it was a little harder to deny the attraction that is there between Eric and Sookie.

I thought it was the best episode of the season!!! I loved Eric and Sookie in bed and was disappointed it was only a dream! But, I guess I have to be patient until more his revealed about Bill's true motives.
    The only thing that surprises me a little, is that in the books, it takes a long time for some of these story arcs to play out, but AB seems to be merging the future book story plots in with the current TB series sooner. I like it, because you don't have to wait to see some reveals; it is almost like he wants the essence of all the books captured in the moment instead of dragging the mystery out. Thanks Alan!

Last night we saw that Sam escaped from prison by shifting into a bug after seeing the fly on the wall in the cell. That he saw what happened at Sookie's house with MaryAnn as a fly, and decides now to team up with Andy. But, in the book series Sam doesn't "come out of the closet" to Andy for a while (I think? or was it in the second book?). In last night's episode, it looks as if Sam is about to expose his supe nature to Andy right now. I like that Alan has compacted the books for the purpose of story telling. In fact, I love it!

And, paridy
    Quote Originally Posted by paridy
    Can't wait, I bet Stephen won't be liking Anna and Alex in the Sookie Eric scenes
    You are correct! Stephen had a difficult time watching Anna and Alex film that scene, but Alan assured him that Bill wasn't going to just sit back and let Eric take her. However, anyone who has read the series knows what lies ahead. I actually like the fact that Sookie will have
    Click to see Spoiler:
    several more supernatural boyfriends, before getting engaged to Eric. Good to have more experience with those supe men.

I love this show, and can't believe there are just 3 episodes left! Noooooo! Please get rid of MaryAnn, and then let's just move on to season three - NOW!!!!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Who is John Galt?

Yeah, I'll bet Stephen Moyer had a lot of problems watching his woman in a nude scene with another man, even if it was just acting. That could be a problem in their relationship, if he is the jealous type. I noticed, though, that Eric did not touch Sookie's bare breast, just rubbed her back. Personally, I love the relationship between Bill and Sookie and am not a fan of Eric's (altho he is not hard to look at, especially nude - NICE).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still say somebody needs to tell him to stand up straight!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3665529;
    I still say somebody needs to tell him to stand up straight!
    So true, so true!!

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3665740;
    So true, so true!!
    I totally agree. He'll never really fit what I thought Eric should look like but if he stood up straight it would be better. lol

Who is John Galt?

Tall men (and women) tend to stoop a bit to compensate for towering over others. That may be why he stoops a bit, but quite frankly, I really didn't notice.

Because Alex is 6'4", he has to lean down to talk to anyone else on the show - they're all short! He doesn't look the way I imagined Eric in the books, but I love Alex in the part and I'm actually glad they cut his hair - he's much better with the short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    But, in the book series Sam doesn't "come out of the closet" to Andy for a while (I think? or was it in the second book?).
    I honestly can't remember when Andy finds out. Maybe not until book 9, I just can't remember if he finds out before everyone else....I think he does. He knows there are other beings in the world because he asks Sookie, but I don't think she "outs" Sam or gives him specifics. Darn, I'll just have to re-read the books again! ITA with you about the merging of future plot lines. The sooner we get to book 4, the better. Really though, I can't imagine Stephen being happy with that whole storyline since after book 2
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Bill sort of gets sidelined and becomes a minor character in the story
    If AB changes things, I hope it's not too much. I want to see QUINN in a few seasons!

I've now watched the episode 4 times and a few scenes (I'm sure you can guess which ones) a few more than that. It's definitely one of my favorite episodes, along with "Timebomb" last week. As usual, Arlene had some of my favorite lines:
    [On the phone with Lisa] "Coby'll eat cat food if you put mayo on it. Now Mama's got to work!"
    [To Terry]: "Please quit bein' so much more peculiar than you usually are!"

My favorite exchange (after the entire dream sequence, of course):
    Sookie: "You big, lying A-HOLE!"
    Eric: "Bill, you're right, I believe I can sense her emotions."

Is it me or is Hoyt getting hotter? Who knew he had arms like that?

When I see Stephen and Anna together in interviews, I think they're adorable. I'm just not a fan of Bill - I don't think he's attractive (maybe it's the hair) and he's kind of a stick in the mud. On screen at least, I think Anna has better chemistry with Alex. Of course, Alex is sex on a stick. He'd have chemistry with a mailbox.

SO sick of the Maryann storyline. Please let it not take up the entire final 3 episodes of the season I want to see some book 3 characters show up. We know Sophie-Ann is coming, but I'd love to see Alcide. Someone upthread wondered who would be cast in that role. I can't wait to see who AB gets!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3665985;
    Because Alex is 6'4", he has to lean down to talk to anyone else on the show - they're all short! He doesn't look the way I imagined Eric in the books, but I love Alex in the part and I'm actually glad they cut his hair - he's much better with the short hair.

I honestly can't remember when Andy finds out. Maybe not until book 9, I just can't remember if he finds out before everyone else....I think he does. He knows there are other beings in the world because he asks Sookie, but I don't think she "outs" Sam or gives him specifics. Darn, I'll just have to re-read the books again! ITA with you about the merging of future plot lines. The sooner we get to book 4, the better. Really though, I can't imagine Stephen being happy with that whole storyline since after book 2
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Bill sort of gets sidelined and becomes a minor character in the story
    If AB changes things, I hope it's not too much. I want to see QUINN in a few seasons!

I've now watched the episode 4 times and a few scenes (I'm sure you can guess which ones) a few more than that. It's definitely one of my favorite episodes, along with "Timebomb" last week. As usual, Arlene had some of my favorite lines:
    [On the phone with Lisa] "Coby'll eat cat food if you put mayo on it. Now Mama's got to work!"
    [To Terry]: "Please quit bein' so much more peculiar than you usually are!"

My favorite exchange (after the entire dream sequence, of course):
    Sookie: "You big, lying A-HOLE!"
    Eric: "Bill, you're right, I believe I can sense her emotions."

Is it me or is Hoyt getting hotter? Who knew he had arms like that?

When I see Stephen and Anna together in interviews, I think they're adorable. I'm just not a fan of Bill - I don't think he's attractive (maybe it's the hair) and he's kind of a stick in the mud. On screen at least, I think Anna has better chemistry with Alex. Of course, Alex is sex on a stick. He'd have chemistry with a mailbox.

SO sick of the Maryann storyline. Please let it not take up the entire final 3 episodes of the season I want to see some book 3 characters show up. We know Sophie-Ann is coming, but I'd love to see Alcide. Someone upthread wondered who would be cast in that role. I can't wait to see who AB gets!
    As far as Sophie-Ann is concerned see p51 post 505 to a link of the actress playing her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3666038;
    As far as Sophie-Ann is concerned see p51 post 505 to a link of the actress playing her.
    I know about the casting of Evan Rachel Wood, I was wondering about Alcide.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread